[account deactivated]
these articles are

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Egyptians would be lucky if their new ruling generals turn out to be in the mold of Chile's Augusto Pinochet,

discipline posted:

someone should drag these white men into the street and beat them in public

in point of fact, jackson diehl is a jew

[account deactivated]
i read liberal blogs and they've all spent the last week arguing over which party in Egypt is the closest analogy to the Republican Party lol
jews are white
jews are white
jews are white
jews are white
jews are white
jews are white
jews are white
jews are white
jews are white
what about the black ones
those ones are black

daddyholes posted:

i read liberal blogs and they've all spent the last week arguing over which party in Egypt is the closest analogy to the Republican Party lol

Pretty sure it's the salafists, right? I'm no expert but that seems right. Anyone know for sure?

gyrofry posted:

i don't know i'm scared to go to those ones

You shouldn't be scared. I find if you talk slowly and calmly it can be quite a manageable experience.
[account deactivated]
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/07/2013766819603784.html

discipline posted:

another great post

thank you

[account deactivated]
You'd like that wouldn't you. You want it to happen.

PROBABLY MUSTANG

Edited by blinkandwheeze ()

hmm ok go on tell me more, AnotherGreatPost

libelous_slander posted:

comrade

idk who this mysterious stranger is... but i like the way he posts!!
i hope the egyptiens make it thorugh all this and obtain the markets they deserve

discipline posted:

white men

huh? this nigga swarthier than lionel richie

What do you think "tuxedo Kamen magical change" means

discipline posted:

someone should drag these white men into the street and beat them in public

but enough about my thanksgiving dinners

my dumb blog post on egypt got featured on wordpress's "freshly pressed" thing which in practice only meant ~200 more hits but also a whole fuckin bunch of idiot liberals making comments about Democracy and Freedom
An odd sort of post, but I enjoyed it all the same. I’m not sure if the Egyptians really care about democracy more than Westerners do, but it is true that they are more concerned with what their government does because 1.) their governments like to do bad things and 2) general freedoms which are so long established we don’t even consider them here are lacking over there.

gyrofry posted:

You mean the ones who have no power in any Western governments, absolutely zero media presence, let alone dominance, live in apartheid conditions wherever they go even in Israel, and who dont write shitty articles for The Telegraph? hmmm, you do raise many interesting questions

live

Superabound posted:

gyrofry posted:

You mean the ones who have no power in any Western governments, absolutely zero media presence, let alone dominance, live in apartheid conditions wherever they go even in Israel, and who dont write shitty articles for The Telegraph? hmmm, you do raise many interesting questions

yeah those ones

discipline posted:

For that, Egypt’s opposition need only have looked to Turkey, where massive crowds are forcing the Islamist government of Recep Tayyip Erdogan to back away from its authoritarian excesses while preserving the constitutional order. Or Venezuela, where the democratic opposition, learning from its mistakes, set about to organize and fight elections despite uneven odds. They barely lost the last presidential contest and now stand ready as the Chavista government fails, splits and crumbles on its own.

http://www.pulitzer.org/citation/2013-Editorial-Writing

Also nominated as finalists in this category were: Staff of Newsday, Long Island, NY, for its editorials in the chaotic wake of Hurricane Sandy, providing a voice of reason, hope and indignation as recovery began and the future challenge of limiting shoreline devastation emergedc; and Jackson Diehl of The Washington Post for his passionate editorials on the civil conflict in Syria, arguing for greater engagement by the United States to help stop bloodshed in a strategic Arab nation.

daddyholes posted:

i read liberal blogs and

catchphrase

mustang

Edited by jools ()

mustang

piss posted:

mustang

catchphrase

http://aje.me/1di8q9R

U.S. destabilizing egyptian democracy is official. I think the O-man is one step ahead of that pinochet superfan.

doubleposted

Edited by slothrap ()

Shocker alert: The anti-Morsi protests were led by secular leftists and Morsi is a rightwing Islamist.