OK so war in Syria is actually gonna be like a whole thing. Can we sticky this and make it the comprehensive resource for deciding whether we support Assad or blah blah pragmatic answer etc... It's actually hard to find genuinely good coverage on stuff that isn't either some doctorate student writing what his professors want him to say on a blog or some leftist making up their own amateur position based on their reading of some mainstream media or a couple blog posts, whatever.

Anyways I can edit in content ppl post. Put up all the good blogs and links. TIA.
[account deactivated]
The Lion Assad,
Wise words from the 'ssad.
first

swirlsofhistory posted:

Wise words from the 'ssad.

my view on this is that it could turn into world war 3, and as we all know launching a world war during these austere times would be a great boost for our manufacturing sector and also to our national wellbeing
They have sw33t gunz, tis sure to be epic. That's all I know op.
so 2011. is syria still a thing? #howlongmusticare #srynotsry #comeonitsontheothersideoftheworld
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a Lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.
______________\
All the liberals I know support the rebels. I think that means i should support Assad
the north star is a CIA front
`mr assyria has a funny square head
He sucked a pecker
the big debate in the uk atm is about whether we should provide arms to the al-Nusrah Front Free Syria Army

there was no big debate about whether we should provide armored trucks and body armour to them, we just went ahead and did it. this is progress!
this is because the uk and france are gibbering loons, the usa is quite sane relatively speaking
were literalyy saying we only want to help the good insurgents and not the bad insurgents, im surprised dave c isnt using sock puppets and scary voices at this point
on the other hand flying rodent started blogging again, the worst thing about peace was that he wasnt angry/upset enough to write

david camerons face lol
hahhahaha
i can't ever stay mad at putin. epikkk troll capabilities have always made me really like the guy despite whatever else his gov't does

e:

The Russian leader, who arrived an hour late for the talks, said he wanted to help broker a peace deal for Syria, and he hoped the G8 summit in Northern Ireland could advance that process.

~ month earlier:

John Kerry Heads to Russia for Syria Talks

It was Mr Kerry's first trip to Russia as US Secretary of State and he was kept waiting for three hours by Russian President Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin.

Edited by prikryl ()

Putin: Did you see that one youtube?
Cameron: It was ffully sick.
Putin: Yeah. It was brutal, how do you say, I, I am the law.
Cameron: I am the law.
Putin: I am the law.
Cameron: I am the law. haha.
Putin: Lmao. Anyway.
is it the wahhabist goal to deterritorialize syria and open it up to saudi capital flows? destroying whatever social and religious structures exist to cover damascus with skyscrapers built by pakistanis?

stegosaurus posted:

Justice Kennedy: sentencing inmates to life without parole seemed, quote, "way more brutal because it's like they're on some kind of prison colony planet in the future where they just have to fight for the rest of their lives."

libelous_slander posted:

stegosaurus posted:

Justice Kennedy: sentencing inmates to life without parole seemed, quote, "way more brutal because it's like they're on some kind of prison colony planet in the future where they just have to fight for the rest of their lives."

lol

the lion ASSAD
putin is disgusting however

Noosphere posted:

is it the wahhabist goal to deterritorialize syria and open it up to saudi capital flows? destroying whatever social and religious structures exist to cover damascus with skyscrapers built by pakistanis?

http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/research/files/reports/2010/8/05%20arab%20opinion%20poll%20telhami/0805_arabic_opinion_poll_telhami.pdf

daddyholes posted:

putin is disgusting however

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/17/us-g-idUSBRE95F0JK20130617

Both leaders looked tense and uncomfortable as they addressed reporters after about two hours of talks, with Putin staring mostly at the floor as he spoke about Syria and Obama only glancing occasionally at the Russian leader.

"Our positions do not fully coincide, but we are united by the common intention to end the violence, to stop the number of victims increasing in Syria, to resolve the problems by peaceful means, including the Geneva talks," Putin said in a slow, half-awake monotone, occasionally drifting off.

"We agreed to push the process of peace talks and encourage the parties to sit down at the negotiation table, organize the talks in Geneva," said the Russian President, as he continued think about of spending a few hours off playing with his dogs at his dacha, completely uninterested at the utterly pointless proceedings going on around him.

Obama tried to lighten the mood at the end of the talks by bringing up the subject of judo, but Putin, a black belt in the martial art, parried by saying the U.S. president was just trying to get him to relax.

"We compared notes on President Putin's expertise in judo and my declining skills in basketball," Obama said. "We both agreed that as we get older, it takes more time to recover."

Putin replied coldly: "The president wants to relax with his statement of age."

haha yase two capitalists 'disagree'

daddyholes posted:

haha yase two capitalists 'disagree'

who the fuck cares about What's Going On With KKKapitalism when watching global leaders troll, these people are completley fucking irrelevant to the processes, it's amusing

fairly amusing, whilst methinks
I mean did you even fucking see Davod Cameron's face, did you even fucking see it
similarly theres nothing more entertainign than when the Democrats and the Republicans go at it, we need a bunch of posts & threads about it

daddyholes posted:

similarly theres nothing more entertainign than when the Democrats and the Republicans go at it, we need a bunch of posts & threads about it

http://i.imgur.com/YQuizfu.gif

ill make the website (its d&D)

daddyholes posted:

ill make the website (its d&D)

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/topic/2257/