The reason why bombing Japan was unnecessary was because it wasn't, it had little effect on the diplomatic outcome given that Japan had virtually no oil left and couldn't fight.
[account deactivated]

Crow posted:

Dont worry I escaped

Is this real

Crow posted:

Dont worry I escaped

look at that mindless animal run about on the highway idiotically- and the dog's pretty funny, too!!

[account deactivated]

Keven posted:

Crow posted:

Dont worry I escaped

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SNNLISMBl5U/UW1oySNBqXI/AAAAAAAA1cw/BI1AsrL9R3g/s1600/Chase.gif

Is this real

yes. and ironically enough, the dogs name is "Yakety Sax" (tru story)

shriekingviolet posted:

The US negotiators drove them off by insisting on completely ridiculous terms of surrender.

"completely ridiculous terms of surrender"

anyway don't worry guys, the soul is immortal, everyone dies and is reborn in turn, nothing was broken for good, given enough time the whole scenario will play out again in a thousand different ways.

it was important to demonstrate the might of the Empire and our willingness to use it. haven't you guys seen Star Wars???
remember when the people killed by nukes were about half korean slaves targeted to 'halt the japanese war machine' or whatever the fuck
20,000 koreans were killed in the first atomic blast, another 2,000 in nagasaki
political and gender demographics for support of the use of nuclear weapons against japan

Reminder that goons and redditors have such major hard-ons for nuclear power while ignoring that Europe gives it's nuclear waste to Italian crime syndicates to dump in Africa as well as the mutant babies born on Navajo reservations because of the Uranium mining.

MadMedico posted:

Reminder that goons and redditors have such major hard-ons for nuclear power while ignoring that Europe gives it's nuclear waste to Italian crime syndicates to dump in Africa as well as the mutant babies born on Navajo reservations because of the Uranium mining.

"better than coal." - future camp labourer

MadMedico the deaths, injury, etc. from coal and petroleum mining and emissions exceed those from uranium mining and nuclear waste disposal by several orders of magnitude. The amount of radioactive material coal fired power plants deposit on North America probably exceeds the total nuclear waste dumped in oceans.

Lykourgos posted:

anyway don't worry guys, the soul is immortal, everyone dies and is reborn in turn, nothing was broken for good, given enough time the whole scenario will play out again in a thousand different ways.

thats what youre not understanding. the horror of the Bomb isnt that it obliterates your body. it obliterates the soul

MadMedico posted:

theyre right

nuclear power is for rationality dorks who don't understand economics and rely on smug gotcha's

1) they have no way to deal with waste and if its used on a mass scale it would run out anyway plus when the main reason their are not accidents is that it isnt utilized anywhere but the super safe west and even then we do it on a tiny scale

2) plus the coal/nuclear dork GOTCHA is based on wank about the environmental leaking of radiation onto the environment around a coal plant rather then about the actual waste which is the ACTUAL important bit about nuclear power

3) it also costs a kajillion to setup a plant because of that never mind the massive capital required to setup nucleur power + the redonkulous levels of skilled labor you need + the more skilled mining required + the transportation costs

at least pretend you have read more about a topic then trite internet wank if your going to smugly assert one of the key components of the big dork list of internet rationality truths

the only fact is: energy use will have to be scaled back because energy production will have to be because shifting away from heat based engines requires a loss of energy productivity and all reneweables are necessarily small scale so we should focus at least on energy efficiency so we can make that switch rather then complaining about STUPID HIPPIES NOT UNDERSTANDING MY TECHNOLOGY FANTASY P.S WHEN DO I GET TO LIVE ON A SPACE STATION EVERYONE WILL RESPECT ME THERE
you literally know nothing about what you're talking about, Soviet Friends. At least you followed your own advice and pretended to have read about the topic
Anarcho capitalism is a fascinating topic. The retarded teenaged bullshit like an "assassination market" especially.
I'm reading Pablo Neruda's Memoirs. Here's a thing about ANCAP

Edited by ArisVelouchiotis ()

There were anarcho capitalists before 1950?

antonymous posted:

you literally know nothing about what you're talking about, Soviet Friends. At least you followed your own advice and pretended to have read about the topic

send me lots of articles if you want (here or pm)

i only changed my position about a yearish ago doing research on steady state capitalism and found minqi li's stuff on nuclear power really persuasive (mostly cos it seemed super well rooted in science and economics)

p.s. send me anything on renewable scaling up if you can as well

Edited by SovietFriends ()

