white ppl own (everything lol)
honky
i like white people
white people: vi lenin, jacques lacan, jean-luc godard
non-white people: deepak chopra, suharto, condaleezza rice
Robert De Niro, Bela Lugosi, Snuffleupagus and Parker Posey

Skylark posted:

Fucking white people!

let me guess. another loud mouthed disrespectful urban hood rat that seeks to defile our sanctuary at the rhizzone. well 'sistah', gtfo. white people only

i remembered why i stopped talking about politics irl when last night i had a few tequilas in me and somebody was like hey goatstein what do you think about this benghazi thing and i said i dunno maybe the PROLETARIAT should own the MEANS OF PRODUCTION??
generally whenever i hear anyone talking about anything related to politics anymore i feel like a wizard sent me back in time to 1840 and i hear people talking about the level of necessary corn tariffs or the muckraking in the election between congressman beauregard and tom havershire and i'm like, who cares about this stupid crap we should free the slaves and stop killing all the indians, and they chimp out and accuse me of Troll-ing
Whig Said a Thing MEGATHREAD
horse race politics are fun as hell because it's an enormous spectacle in which all the characters are these hideous grinning psychopaths and you get to pick a team and watch them fight
horse race politics are really funny in retrospect. the most human outrage i've ever seen was back in 2008 when i was caucusing for barry soetoro in nevada and when we walked to our big meeting room there were a bunch of hillary supporters who were screaming slogans and waving signs at us like we were negroes trying to take our white gay dates to the prom in 1967 Tuscaloosa, except that we were all shouting slogans at them too. of course their policies turned out to be absolutely identical and she was hired for the top position in his cabinet, and jesus
or john kerry. remember that guy? the guy whose iraq plan was to stay in there indefinitely because If You Break It, You Bought It? jesus i voted for that guy
[account deactivated]
the sublime beauty of the human species is beyond compare. god bless us, every one.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
For all the talk about Massachusetts being racist and there's a lot of truth in it this is the only state where the white ppl vote Democrat despite there being minorities around. Most dem states are either chock full of minorities overwhelming the shittiness of whites or lily white enough that they're not motivated at the polls by loathing
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

I voted for john kerry because I was 19. it was a pretty good move for where I was in my political development. bush was doing a campaign stop in jacksonville in october and me and about 10 other people were protesting outside of the football stadium they packed with bloodthirsty fascists. when he was done riling them up the cops unleashed a crowd of about 20,000 on us and it was pretty brutal, I think that's probably what radicalized me on the onset (before the election itself, which radicalized me for sure). I remember people screaming and kicking/punching/spitting on me and other people even a child and thinking jesus, these people might be doctors or teachers or something.

there was this one day I was protesting bush after that election in the rain and this one dude tried to spin a bunch of mud on us with his pickup truck, then he got stuck instead and when he tried to get out (his pal was helping him) he just sprayed mud all over his friend and that was cool. but in jacksonville in those days, if you protested bush, you were treated like the westboro baptist church or something

ᶘ ͡° ᴥ ͡°ᶅ

posting in the comments on local news sites' weekly local burnout dies in the middle east story that maybe they got what was coming to them has yet to lose its entertainment value

the iraq war made me into a liberal and i cheered for john kerry. i also listened a lot to the speech made by state senator barack obama that he made to the DNC because i thought he was the future of liberalism. to be fair though within two or three years after that i was posting for troopdeath and maoism. fortunately i've moderated and become more reasonable as i age, now i'd consider myself conservative on fiscal issues but liberal on social issues. i've got a column on salon.
i might be going to Tallahassee for like 3 weeks for work. I'm gonna die lol

getfiscal posted:

the iraq war made me into a liberal and i cheered for john kerry. i also listened a lot to the speech made by state senator barack obama that he made to the DNC because i thought he was the future of liberalism. to be fair though within two or three years after that i was posting for troopdeath and maoism. fortunately i've moderated and become more reasonable as i age, now i'd consider myself conservative on fiscal issues but liberal on social issues. i've got a column on salon.

giving up and accepting the status quo ftw

btw where did this sig banner come from, i just took it, was there a post in a thread about it or did we all just quietly put it in our sigs without comment

pretty proud of this image

animedad posted:

i might be going to Tallahassee for like 3 weeks for work. I'm gonna die lol

This is how i wanna die (big file no 56k)

one of the many reasons dating websites will never work for me is that i wish they were extremely specific with ethnicity/nationality/political line. like okay i'll go the extra mile and take a bus trip to boston if i can find a russian hoxhaist.

Goethestein posted:

horse race politics are really funny in retrospect. the most human outrage i've ever seen was back in 2008 when i was caucusing for barry soetoro in nevada and when we walked to our big meeting room there were a bunch of hillary supporters who were screaming slogans and waving signs at us like we were negroes trying to take our white gay dates to the prom in 1967 Tuscaloosa, except that we were all shouting slogans at them too. of course their policies turned out to be absolutely identical and she was hired for the top position in his cabinet, and jesus

remember 2008 election lf when a bunch of hillary supporters were saying they'd vote for mccain over obama and one poster did some statistics analysis or w/e on female democrat voters and the widespread conclusion was FUCKIN WOMEN ARE GOING TO RUIN THIS ELECTION FOR EVERYONE lmao

women did ruin things. and men, even moreso.
Thin privilege is being able to see people of your own body type in Les Miserables.

Like, really. It’s my favorite musical, but there was not one single even remotely overweight person in the whole movie.
i know laughing at tumblr is passée or whatever but look @ this shit http://youarefuckingmajestic.tumblr.com/ pure ideology