stand up community networking itt

tpaine posted:

US Soldiers have magic guilt-conferring bullets

i think its more their presence within a mile of you confers guilt, i.e. its your fault for living in a war zone

I enjoy D&D now and then, they do offer a very unique view on a number of issues and can usually explain their reasoning with data which I always appreciate. That said it's infuriating that they're brushing this off as being yet another problem with our healthcare. The Army put people in fucking prison after breaking their brain, took ALL of their benefits, and kicked them on the street so stop fucking hand-waving it.
Sounds like a just fate for human monsters, just my opinion tho
haha madmedico source pls
[account deactivated]

daddyholes posted:

haha madmedico source pls

http://www.nknews.org/2013/06/drunken-haze-how-american-soldiers-are-viewed-in-north-korea/
NEW YORK CITY – On a trip to North Korea last month, Young Pioneer Tours group leader Joseph Ferris III took in a performance of the Pyongyang Military Circus.

“My understanding is everyone who is in that circus is in the military–including the trapeze girls,” Ferris tells NK News.

While the grand finale was being set up, a comedy sketch was performed for the crowd.

Says Ferris:

“I was not sitting next to our North Korean guide, and I forgot to ask, but I believe the skit showed a U.S. soldier based in South Korea, drunk, and getting beat up by a four-legged street bum. I’m guessing he was four-legged because you were seeing the action as the drunk U.S. soldier was seeing it.”

Unlike Nameless Heroes, the multi-part, 20+ hours-long North Korean propaganda film in which U.S. Army defectors James Joseph Dresnok, Larry Allen Abshier, Jerry Wayne Parrish and Charles Robert Jenkins played evil Americans, this “U.S. soldier clown was North Korean, with a well-done makeup job.”

looks like it was just an adaptation of waiting for godot imo
more like Waiting for Gyopo
im glad i guessed right thanks MM
There's a thread about this in D&D and evilweasel has banned all criticism of Goons in Platoons, the decision to join the military, or the military as a whole. I believe that Noam Chomsky would have some things to say.
When you're watching a movie involving criminals trying to pull off a heist or scam of some kind and one of them is either screwed over by fate or betrayed by his own guys, what is going through your head? Is it "that poor guy, he was probably born into a broken home, what a terrible turn of events"? Or is it something more along the lines of "that wouldn't happened if you hadn't made a bunch of shitty immoral decisions"?

For me, it is the first, because I am a nice person.
[account deactivated]
White House Down is out tomorrow

daddyholes posted:

my nigga

daddyholes posted:

The subway ads for this are all defaced to read "White Ho Down"

looking forward to seeing R.M.I.B.D.: The White House Has Fallen, This Is The World's Endapalooza tomorrow