EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

lol i forgot khamsek didn't want to say where she worked on here or whatever and i thought everyone knew she was talking about the economist the whole time but i realize not

she didnt? how come i knew im just some random lurker. i also thought everyone knew. small world.

slumlord posted:

i assumed it was Seventeen

actual footage of khamsek posting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMT-dd8Ll6g

discipline posted:

it was really an epic last day on the job when I was attacked on all sides regarding unions and competition and it was like some kung fu movie I swear to god

yeah you're delusional with the persecution complex and all

So what are the people at the Economist like? You said they're not all fresh college grads--are a lot of the writers much older? Are they as undeservedly full of themselves as they seem?
Yeah I read that exile article or maybe another one that talked about how shockingly young all the writers were, the impression I had is that it's like a young apologist class first job before a career as a writer defending interventionism and the IMF or something.
Plus the way they write combined with their implied age allowed me to imagine them all as precocious undergrads who use words that, in the immortal words of j dolan, "should be a felony for anyone under eighty"
they write like english ppl you mean?