i haven't listened to the new kanye west album yet but unless he spends 74 minutes reading his favorite passages from jane austen over klezmer beats that were constructed exclusively from samples of an aeolian harp, i don't think i'll be describing it as "surprising" or "groundbreaking" or wtfe
unless kanye is a pretentious goofy white girl then hes not making groundbreaking art

babyfinland posted:

unless kanye is a pretentious goofy white girl then hes not making groundbreaking art

DO I STUTTER

grumblefish what do you think of these lines from the new kanye west album. you ought to like them. they reference classical society after all

I keep it 300, like the Romans
300 bitches, where the Trojans?

yeah i suppose it's impossible for a rapper who became famous by deliberately fucking with people to be deliberately fucking with you
whoops, just defended kanye west. time for suicide
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

grumblefish what do you think of these lines from the new kanye west album. you ought to like them. they reference classical society after all

like he's clearly smart enough to know it was the spartans, and it rhymes just as well, so it's clear he decided to do this just to fuck with grumblefish

what about a french-ass restaurant

elemennop posted:

deadken posted:

like he's clearly smart enough to know it was the spartans, and it rhymes just as well, so it's clear he decided to do this just to fuck with grumblefish

ever heard of assonance white boy?

swampman posted:

elemennop posted:

deadken posted:

ever heard of assonance white boy?

way to ruin a joke

jools posted:

what about a french-ass restaurant

it's "french ass-restaurant"

kanye's for herbs. now this is some quality appropriation

yall dont know shit if you dont know big l

blinkandwheeze posted:

RBC posted:

lol its like you live in a world where the internet doesnt exist and major label artists are still relevant

also remember when kanye west ripped off jenny holzer to promote yeezus that was also hilarious

What are you even talking about my guy. ofc kanye isnt "relevant" to anything actually interesting thats happening, hes a self indulgent weirdo who lives in his own world of haute-bourgeois excess but who cares he can make a decent song occasionally. chief keef released an album on interscope last year tho & if you dont think he's "relevant" then whatever way you are using that word is pretty meaningless. you should actually name some names if you want to talk about who kanye's vague retread of his past ideas is ripping off doe.

i'm not going to defend an ad campaign or whatever, i really dont care about anything ancillary to the actual music, i do not fuck with ye as a person or his business or his aesthetic or even the majority of his previous music, or think anymore of him than being a subpar rapper who knows what he is doing in the studio but whatever i think about him as an artist is pretty irrelevant to him making a handful of songs that i enjoy listening to

i think its better than dark twisted for the most part keven but thats mostly because i like 40 minutes of reductive drum machine stuff & dancehall samples more than an hour and a half of guitar solos and things of that nature.

i didnt realize interscope still existed. i could name drop lots of artists but youd never have heard of them and googling them after doesnt really count.

i dont really know who this chief keef guy you all keep mentioning is, but it seems hes some 17 year old guy who had a youtube account and then some shitty label signed him because they confused him for the black justin bieber. pop music is dumb

lol
Howd you make your words turn into a fart sound when I read them mate

listen to this song and check out the sick horn line right before dude says "lyrical jizm"
lol you dont know how chief keef is

go make me a beef and brocolli bitch
threads wherein white people discuss rap music are the best thing on the internet. lol
my street cred is over 900 because i know about this one rapper, Mr. P who is like so underground that it doesn't even
master p was a vastly important force in rap history, friendo

NoFreeWill posted:

Mr. P

in this post-vanilla ice, post-eminem world, rap is no longer the private domain of coloureds, fyi
Ha ha this one underground rapper we're cred mining, chief fucking keef lmao

NoFreeWill posted:

threads wherein white people discuss rap music are the best thing on the internet. lol

that's that shit i don't like

RBC posted:

i didnt realize interscope still existed. i could name drop lots of artists but youd never have heard of them and googling them after doesnt really count.

i dont really know who this chief keef guy you all keep mentioning is, but it seems hes some 17 year old guy who had a youtube account and then some shitty label signed him because they confused him for the black justin bieber. pop music is dumb

this post is literally dumber and funnier than 99% of pitchfork articles i hope you are proud of yourself, and the things you have done on this earth.

can we make this the chief keef megathread.

chief keef
little fuck nugget
[account deactivated]
chief keef is a rape victim, but it doesn't define his life
He also has the 'tism. And yet hes still getting money

RBC posted:

lmao did u just type that first paragraph and then google chief keef and then type the second

RBC posted:

if u got a case then make it fuckboy

thirdplace posted:

chief keef is a rape victim, but it doesn't define his life

ur thinking of danny brown

Hitler posted:

lmao did u just type that first paragraph and then google chief keef and then type the second

yes Hitler i did

Lou Reed Reviews Yeezus
new tech n9ne album at the end of the month, cuz. dunno if ima buy that devil worshipper shit, cuz.