jools posted:

i mean no one says "ohh the food was so bad" about maoist china do they. because chinese food is delicious, and russian food is filling at best.

i mean i like turnips too but i've never considered them a complete diet.

russians pickle everything and their food is fucking great

jools posted:

chinese food is delicious

you've never had real chinese eh?

i think the problem is that the russians expected bourgeois food "quality" (too much pretentious euro influence). Whereas, in maoist china they rightfully disregarded taste-preference as a bourgeois construct.

codywilson posted:

jools posted:

chinese food is delicious

you've never had real chinese eh?

i think the problem is that the russians expected bourgeois food "quality" (too much pretentious euro influence). Whereas, in maoist china they rightfully disregarded taste-preference as a bourgeois construct.

what do you mean "real chinese"

also the chinese pickle everything, but better
i mean authentic chinese food: bland chicken bone-water and white rice, or excessively salty sewer fish. Do you think maoists are chowing down on some general tsos or something?
Chinese love KFC
ergo, America makes the best food
as everyone now knows, we make the food best able to fool human physiology into thinking it's its best chance for survival

codywilson posted:

i mean authentic chinese food: bland chicken bone-water and white rice, or excessively salty sewer fish. Do you think maoists are chowing down on some general tsos or something?

that stuff is exactly what i had in mind though. it's much better than shchi and badly pickled fish

you can make a million things with kvass
mostly burps and farts though
but no i will grant you kvass, homebrew kvass is really good
yes, in the sense of "delicious" as appropriately physiologically sufficient and ideologically reconcilable, I would agree that the food is definitely delicious and preferable over russia.

more first worlders should subsist on white rice and chicken cartilage and we might progress towards the revolution
there is Coca Cola kvass now lol
chinese cooking techniques are objectively the most advanced in the world, even in the most basic homestyle chinese cuisine
a russian ex's grandma told me how they used to wheel around the kvass barrel in the cities on holidays and at the end of the trip they had to clean out the maggots at the bottom

codywilson posted:

yes, in the sense of "delicious" as appropriately physiologically sufficient and ideologically reconcilable, I would agree that the food is definitely delicious and preferable over russia.

more first worlders should subsist on white rice and chicken cartilage and we might progress towards the revolution

i already do. if you don't find it actually delicious you're probably just bad at cooking, i'm sorry

crude populist maoist deviationism itt
the notion of "delicious" must be defeated though. That's the kind of bourgeois consumerist construct that capitalism uses to control and destroy. Taste preference was surely a useful and necessary evolutionary trait, but now we must reject it back to it's evolutionarily appropriate role (in rooting out poisonous/spoiled food etc) while also attacking it's consumerist first world adoration.

codywilson posted:

the notion of "delicious" must be defeated though. That's the kind of bourgeois consumerist construct that capitalism uses to control and destroy. Taste preference was surely a useful and necessary evolutionary trait, but now we must reject it back to it's evolutionarily appropriate role (in rooting out poisonous/spoiled food etc) while also attacking it's consumerist first world adoration.

this has already been commodified comrade

when i was in china i ate a lot of western food and when people bugged me about it i did the reality show "i'm not here to make friends" thing and said food is food. now that's proletarian.
russian cuisine is the bastard child of germano-baltic rotten fish enthusiasts and northeast asians too busy riding horses to develop a food culture worthy of the name. it's telling that the one vegetable probably first domesticated in britain, the cabbage, has such a central place in it.

codywilson posted:

you're talking nonsense i'm afraid

brits have strong opinions about food because of fish and chips
http://www.projectbritain.com/topics/index.htm
Its cool when the masks come down at the 'zone and we start reviewing national cuisines.
yes. the chinese eat fried fish too. russians can't i guess because it would overwhelm their atrophied pleasure centres and cause them to die immediately or something. instead they ensure the fish they eat is pickled, dried, or smoked over birch to really get that medicinal smoky flavour.
brits have some of the worst food imaginable, hth

wasted posted:

http://www.projectbritain.com/topics/index.htm

this makes it pretty clear that if any country needs a great proletarian cultural revolution, it's mine.

also the worst food/drink made anywhere in the world is airag hth

jools posted:

i mean no one says "ohh the food was so bad" about maoist china do they. because chinese food is delicious, and russian food is filling at best.

do you know what is the russian national dish?

Spoiler!

[account deactivated]
one of paul krugman's earliest NYT columns depended on the objective shittiness of british food

jools posted:

i say it fucker

you don't say anything about any type of food other than "give me more of it"
of course british food is terrible - real subsumption has existed in britain 50-100 years longer than most other countries. processed food has dominated the diet for much longer as a result. russia is probably the only country though where the process of real subsumption actually improved the cuisine
krugman blamed british food on WWII rationing

codywilson posted:

there's nothing bland about real chinese food my ninja. it makes me pretty mad that everyone is just letting you get away with it like you're not wrong okay

[account deactivated]