I just don't get the steampunk thing - Dog Henwood, supposed leftist link

Beethoven piano sonatas are also great make-out music - Dough Henwood, supposed leftist link

Taco Bell is a crime against cuisine. - "Dumb" Henwood, supposed leftrist link

I have enough money to purchase my own adult diapers - Doug "Bourgier than Thou" Henwood-Rockefeller link
"Yum yum, very nice"
-dougie h on the sociology of Melissa gira grant
so, is this where it's happening finally. the henwooddammerung.
goetterdougerung
im reading wall street right now
About two and a half pounds

daddyholes posted:

me too actually. i rmemebr there was an argument on here about if people should actually try to understand wall street or if understanding it would even help?? anyway i decided yes i would like to try at least and ordered the book

more like soviet space doug lessons henwood

piss posted:

daddyholes posted:

me too actually. i rmemebr there was an argument on here about if people should actually try to understand wall street or if understanding it would even help?? anyway i decided yes i would like to try at least and ordered the book

understanding it doesnt help make anything better, it is an act of pure liberal individualism, but it makes me feel better at least

could everyone please stop posting about random names of people i haven't heard of and their hypocrisies and such, it's like hearing gossip from old school friends 'oh man have you heard what doug heywood is up to', who gives a shit?

'Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.' - Eleanor Roosenfeld
There’s no obvious button for orgasm, for instance. If Auto-Arouse is off, the only way to cum is to click squarely on the microscopically tiny white square at the top of the erection-size slider, which is very easy to miss in the heat of sexual excitement, resulting in a frustrating inability to climax when desired. Also, the ejaculation animations in my Xcite were surprisingly crude and unappealing. Either monstrous globs of white haze come out, or a pitifully feeble white spray of particles. My old Realasm was much better at ejaculating than this. Force and quantity of ejaculate are not adjustable in the Xcite.
honestly if youre gonna crit dougie fresh crit his TARP support

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

could everyone please stop posting about random names of people i haven't heard of and their hypocrisies and such, it's like hearing gossip from old school friends 'oh man have you heard what doug heywood is up to', who gives a shit?

'Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.' - Eleanor Roosenfeld

marxism is an idea, and yet...

"i'm a fuckshit." -bippy
pop a molly im gruntin, ERNGH
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

I owned him on twitter once and his retort was that he had more followers than me. then he called another woman who backed me up old.

he was right haha

i sometimes read lbo newsto catch up on the latest dougthinks but i really cant take him seriously since i realised he was pro-pimp (non-rap meaning)
[account deactivated]
link please discipline
i'm sorry, but does anyone really buy this "owning on twitter" thing? i don't mean discipline specifically, but rather just the notion that one can somehow have a legitimate debate through 140 characters or whatever twitter allows.

honestly we shouldn't be encouraging any kind of serious discussion over twitter. such a limited allowance of space dumbs down and inconveniences the conversation. It's like talking purely through talking points or thought terminating cliches. It's almost orwellian in it's linguistic caricaturing of debate.

unless a twitter "own" comes about through rapid linking of supporting articles, so it's like an aggregation of sources or something. That might work, but even such an approach is misguided giving the inability to let sources stand on their own. Like, you can't just throw a bunch of quotations at someone; you have to interpret and explain their relevance. Often it's up to you as the debater to make sense of the accumulated sources and present them coherently, but again twitter's platform doesn't really allow for this kind of thorough presentation or dissemination of ideas.

you wanna write lengthy blog articles in response to each other? that sounds like an awesome idea. Wanna through 140 characters at each other really fast? Yeah, that sounds dumb and is probably a waste of time.

codywilson posted:

Wanna through 140 characters at each other really fast? Yeah, that sounds dumb and is probably a waste of time.

everything is a waste of time, mustang.

codywilson posted:

i'm sorry, but does anyone really buy this "owning on twitter" thing? i don't mean discipline specifically, but rather just the notion that one can somehow have a legitimate debate through 140 characters or whatever twitter allows.

honestly we shouldn't be encouraging any kind of serious discussion over twitter. such a limited allowance of space dumbs down and inconveniences the conversation. It's like talking purely through talking points or thought terminating cliches. It's almost orwellian in it's linguistic caricaturing of debate.

unless a twitter "own" comes about through rapid linking of supporting articles, so it's like an aggregation of sources or something. That might work, but even such an approach is misguided giving the inability to let sources stand on their own. Like, you can't just throw a bunch of quotations at someone; you have to interpret and explain their relevance. Often it's up to you as the debater to make sense of the accumulated sources and present them coherently, but again twitter's platform doesn't really allow for this kind of thorough presentation or dissemination of ideas.

you wanna write lengthy blog articles in response to each other? that sounds like an awesome idea. Wanna through 140 characters at each other really fast? Yeah, that sounds dumb and is probably a waste of time.

yeah i used to think that until i realized that theres no limit to the number of replies you can sent to the same tweet. u just sandbag them under a constant diarrhea stream of twitter ownage

codywilson posted:

lal check this guy whose never twowned someone

https://twitter.com/ManyfestoEditor/status/321424893331771393
ah, as I suspected, no actual discussion occurred.

i guess it takes skill to ownz people ideologically without having an actual conversation. when one becomes one with the ownz they can truly transcend the need for words, and one's mere existence becomes that of ownz. one becomes one with the stirring of the zen ownz as they meditate on an empty cup.

my cup is clearly overflowing as i have too many ownz presuppositions which must be poured out before i can embrace the fullness of the twitter ownz stirring my inward essence with the force of deer spirits as they hop through my rock garden.

codywilson posted:

ah, as I suspected, no actual discussion occurred.

i guess it takes skill to ownz people ideologically without having an actual conversation. when one becomes one with the ownz they can truly transcend the need for words, and one's mere existence becomes that of ownz. one becomes one with the stirring of the zen ownz as they meditate on an empty cup.

my cup is clearly overflowing as i have too many ownz presuppositions which must be poured out before i can embrace the fullness of the twitter ownz stirring my inward essence with the force of deer spirits as they hop through my rock garden.

didn't read

codywilson posted:

sup doug

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

cut out the yank quote and that's a top quality post. 10/10 please post in every thread

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Doug Henwood ‏@DougHenwood 9 Apr
@ManyfestoEditor You're not Doug Henwood. You're just some anonymous troll on the internet with a couple of hundred followers.

Donald Hughes ‏@donaldmontreal 9 Apr
@DougHenwood @ManyfestoEditor why do people troll anyways. what do they gain from it? so strange.
twitter is cool mostly because people are just far less likely to ignore you more than anything else. like i'm willing to take the hit of not being able to make SuBsTaNtIvE points or whatever (actually you can, www.twitlonger.com) there if i am damn sure that the pig poop balls picture will slide open on matt yglesias's computer screen at some point.
[account deactivated]

jools posted:

i am damn sure that the pig poop balls picture will slide open on matt yglesias's computer screen at some point.

real life confrontations are still cooler but what's a little ehorse semen pie to the face now and then, right chums? but rly aeveryone on here who is good at being haters on twitter, stay hating. i love it

Twitter's "Vine" service gives users up to seven seconds of video per post to express themselves, making it the ideal debate platform.