Impper posted:

pot is gross, and, so is blade runner

I'm trying to not be such an angry person. So. Here's list of things i did before responding to your post. I counted to ten, backwards. I screamed into a pillow. I stamped in a circle. I whanged on the bars of my cage with my forearms. I listened to "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division. I ate a half gallon of ice cream. I went for a walk. I went for a jog. I went for a drive. I read the Little Book of Calm. I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I read the New Testament. I read Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul. I smashed a plate. I got up a petition. I held a prayer meeting. I institutionalized myself. And finally, just to be sure I was calmed all the way down, I smoked a Jiant Joint and watched Blade Runner.

lol
wweed kills
[account deactivated]
shut up swampman~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAJBXtVg8nQ

Impper posted:

shut up swampman~

put that FUCKER in his place. YEah! Style on that nerd.

ilmdge posted:

http://exval.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/the-naxalite-uprising-an-overview/

thanks

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/26/paula-deen-fat-fried-chicken_n_2767306.html
I'm a Mechanical Engineer, and many years ago when I was in college I noticed my professors all seemed to have a singular obsession - how awesome it would be if they were transported back in time to the stone age, the middle ages, or whatever, and they became essentially gods of their time for "inventing" a bunch of things that we now take for granted today. Relevant inventions they regarded as being easy yet incredibly significant included things like iron swords, stirrups, wheels, windmills, or whatever.

I've been thinking of getting my first tattoo and I've decided that I want to get something relevant to that fantasy tattooed on me. I want to get a tattoo of some information that would be useful if I were transported back in time thusly. For the purposes of this discussion, assume that it's a random geographic location, that has a human population already present. They are a "stone age" civilization, in that they have not yet been able to create metal tools of any kind. I'd like some material for a tattoo that would come in handy if I found myself in that situation.

I've found this thing: http://imgur.com/eRgI2Wc which looks useful enough, but to be honest I already know most of the stuff on there since I'm an engineer and have a significant amount of backpacking experience.

Through conversations with my friends, I've worked out a few important criteria for what would make this useful:

1) The information has to be something that will be relevant to survival or innovation using stone-age technology (Maxwell's Equations, for instance, while cool, would not have much practical utility)

2) The information has to be something that would not be easy to re-derive through experimentation (a good formula for black powder, for instance, wouldn't be that hard to get with a couple months of tinkering)

3) The information has to be something that I could not easily learn in an hour or two of studying (how to make crappy primitive beer, for instance)

4) The information has to not be specific to a certain geographic location (identifying information for edible or medicinal plants, for instance)

The best suggestion I've heard so far is astronomical data like the timing of solar eclipses, but this has a certain amount of geographical specificity that makes it less than desirable. Our general intuition tells us that leadership and communication would be incredibly important, since the local population already knows a lot about how to survive under their circumstances, but I'm not sure how to encode stuff like that into a tattoo.

SO, what would you want tattooed on yourself if you were going to be transported back in time to the stone age?

Also, please don't suggest "a schematic for a time machine," that's just silly.
a hammer and sickle
[account deactivated]

peepaw posted:

but to be honest I already know most of the stuff on there since I'm an engineer

the tattoo should read "who is john galt?"

the entire text of mein kampf
Officer: ‘I’m dying to taste girl meat’

Thursday, February 28, 2013
By Tom Hays, New York

Cheerful written exchanges between a police officer and women from his past appeared in a sinister new light when an FBI agent described at the officer’s criminal trial how he talked on the internet about killing and eating the women.

“I’m dying to taste some girl meat,” Gilberto Valle told one of the online friends he met who shared an appetite for human flesh, according to agent Corey Walsh’s testimony.

The testimony came on the second day of testimony in federal court in Manhattan for the 28-year-old Queens resident charged with conspiring to kidnap women and illegally accessing a government database to research potential victims. If convicted, he could face life in prison.

It came a day after his wife told jurors she fled their home in September with their one-year-old daughter after discovering that Valle spent hours a night on extreme sexually violent websites and one that catered to those interested in cannibalism and asphyxiation.

To prove the plots involved real women and to counter defence claims that it was all fantasy, the government summoned several women to testify about their dealings with Valle.

The women included a former school classmate, two former college classmates, one of whom was named as Kimberly Sauer, aged 29, and an 18-year-old who attended Valle’s high school alma mater and said she had no contact with him before he described her to one of his internet friends as “the most desirable piece of meat I’ve ever met” and small enough to fit in his oven.

Walsh said Valle’s computer had a file titled ‘Abducting and Cooking Kimberly: A Blueprint’, which included a photo of Sauer.

Sauer came up frequently as a subject in online chats between Valle and a man in Britain who used Moody Blues as a screen name and MeatMarketMan as part of his email address, the agent testified. In one correspondence, Valle suggests a woman named Kimberly would be easy prey because she lived alone.

The agent said Moody Blues suggested eating their victim alive but Valle responded: “I’m not really into raw meat.”

Walsh said they also discussed cooking Sauer, basted in olive oil, over an open fire, and using her severed head as a centrepiece for a sit-down meal.

gyrofry posted:

By Tom Hays, New York

Cheerful written exchanges between a police officer and women from his past appeared in a sinister new light when an FBI agent described at the officer’s criminal trial how he talked on the internet about killing and eating the women.

“I’m dying to taste some girl meat,” Gilberto Valle told one of the online friends he met who shared an appetite for human flesh, according to agent Corey Walsh’s testimony.

The testimony came on the second day of testimony in federal court in Manhattan for the 28-year-old Queens resident charged with conspiring to kidnap women and illegally accessing a government database to research potential victims. If convicted, he could face life in prison.

It came a day after his wife told jurors she fled their home in September with their one-year-old daughter after discovering that Valle spent hours a night on extreme sexually violent websites and one that catered to those interested in cannibalism and asphyxiation.

To prove the plots involved real women and to counter defence claims that it was all fantasy, the government summoned several women to testify about their dealings with Valle.

The women included a former school classmate, two former college classmates, one of whom was named as Kimberly Sauer, aged 29, and an 18-year-old who attended Valle’s high school alma mater and said she had no contact with him before he described her to one of his internet friends as “the most desirable piece of meat I’ve ever met” and small enough to fit in his oven.

Walsh said Valle’s computer had a file titled ‘Abducting and Cooking Kimberly: A Blueprint’, which included a photo of Sauer.

Sauer came up frequently as a subject in online chats between Valle and a man in Britain who used Moody Blues as a screen name and MeatMarketMan as part of his email address, the agent testified. In one correspondence, Valle suggests a woman named Kimberly would be easy prey because she lived alone.

The agent said Moody Blues suggested eating their victim alive but Valle responded: “I’m not really into raw meat.”

Walsh said they also discussed cooking Sauer, basted in olive oil, over an open fire, and using her severed head as a centrepiece for a sit-down meal.

don't worry, this officer will be dealt with using our harshest measures. 1 month paid leave followed by permanent desk work and a raise.

I have a delicious recipe for kimberly sauerkraut
[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:

By Tom Hays, New York

lol

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!
♪ kimberly is really neat
she is made of woman meat ♫