the point of monsters university is that these nice and decent characters are trying their best to get into prestigious positions in an industry that has already been established as corrupt and needlessly cruel. it's the perfect college movie

MadMedico posted:

Superabound posted:

the hidden moral of both Superman and The Matrix is that the only possible future is one where humanity is ruled and dominated by solar-powered nonhuman monstrosities

The robots in the matrix are powered by human body heat or something.

wouldnt burning food have been more thermodynamically efficient or something

littlegreenpills posted:

MadMedico posted:

Superabound posted:

the hidden moral of both Superman and The Matrix is that the only possible future is one where humanity is ruled and dominated by solar-powered nonhuman monstrosities

no

what if the matrix was powered by burnuing weed

ChairmanMao posted:

what if the matrix was powered by burnuing weed

i think, youll find, that, ultimately, it was

swampman posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

MadMedico posted:

Superabound posted:

no

why not if all they want is heat

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

why didn't they just build nuclear reactors

- a person who clearly does not understand the Matrix extended universe.

littlegreenpills posted:

swampman posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

MadMedico posted:

Superabound posted:

no

I dont think all they do want is heat. I think they want something else.

swampman posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

swampman posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

MadMedico posted:

Superabound posted:

no

I dont think all they do want is heat. I think they want something else.

I always assumed human brains were used as a server farm to run the Matrix but this was eventually dumbed down for the final release.

Oh for the love of

Refer! To! The! Text!
morpheus has huge face
a battery indeed. They want that baby batter. A heapin helpin of Vanilla vice cream

[account deactivated]
the Mattrex would have been better if they kept the human farms simply due to the 1st Law of Robotics, and that all any of the robots ever wanted to do is reinsert the Zionists(lol) back into the system, making the Freedom vs. Slavery theme of the movie much stronger. although that would probably make it even more overtly anti-Communist, so im glad they focused on interracial orgies instead

Superabound posted:

the Mattrex would have been better if they kept the human farms simply due to the 1st Law of Robotics, and that all any of the robots ever wanted to do is reinsert the Zionists(lol) back into the system, making the Freedom vs. Slavery theme of the movie much stronger. although that would probably make it even more overtly anti-Communist, so im glad they focused on interracial orgies instead

oh ok

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

i never actually understood what the machines wanted in that movie

they just wanted to be the youngest ever WWF Intercontinental champion with real girl parts in a big pink poofy dress and live in a castle

swampman posted:

Oh for the love of

Refer! To! The! Text!

"more bioelectricity than a 120v battery" lol. less "bio"electricity than a pile of McTreacles merrily toasting underneath a boiler hooked up to a turbine. did you think the premise of the matrix was interesting and not dumb again

i mean it wd still fucking SUCK if they came up with something as plausible as "the machines are assholes", it STILL boils down to approx six hours of "world is a video game and Keanu Reeves has the cheat codes" but who am i to take your movie away from you

littlegreenpills posted:

"more bioelectricity than a 120v battery" lol. less "bio"electricity than a pile of McTreacles merrily toasting underneath a boiler hooked up to a turbine. did you think the premise of the matrix was interesting and not dumb again

Heres you winning this argument

[account deactivated]
youd think that science fiction would afford more chances in general for investigating the ethics of "nonviolent" relocation of peoples because in science fiction they have teleporters and perfect risk-free sedatives and etc. Then again it might be hard to convince an American audience that there was any conflict at all in the scenario

roseweird posted:

i thought it was implied that we wanted them dead and they reacted to that, mankind is so corrupt

roseweird posted:

I'm pretty sure the Watchowski's didn't either.

Wow an entire thread full of noobs who never watched the animatrix? Play the simpsons grand paw gif in your head one time but the guy in my sigs doing it. Good day.
thank you keven.
as paradol ex said,
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

Oh for the love of

Refer! To! The! Text!

rosenweld is this your utopia?

gyrofry posted:

roseweird posted:

they just wanted to be the youngest ever WWF Intercontinental champion with real girl parts in a big pink poofy dress and live in a castle

hahaha you're getting me HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!