http://imgur.com/a/w5zxP nws
as long as the animals gave consent
it looks bad because its industrial but like.. it's only like a few pigs and cows and chickens per person a year, right, at most? i mean i can live with that. i'll sign the form that says i'm responsible for a few deaths a year. maybe put me down for an african kid too so i can have my phone.
Hmph. whatever...

cemetery posted:

my favorite question to make carnivores chimp out is by what consistent standard they are so opposed to raping animals

humans>non-human animals

Dusz posted:

humans>non-human animals

Dusz posted:

humans>non-human animals

me > you, but does that give me the right to kill you? no, my right to kill you exists a priori of our relative value.

i think vegetarianism is the future but only because the future will probably make tumblr blogs look like a klan meeting. just hurt feelings and problematic discourse forever.
*clears throat* http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2419277,00.asp
meat is murder, the murder of latin american unionizers and land reform promoters, the murder of undocumented slaughterhouse workers, the murder of americans from heart disease and bowel cancer, the murder of all people from the massive pollution the animal manufacturer creates

Superabound posted:

*clears throat* http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2419277,00.asp

I have to admit this is a big improvement over 2d printed food which does NOT taste like food

That's all well and good, ghettostewie72, but what do those countries have to do with this argument? You are aware that true veganism has never been implemented throughout history, right?

swampman posted:

meat is murder, the murder of latin american unionizers and land reform promoters, the murder of undocumented slaughterhouse workers, the murder of americans from heart disease and bowel cancer, the murder of all people from the massive pollution the animal manufacturer creates

thankfully the American Agriculture industry is free from all these problematic moral meat dilemmas *eats handfulls of dried Monsanto corm from a migrant workers skull*
and its murder on YOU, the tubby one eating it. You honestly think its a good idea to run a barbecue indoors overnight while you sleep so you can wake up to briscuit? Do you HONESTLY think its good for you to eat whole deli rounds like an otter pop? Do you, seriously and truly think, it's healthy to use pepperoni slices as undereye wrinkle reducers, again while you sleep? And can you say with certainty, that it exalts your body which is, maybe not your temple - your ziggurat - to hide, as you claim, "for later," all those disgusting shrinkwrapped porterhouses you get in the mail underneath - well it used to be a futon, now it's a loft bed - ???
hahaha yeah let's all get healthy. extend our time on this planet. really want to grind out a good extra decade or two posting on the rhizzone just to praise the latest spree shooter or whatever. thank god for life.
Halal butchery is disgusting, yes, it should be banned.
Mmm this halal beef is so much better than your trashy american supermarket beef. I can taste all the exotic flavors of animal death, plus I like saying the word 'halal' in public because it freaks the ignorant islamophobes haha
[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

cemetery posted:

my favorite question to make carnivores chimp out is by what consistent standard they are so opposed to raping animals

it's fucking disgusting and a sign of mental illness?

historically, protein deprivation is one of the main methods by which cults make their victims more docile and open to suggestion. Liberalism is no different

elemennop posted:

Goethestein posted:

cemetery posted:

try telling that to these bros:

Veganism is super expensive and causes iron defenciency. how do you deal with this Goat
meat doesn't actually contain any protein.

Goethestein posted:

cemetery posted:

because that would be insane

elemennop posted:

Goethestein posted:

cemetery posted:

whoops i replied before i saw this. yea this

animedad posted:

Veganism is super expensive and causes iron defenciency. how do you deal with this Goat

it's probably only expensive if you buy $20 vegan replacement cheese and also insist all your food be gluten-free low-carb and free of all chemical toxins, i.e., only shop at the health food store.

i'm pretty sure goat isn't a vegan anyway. it's not really any more expensive to be vegetarian than normal

Lessons posted:

animedad posted:

it's probably only expensive if you buy $20 vegan replacement cheese and also insist all your food be gluten-free low-carb and free of all chemical toxins, i.e., only shop at the health food store.

yes, but if you don't do that, how could you possibly lift while on a vegan diet?

elemennop posted:

Lessons posted:

animedad posted:

yes, but if you don't do that, how could you possibly lift while on a vegan diet?

i know this is a joke but you can just eat vegetables and legumes high in protein and lots of regular tofu, etc., instead of super-processed tofu products taht still don't taste like real cheese or beef or whatever

Edited by Lessons ()

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if vegans were slightly overrepresented in bodybuilding

Lessons posted:

elemennop posted:

Lessons posted:

animedad posted:

i know this is a joke but you can just eat vegetables and legumes high in protein and lots of regular tofu, etc., instead of super-processed tofu products taht still don't taste like real cheese or beef or whatever

even for non-professional lifters, the recommendation is like 1 to 1.2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight. so, if you were 180lbs you need to eat 9 cups of tofu a day, at least.

Lessons posted:

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if vegans were slightly overrepresented in bodybuilding

it's possible at the amateur level, but considering the professional level is basically a death machine of testostrone, trt, and basically turning your own body into a chemistry experiment, i doubt it. that being said, i'm completely uninterested in bodybuilding.

but nazbro would know a lot more than me about this
[account deactivated]
the tofu i have in my fridge has 9 grams of protein per 3 oz 80 calorie serving, with 4.5 serving per box. you'd need to eat like 6 of them a day to get enough protein, which is like... highly doable with room to spare. and there's probably better tofu for protein content, you can supplement with other stuff, etc. anyway there are definitely vegan bodybuilders at the professional level

tpaine posted:

elemennop posted:

that being said, i'm completely uninterested in bodybuilding.

we can tell. *pulls shades up and looks you up and down*

i never said bodybuilding wasn't interested in me!

Lessons posted:

i know this is a joke but you can just eat vegetables and legumes high in protein and lots of regular tofu,

lol enjoy your plant estrogens, mooblord

[account deactivated]
i proud of my gynecomastia, hypogonadism and IBS