discipline posted:

Goethestein posted:

When i call ppls resumes to offer them jobs in a professional setting in Boston, 40k year starting with decent benefits and no real experience about half of the young people i talk to are like "yeahhh...im strictly looking for an internship, though ..." and i laugh a lot

why do they say this, are they just politely trying to turn down your job offer?

I think it's because their advisors told them it's the only way to get a job in their field

tpaine posted:

my neighbor popomo

a big ugly round cat thing with a lot of fleas and ticks that nobody wants to be around. ken, it's you baby. what can i say? you got owned. lay 'em dead

Aesthetics.

these filthy apes work around the clock just for room and board

deadken posted:

im writing an essay in which i critique the fuck out of postmodernism AND its critics, its popomo as Heck

whats the dif between popomo and reactionary

this is actually a question i addressed. the answer is: Revolutionary Aesthetics Of Violence

deadken posted:

this is actually a question i addressed. the answer is: Revolutionary Aesthetics Of Violence

way to invoke the high priest of pomo jewry there druzeboy

WALTER BENJAMIN
benjamin is, like, the opposite of pomo. he's just mo
mo

deadken posted:

benjamin is, like, the opposite of pomo. he's just mo

then so is your revolutionary violence thing i guess

Goethestein posted:

discipline posted:

Goethestein posted:

When i call ppls resumes to offer them jobs in a professional setting in Boston, 40k year starting with decent benefits and no real experience about half of the young people i talk to are like "yeahhh...im strictly looking for an internship, though ..." and i laugh a lot

why do they say this, are they just politely trying to turn down your job offer?

I think it's because their advisors told them it's the only way to get a job in their field

yeah, I'm totally sure people are turning down your job offers left and right, because you're trying to pay them when they don't want it. That sounds totally in line with reality

we're talking software tho, right goat? 40k is a trash offer for anyone competant
[account deactivated]

animedad posted:

we're talking software tho, right goat? 40k is a trash offer for anyone competant

There was a guy in the dumb D&D version of the LEt Them Eat Cake thread a while ago complaining about how terrible and unskilled the workforce is, his job is trying to hire programmers and they can't find anybody competent. They were offering like $14/hour or something lol

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Writing Sample
By Cammy Zek

"Unions used to be good but now they infringe on economic and personal liberty"
[account deactivated]
"I believe unions should be between a man and his workfellows, like God intended."
the afl-cio has destroyed the american labor movement

animedad posted:

Its not software amd 40k isnt a bad salary for someone starting in most fields.i do know a few people who work in software and its funny how much money they think they deserve as assembly line employees with no socil skills

One time I saw an AFL-CIO shirt at Goodwill so I had a eureka moment and bought it and wore it to some anarchist protest and people kept yelling at me it was p funny.

Goethestein posted:

animedad posted:

Its not software amd 40k isnt a bad salary for someone starting in most fields.i do know a few people who work in software and its funny how much money they think they deserve as assembly line employees with no socil skills

true enough, i dont wanna get in a whole thing about 'what people deserve', im talking from an opportunistic standpoint which is the best standpoint for any young upstart. get dat paper

Meursault posted:

yeah, I'm totally sure people are turning down your job offers left and right, because you're trying to pay them when they don't want it. That There's totally in line with reality

I've been in a hiring position for 18 months now and you'd be amazed at the rate of people who don't even show up for job interviews. Its seriously about 60%, plus those who need to reschedule for some idiot reason, plus those who turn down a position cuz they don't want to drive 10 miles.

[account deactivated]
Ive never worked in debt collection
i thought you tracked down people or something

i always assumed it was vaguely notorious
yeah he works in debt recovery not collection. GOD YO UGUYS
Yah i must be offering a rly bad job. Its not that ppl are lazy irresponsible turds. That's why obesity is so low 2
i know a guy who bullies people over the phone into paying debts that his company has bought, he gets big commissions and lives in a big apartment in a nice part of town, also tries to talk about leftist politics with me in the pub
That sounds nice. Maybe ppl should pay their bills. Just a thot~
theres no credible moral or economic case for paying off personal debts, infinite credit was the gateway to utopia
lol goatstein is a fukkin debt collector
Who are we to judge how the one user among us with mouths to feed makes a living? Goatstein is the proletariat.
Im not a debt collector. Don't make up lies pls

Goethestein posted:

is life as a bounty hunter as terrible as the film of the same name, or is it great like dog: the bounty hunter.

I wonder what dogs fat wifes fat titties look like w/no bra.
gonna go out on a limb and guess: fat?

Goethestein posted:

what do u do?