They already made an age of empires campaign based on the anabasis. I think that was the Greek campaign in aoe 1.
i tried to add tale of tales to my facebook and apparently yuriy norshteyn makes games now

thirdplace posted:

jools posted:

speaking of games, did you know no paradox game permits you to start as the serbian empire? the latest start date in crusader kings 2 is 1337, 9 years before its foundation, and the earliest start date in europa universalis 3 is 1399, 28 years after its dissolution. conspiracy.

you can start as serbia in vicky 2, scrub

no i mean the actual literal Serbian Empire. look it up scrubuchadnezzer

won't serbia have some kind of 'rebuild the empire' mission? the only full game of eu3 i played was as byzantium and it was the last because why does THE freakeing Empire have to westernise?
europe est orthodoxe

kinch posted:

won't serbia have some kind of 'rebuild the empire' mission? the only full game of eu3 i played was as byzantium and it was the last because why does THE freakeing Empire have to westernise?

the possibility of an anti-serb conspiracy in paradox is discussed here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?649484-Serbia-as-Empire

[account deactivated]
UNDERGROUND FULL OST GORAN BREGOVIC HQ

good to see ulillillia finally finished his game
jagged alliance 2 is cool im playing the latest unstable 1.13 w/ arulco revisited mod, i took this funny screenshot of an npc--john from cleveland ohio, gateway to the great lakes--but i can't find it you play on behalf of mercenaries 'liberating' a third world country with no discernible economic function! the main ideas are nihilism of efficiency and geometry of war. i give it 50 stars

e: littlegreenpills suggested this game is a good primer for maosist guerrilla cells. hwoever, the trouble i had crossing the street after playing crawl all day and taking drugs suggests turn-based games do NOT properly simulate reality.

Edited by kinch ()

NoFreeWill posted:

http://lcs.wikidot.com/looks cool haha but you play as a liberal

the name and general use of the word liberal in this game is intended as a joke/criticism + this game owns

you can seduce former soldiers and propagandize addicts and use them to assault the police station or news network headquarters then die in a hail of bullets, what more do you want?
Crow explain:
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2013/03/29/programmers-develop-game-reliving-cuban-revolution-on-joy-stick/

SovietFriends posted:

all games are boring

therefore just make a game about production chains and nothing else, like just about checking wage levels and location of resources and tax laws state control over those taxes ability to transfer capital ability to invest capital etc etc etc

then nothing else at all

then it will only take 10 minutes and it will be socially useful

anything that requires staring at a screen for longer then that probably causes school shootings or something or at least becoming mega dork

yes yes yes, you are our future Games Czar.

http://badgame.net/index.php?topic=49.46520

stegosaurus posted:

http://badgame.net/index.php?topic=49.46520

hehe

NoFreeWill posted:

http://lcs.wikidot.com/looks cool haha but you play as a liberal

didn't click but my recollection is the point is satirizing liberalism but maybe i'm just hoping that was the point

[account deactivated]

stegosaurus posted:

as. marxist. television. shw. to. watch.

badgame is where ycs moved
[account deactivated]
I wouldn't mind playing that Cuban game. Could be fun, too bad there doesn't seem to be any pics or videos. I like that they're releasing it for cheap based on the material conditions. Someone ought to write a piece on why communist governments are so good at being capitalism, because they actually understand it, without all the hang ups liberals have.

Lysenko posted:

games are for children

Fag

ironic, but about video games, except not really b/c still playing them + thinking about them a lot. Could be good.
is that where joey posts everyday instead of here
"Really Enjoying this game of Halo " Ha Ha, but really i am enjoying it.
[account deactivated]
Videogames Are Everything Life could Be..

ilmdge posted:

is that where joey posts everyday instead of here

yep, its also where half the posters here get their jokes and funny pictures

i love playing video games
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

wghat is badgame, is it another wddp

It's where the political vanguard meets to have conclusive dicussions on the nature of Trotskyism

parabolart posted:

Videogames Are Everything Life could Be..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/mar/29/cuban-video-game-revolutionary-history

i think victoria 2 by paradox is the funniest game because it bases its simulation of the 19th century on all kinds of liberal assumptions and it just doesn't reflect reality at all or even simply work.

like the whole political, economic and colonial aspects are all neutered and controled because if they were set free you'd end up with brazil conquering china and millions of swedish immigrating to haiti because they passed a pension law. also africans don't exist on the map because they're 'savages' lol.

like the game bases itself on the concept of states and literally the only way they could make it work was to have the player be some kind of immortal technocrat ruling behind the scenes; which is what liberals want IRL so it actually reflects their class interests really well!
any game (or media) about the 19th century should not teach 'savages are just humans too!' (although paradox fails at even that) but 'humans are just savages too! and it's glorious!' At Least That's What I Think

germanjoey posted:

i love playing video games

Every single meso drop should be lootshared by everyone lol, and equip/use/etc/setup drop should be automatically added to a huge store that sells everything at a fixed price. There would likely be no FM, no merches, no real world trading, no meso selling sites, like 80% less botters and hackers. It would be perfect. Communist maple pl0x.

Scrree posted:

i think victoria 2 by paradox is the funniest game because it bases its simulation of the 19th century on all kinds of liberal assumptions and it just doesn't reflect reality at all or even simply work.

like the whole political, economic and colonial aspects are all neutered and controled because if they were set free you'd end up with brazil conquering china and millions of swedish immigrating to haiti because they passed a pension law. also africans don't exist on the map because they're 'savages' lol.

like the game bases itself on the concept of states and literally the only way they could make it work was to have the player be some kind of immortal technocrat ruling behind the scenes; which is what liberals want IRL so it actually reflects their class interests really well!

sometimes i try to picture what a paradox game would look like that admitted the contingent reality of states, like the basic unit of geography would be equal to the basic unit of people, (i think they would be equivalent to the "POP"s in v2?) and you would have all these power relations between these to manage and cultural acceptance of ideas to try to skew one way or the other to try and move society toward what you were trying to accomplish

I think it could actually be really good and fascinating and attract the same audience as their games while also confronting them with some sense of the realities of history

if it was done right your bullshit campaign to colour your map the same colour should feel completely empty. I mean it does for me already but I think there would be a way to write the game mechanics in such a way that it really underlines how disconnected "my map is all blue, yay" imperialism is from the basic facts of people trying to feed and shelter themselves and have lives regardless of what colour the flag is today