oooooooooh i get it, i was confused. the toolbar is only accessible from certain IPs, and i have to set those. well that's inconvenient

petrol send me ur IP
[account deactivated]

germanjoey posted:

Crow posted:

germanjoey posted:

oh man, i went to restart the server via a web ssh client today and someone started sharing the terminal and chatting with me lmao. guess we'll find out if $HOME gets -rm -rfed later today

i didnt understand what this meant at first, did someone hack this place and want to chat wit hyou? yolo

im not really sure what happened. basically, i was using a webssh service (ssh in your web browser; gotta use it to get around my work's firewall) to restart the server when it went down today while i was at work. while i was using it, someone started typing to me as if they were controlling the same shell, like "hallloo, hi hi." i quickly exited and then changed the password using a different, less convenient service. i then changed it a third time when i got home.

i set up the crontab to restart the server ever half hour, but i still cant get this profiler to work. it just does nothing.

maybe they knew how to fix te bad gateways

thx though the site is way faster on this new server and with chronjob it will never be down for long

Edited by ilmdge ()

tpaine posted:

Me Crontab. Me make-em new server, smash old bugs, goood gateway. Goood

ahahahahaha
thats what you want in a site, for it to be occasionally down for thirty five minutes of every hour while waiting for the FUCKING SERVER TO UNFUCK ITSELF. HOLY SHIT. FIX SEARCH YOU UNBRIDLED FUCKERS
taryn on my the new password: "is this normal? that's so weird. and awful."
[account deactivated]
i feel like the term server isn't very class conscious can we use another term

shermanstick posted:

i feel like the term server isn't very class conscious can we use another term

digital waitress.

how about digitalwaitstaff, to be nongendered about it
glad to see youre applying the same level of ingenuity to the problem as me disconnecting my battery every time i park so my lights dont come on automatically and drain my truck dead
Had a bad gateway for about 5 seconds there.
i thought i had a bad gateway yesterday but it turns out i undercooked the bacon
There are no bad gateways, only bad fucker dickhead asshole jerks

discipline posted:

I meant the fact someone was chatting with you in the server lol

yeah it was pretty freaky lol

Superabound posted:

glad to see youre applying the same level of ingenuity to the problem as me disconnecting my battery every time i park so my lights dont come on automatically and drain my truck dead

its all about the path of least possible effort

just like an electric circuit

whoa I didn't know about webssh thx joey

discipline posted:

I meant the fact someone was chatting with you in the server lol

that was me. i am the person referenced itp (in that post)

Thank you Joey for knowing what these technical things mean. People act surprised when I don’t know the first thing about IT problems and I’m like “I love the internet I fucking hate computers”

Keep on hacking those mainframes
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

animedad posted:

No forearm spin pointing, still upvoted

animedad posted:

i am in love now

[account deactivated]

germanjoey posted:

its all about the path of least possible effort

just like an electric circuit

just like my

Just hazarding a guess. The person writing to your console might have been using the unix "write" command. It allows you to write messages on another user's console.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write_(Unix)

If this is the case, probably just another user on your shared host entertaining himself. I knew a guy who used to write ascii art to people, which freaked them out a bit.

You can disable it with "mesg n".

Also: did you ever disable that DEBUG flag?
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
ummm petrol's ecrimes were solely respoonsible for dooming occupy adeliade to obscurity. is this the sort of person who should be admin for the next-most promising leftist presnece on the web??
oi mates ill have your 'ebsite fixed up faster then a boong in a petrol station (into walkie talkie) i have the access codes mr president. the threat to your reign will be neutralised
[account deactivated]

corey posted:

oi mates ill have your 'ebsite fixed up faster then a boong in a petrol station (into walkie talkie) i have the access codes mr president. the threat to your reign will be neutralised

what did Petrol do to Occupy Adelaide

post more tpaine

moar
*more
[account deactivated]
nm

tpaine posted:

post more what

more proust and/or morrissey commentary

tpaine posted:

The Ass Menagerie...I invest the future of the Rhizzone in YOU!!