what do you all think about jodi dean?
bad, boring, part of the zizney hype machine
Jools hates her!!! One weird blog a professor mom discovered to renew the Communist horizon CLICK HERE YES NO

jools posted:

bad, boring, part of the zizney hype machine

Im part of the Zizzle hype machine, joolsey, can you milk me

who's that

Impper posted:

who's that

ok let's dig into this festering zizek thing

Zizek pros: stalin?
Zizek cons: lacan?
zizek pros: he looks funny and says funny things and i like his academic books where he spends 50 pages talking about which world leaders are which comic book villains

zizkek cons: haha come on dude
pros: interesting interpretation of german idealism
cons: not a political economist or french
Dean! DEAAAN!
[account deactivated]
she literally thinks the vanguard should be psychoanalysts, as does zizek.

Impper posted:

who's that

marimite posted:

no she doesn't lol, they talk about the communist party playing the role of the analyst, which isnt the same thing at all

marimite posted:

yeah, vanguard...

of the reactionary!!!

She's a nice lady and I like the stuff she's edited and the parts of her book that I've read. Well, peace.
[account deactivated]
psychoanalysis is for retards and tool fans
i prefer grundlesworthy myself. his trenchant analysis of the current syria situation last week was quite enlightening.
I dunno who jodi dean is vb ut the name sounds like one of those florida glamour moms who kills their children
[account deactivated]
I dunno probably "karen white" or something
[account deactivated]
i still dont understand what the fuck she means with "communicative capitalism"
I don't know either, but I suppose one could take the position that contemporary communications media capture their users in intensive and extensive networks of enjoyment, production, and surveillance. A term for this formation might well be communicative capitalism. Just as industrial capitalism relied on the exploitation of labor, so does communicative capitalism rely on the exploitation of communication. As Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri argue, “communication is the form of capitalist production in which capital has succeeded in submitting society entirely and globally to its regime, suppressing all alternative paths.” A critical theory of communicative capitalism would require occupying (rather than disavowing) the trap in which it enthralls and configures contemporary subjects. One could argue that this trap takes the form that modern European philosophy heralded as the form of freedom: reflexivity. Communicative capitalism might then be that economic-ideological form wherein reflexivity captures creativity and resistance so as to enrich the few as it placates and diverts the many.

gyrofry posted:

I don't know either, but I suppose one could take the position that contemporary communications media capture their users in intensive and extensive networks of enjoyment, production, and surveillance. A term for this formation might well be communicative capitalism. Just as industrial capitalism relied on the exploitation of labor, so does communicative capitalism rely on the exploitation of communication. As Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri argue, “communication is the form of capitalist production in which capital has succeeded in submitting society entirely and globally to its regime, suppressing all alternative paths.” A critical theory of communicative capitalism would require occupying (rather than disavowing) the trap in which it enthralls and configures contemporary subjects. One could argue that this trap takes the form that modern European philosophy heralded as the form of freedom: reflexivity. Communicative capitalism might then be that economic-ideological form wherein reflexivity captures creativity and resistance so as to enrich the few as it placates and diverts the many.

gyrofry posted:

thats a pretty twisty justification for not going to meetings and blogging instead

the real jodi dean

is no one really gonna make a paula dean joke? okay fine i will: paula dean.
jodi's cousin jimmy,

is this another person that's only taken seriously by the oh so very young and irrelevant ?
well sausage is generally a young mans game

thirdplace posted:

is no one really gonna make a paula dean joke? okay fine i will: paula dean.

I was going to make one of these jokes but you ruined it. Thanks I guess...

Crow posted:

marimite posted:

no she doesn't lol, they talk about the communist party playing the role of the analyst, which isnt the same thing at all

when i went to meet with this 80 year old member of the CPUSA in park slope the very first thing he said to me after we introduced ourselves was his diagnosis of me

[account deactivated]
tpaine can you post that weird paula deen fishing horrible devil video
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i feel the fear