I hope you're trolling because this is seriously dumb as shit, even for me.

mustang19 posted:

I hope you're trolling because this is seriously dumb as shit, even for me.

nah i am for sure not into nuclear power despite the fact it is low carbon because i dont think low carbon is all that matters and it wouldnt work at large

its not as if its some ridiculous position its a contentious position among ecological lark including among marxist writers

that is something i decided on because i read stuff when doing research on the economics of climate change when reading marxist green economics

the bits i read were written with the knowledge that nuclear power is low carbon and that coal causes more radioactivity yet they still took that position because of other considerations

as i said fair play if they are wrong i am not an energy scientist by any shape of measure but the position i read was seemingly rooted in scientific positions (multiple in fact) so it wasn't some green ramblings

like their is a reason why nuclear power isn't accepted by all greens including loads of green marxists when they are arguing for how capitalism fits in with ecological contradictions?

its not just that everyone who doesn't like it is secretly missing our on the facts that lead people on something awful to fawn after it all the time

like their is a reason why nuclear power isn't accepted by all greens including loads of green marxists when they are arguing for how capitalism fits in with ecological contradictions?

Everyone already agrees with you, there's no need to fight ultraleftist trolls.

The Soviet Union stands for prohibiting the atomic weapon and terminating the production of the atomic weapon. The Soviet Union stands for the establishment of international control over the fully exact and conscientious implementation of the decision to prohibit the atomic weapon, to terminate the production of the atomic weapon and utilize the already produced atom bombs solely for civilian purposes.

- Stalin

Also global warming is overrated and is a bourgeois/liberal notion. Notice all the people who care about it are trots. Would you tell the DPRK to cut its carbon emissions?

Capitalism, liberalism, communism, and homosexuality are all sides of the same four-sided cube.

Edited by mustang19 ()

nuclear power got its bad rap in early 2000 due to shrub

maybe if monkey said it correctly (hint its nu-cle-ar NOT nu-cu-lar) we wouldn't be in this fucking mess right now
How about we repeat the thread we had on /pol/, where I cornered some stupid liberal for supporting feminist cultural imperialism and he played the "B-b-but... Muslim Brotherhood!" card.

PS if you didn't get it, the Muslim Brotherhood is full of moderates that don't want the Koran as the sole source of legislation.

In other news I'm both the far right and far left agree that "anti-racist = anti-white". Obviously it's in the material interest of the white race to support racism just as slavery was pro-white. There's a lot of value in understanding just how badly liberalism has warped social perception.

Edited by mustang19 ()

I'm glad you post on /pol/ mustang. More people should post on /pol/.
I haven't for a while, Rhizzone is actually a lot more tolerant of Muslim Supremacism.

mustang19 posted:

Capitalism, liberalism, communism, and homosexuality are all sides of the same four-sided cube.

four-sided cube... what is this? i dont evne

speaking of /pol/ do you know why odh0 stopped posting. i just assume he's busy w/ aerospace engineering and forgot about posting in the politics forum of a drug imageboard, but you never know. his posts about decentralized planning and the political climate in russia were Fascinating

also the paultards are dead and resi the quebecois neonazi stopped posting but it still sucks
He was the most mature and intelligent poster /pol/ will ever have, by far. He was one of the few people who engaged in debate and supported his points. Hopefully he's in North Korea now implementing his social reforms.
anti-nuclear sentiment owns because i work in oil&gas
im antinuclear. plum pudding model ftw
maybe nuclear power is stupid or maybe it isn't but lol in your fat doughy face if you trust multinational corporations to build and operate nuclear plants safely and responsibly
shinra power co: this plant is safe and we're running it safely
captured regulatory agency: ok cool carry on

slumlord posted:

maybe nuclear power is stupid or maybe it isn't but lol in your fat doughy face if you trust multinational corporations to build and operate nuclear plants safely and responsibly

i agree and this is why i support locally-sourced backyard heirloom reactors

liberal environmentalism dot jpeg

slumlord posted:

liberal environmentalism dot jpeg

do you think they try to reason with beavers and then start harassing them when they can't break through to them?