‘There’s no God and Islam is evil’ speech earns Richard Dawkins ovation from islanders

By DALE MILLER
Published on Saturday 3 November 2012 01:09

RENOWNED atheist Professor Richard Dawkins received a surprise standing ovation in the traditionally Christian community of Stornoway last night, following a two-hour speech in which he said there was probably no God.

The 71-year-old described Islam as “one of the great evils of the world” in his lecture, The God Delusion, as part of a rare visit to the Western Isles.

The talk delivered on Lewis during the Hebrides Book Festival proved a major hit among the 220-strong crowd. There was a waiting list of 60 people for tickets, after the event sold out within 40 minutes.

Members of the audience cheered loudly as Prof Dawkins used the appearance to attack Islam, while stressing that the “vast majority of
Muslims” were not evil, only their religion was.

Prof Dawkins said: “We are terrified of being called ‘Islamophobic’. It is a disgrace a religion prescribes death for leaving it. The vast majority of Muslims would not dream of doing that, but they are taught it in their madrassas… and it only takes a minority to put that into practice. And, as 
we have seen, terrible things happen.”

A group of Christians from the Free Church handed out leaflets outside the book festival venue during the lecture “to give the other side”.

The Rev Iver Martin, minister at Stornoway Free Church – the biggest single church in the
Outer Hebrides – said before the meeting: “A boycott to me is counterproductive. It will achieve nothing.

“I would hope there will be no form of protest. It would send out the wrong type of message."

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/there-s-no-god-and-islam-is-evil-speech-earns-richard-dawkins-ovation-from-islanders-1-2612951

so sad. as IWC said, we should have a travel ban on these people.

[account deactivated]
Im going to add you Donald.

tpaine posted:

Richard Dawkins Says "Nigger"

Richard Dawkins, author and scientist best known for his critique of organized religion The God Delusion said "Nigger" Wednesday amid remarks to speech-goers in Limbdershire.

Prof Dawkins said: "Nigger."

The gathered audience was unsure how to react to the speaker's statement.

most reasonable tpaine fake Anglo placename ever. Is it the end of an era?

stegosaurus posted:

Im going to add you Donald.

cool.

[account deactivated]
Hello tpaine. We would like to introduce ourself. *1.5x larger cranium pulsates ever so softly*
I'm gonna add you, Donald, to the travel ban, so you can explore the varied and proud nation of Quebec, your home nation, and when you have seen all this great land, we will upgrade you to East Canada
There's No God and Islam is Evil and Boys Rule Girls Drool

Crow posted:

I'm gonna add you, Donald, to the travel ban, so you can explore the varied and proud nation of Quebec, your home nation, and when you have seen all this great land, we will upgrade you to East Canada

well i'm leaving in a few days for a trip so maybe put the kibosh on the travel ban for a while.

i do want to travel around quebec, though. i consider it my adopted home. my hope is to get out to quebec city this spring (bus ticket is only about $80 return) and check out a few museums that i haven't seen before. once i have money and a wife i'd like to spend some time in the regions for vacations.

is that frog from tv or something? i rly like that frog

edit: this is earnest btw. i dont know where that frog is from but i like the way it looks heh

Edited by ilmdge ()

ilmdge posted:

edit: this is earnest btw. i dont know where that frog is from but i like the way it looks heh

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/feels-good-man

thx gf

ilmdge posted:

That frog is from television. After 4 arguments were put forth the ppl of the nation were going to abolish TV when a single counter argument was put forth: that frog, peeing with his pants around his ankles. For good or for ill, that frog is our legacy to the future.

is new atheism still going, i assumed it lost its momentum when the boom ended
[account deactivated]
RIChard Dawkins just said comedy gold. he said comedy gold and then he said the n word. then he raped(?) a woman in a elevater shaft in 2011
richard dawkins was born. richard dawkins spewed messily forth from his mother's distended pre-NHS vagina and inhaled his first breath of 1940s Kenyan air. "YAYAAAAA....GYUNYA KWENYA" said some black guy off camera as a mandrill held the future God Emperor of Atheists up to the rays of a new African dawn
[account deactivated]
Government officials are begging surgeons to reverse a tracheotomy procedure performed on author Richard Dawkins last Tuesday, which changed his continuous harangue against religion into an ultra-high frequency noise that can shatter glass and leave dogs brain-damaged from up to 500 yards away.
dawkins speech "fucking gay-ass shit" says almighty god, alpha & omega, beginning and end of all creation
donny when i was 15 i met a rly pretty girl from quebec who had moved montreal and she didnt speak english at all but she was really nice. i myself have always wanted to see what rural/true francophone quebec was like, having only been to montreal and quebec city

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

donny when i was 15 i met a rly pretty girl from quebec who had moved montreal and she didnt speak english at all but she was really nice. i myself have always wanted to see what rural/true francophone quebec was like, having only been to montreal and quebec city

You should set an Episode there, maybe have like: Marnie’s ex is at McGill and gets cancer and the whole gang goes up to visit him.

how about marnie goes to mcgill and the whole gang splits up season 3 and the shows over on some edgy shit because im an anticapitalist and i think overall my work with my original series Girls has reflected that
if you're that Edgy then make Hannah convert to islam

“I know what I’m doing mom”

“but Haaannahhh, what about sex?!?! what about those pork buns from Flushing?!?! You LOVE them!”
lol do they really tlk about pork buns? real talk, iwc you'd be glad to know i have a favorite buns spot in flushing
The toilet is my favourite flushing buns-spot
... peasant
In America people looked at me weird when I asked where the toilet was like they wanted me to say ‘bathroom’ or ‘restroom’ and it’s like fuck that, I don’t want a bath cunt where’s ya fukken toilets
Wow thats raw as hell dude the way you just cut through the bullcrap.
And What's The Freaking Deal With Parents? by Richard Dawkins

hmm thanks imgur... all things which are good advice are somehow bad?

getfiscal posted:

lol with your jewish inhibitions.

[account deactivated]
he indeed looks like that kitty

getfiscal posted:

- the loose jeans he is most definitely wearing
- hats especially that one especially indoors
- that facial hair