haha what did they have to say about unions

discipline posted:

I was working for the economist

thanks for all the good press for my demonic employers
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
did you go norma rae on them
I hope you will do the same when Richard Trumka speaks at the next AIPAC meeting
tell us more about working at the economist, my uncle's favorite magazine (he was a communist party member and still considers himself one, and yet somehow he has no problem slogging through after editorial after editorial calling for privatization), discipline

discipline posted:

it was like some kung fu movie I swear to god

drunken master

discipline posted:

it was really an epic last day on the job when I was attacked on all sides regarding unions and competition and it was like some kung fu movie I swear to god

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i met some dude in a bar who got a masters at brown for comp. lit. in the 80s and now he works for mother jones in sf, had a cool dog named richard brinsley sheridan and he bought me a beer, so there's hope folks in finding a job at a lame center-left magazine with your useless degree by at least the time you're 50.
the economist pwns because everyone there writes like they're 55 but theyre actually 22.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

discipline posted:

it was like some kung fu movie I swear to god

drunken master

double aught master

forbes > economist sry disc

discipline posted:

they took me out to lunch today as a gesture of niceness and then proceeded to blast unions for about a half hour. I owned all of them. I trounced them without fear. When I got back to the office, my boss told me they'd replaced my position already.

and then everyone started clapping

discipline posted:

it was really an epic last day on the job when I was attacked on all sides regarding unions and competition and it was like some kung fu movie I swear to god

like the obama goon at the bbq

lol i forgot khamsek didn't want to say where she worked on here or whatever and i thought everyone knew she was talking about the economist the whole time but i realize not
[account deactivated]
I assumed it was Juggs

discipline posted:

was it like kung fu... panda? :ziz:

[account deactivated]
i assumed it was Seventeen
Ranger Rick, obvi
i dont know anything abotu anyone

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

lol i forgot khamsek didn't want to say where she worked on here or whatever and i thought everyone knew she was talking about the economist the whole time but i realize not

Wow, you were like the first to know. Props

i forget that ppl here are what, early 20s and are way into being poor
nah most of them are late 20s lol. im not tho.

ilmdge posted:

Wow, you were like the first to know. Props

hahhaha yeah. why do all of you people turn posts into a pissing contest i was just saying it's weird that i knew she was taking about working for The Economist, my Dad's only subscription magazine, but i realized she was intentionally not talking about it

That IS weird.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

why do all of you people turn posts into a pissing contest

anime tumblr Marxist