babyfinland posted:
lol i just imagiend getfiscal blasting slavoj zizek in the head while he (zizek) begged for mercy

Please, don't do it, is this not ideology at it's purest, *tugs at t shirt*, I am not some kind of dogmatic Stalini--*blam*

that's not why zizek deserves to die though

you cry now cornelius

gyrofry posted:
u know who ELSE liked aristotle

thats right

Randites don't like Aristotle, they just have an imaginary friend that goes by that name. I'm pretty sure objectionists have never read Aristotle and Plato, and I've never found an essay where they actually cite primary sources to support their opinions on those great men. Their conception of Aristotle is unrecognisable to me.

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:
lol i just imagiend getfiscal blasting slavoj zizek in the head while he (zizek) begged for mercy

Please, don't do it, is this not ideology at it's purest, *tugs at t shirt*, I am not some kind of dogmatic Stalini--*blam*

i dont know what youre referring to but zizek is a useless liberal masquerading as a Man of Virtue in the clothes of last century's revolutions, much like the bourgeoisie and the jacobins. Commiekiller420

Lykourgos posted:

gyrofry posted:

thats right

Randites don't like Aristotle, they just have an imaginary friend that goes by that name. I'm pretty sure objectionists have never read Aristotle and Plato, and I've never found an essay where they actually cite primary sources to support their opinions on those great men. Their conception of Aristotle is unrecognisable to me.

have you read alasdair macintyre's book

Lykourgos posted:

gyrofry posted:

thats right

u mad

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

Lykourgos posted:

gyrofry posted:

thats right

nope, does he shit on Randians?

tpaine posted:

Lessons posted:

t-paine has my dad's musical tastes to a tee

your dad likes susumu

my dad loves the narutaru op

Lykourgos posted:

babyfinland posted:

Lykourgos posted:

gyrofry posted:

thats right

nope, does he shit on Randians?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Virtue

basically what im saying is i want to be head of secret police in the community center
fact: marx wrote a postgraduate dissertation on heraclitus
i think randroids consider plato the original trot or something
http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1841/dr-theses/index.htm

Edited by gyrofry ()

http://laroucheplanet.info/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Library.AristotleIsTheRootOfTheEvil
marx was younger than i am when he penned the manifesto from shaytan's whispers
his beard was doubtless more luxuriant as well

The problem on which we should focus, both in science-that is, the problem of lack of understanding of what the cold fusion experiments signify, the crisis in science, the epistemological crisis in science prompted by the cold fusion experiments- results, and the witch-hunt itself-both go back to something which happened essentially during the 17th century in England and France. On the British side, the problem was the establishment of what became known as British empiricism by a group of Rosicrucian cultists associated with Francis Bacon, Thomas Hobbes, Elias Ashmole (the founder of British Freemasonry), John Locke and, of course, including Isaac Newton.

These people introduced an anti-Renaissance, what was considered at that period an anti-science, Aristotelian method, which was infused in a very peculiar with one element. This element was the introduction into science of what became known as empiricism, but was originally the central feature of the most notorious, sexually perverted religious cult in the history of medieval Europe - that is, the Cathar, Bogomil, or Bugger cult from the district of southern France associated with Albi and Toulouse.

The same thing happened in France itself. Buggery, in the form of the influence of this cult upon science, manifested itself in the work of Rene Descartes, particularly in Descartes's notion of deus ex machina. This established Cartesianism as a form of Buggery which has been traditional in French science and poisoning it or buggering it to the present day. This is quite literally the case: a Rosicrucian cult (which featured alchemy as one of its claims to fame), which was Aristotelian, cabbalistic, and Bugger (that is, it featured this split between spirit and flesh, as the new materialistic doctrine), which is characteristic of the Buggery cult of south France, of the Rhone district and Albi-Toulouse centuries earlier.

This cult merits a little bit of attention just so we know what we're talking about. Most people don't know this.

Before Christianity, there were established some very vicious cults in the area near Babylon: Oriental cults. These cults led to the various manifestations of a particular form of cult called Manicheanism. Now, one of these Manichean cults was situated in the eastern part of Turkey in the mountainous areas. For a while, this cult was used - it was a very vicious, bloody-handed cult - by the Caliphate against the Byzantine Empire. Later, according to Gibbon and others, a Byzantine Emperor called Constantine Copronymous took the cult, transplanted it or a good part of it from eastern Anatolia and stuck it in what was then Thrace, which is today modern Bulgaria. This cult was given the position of guarding the northern borders of the Byzantine Empire against these Slavs who were coming down into the area at the time.

As a result, as the cult became embedded there, sponsored by the Byzantine Empire, no less, the cult took a Slavic name, and became known as not only the Cathars, but also the Bogomils. The cult was spread by Venetian bankers working on behalf of the Byzantine Empire, into the south of France, where it was known variously thus, as the Bogomil cult, which is what the Bulgarian branch of the cult called itself, the Cathars, which all called themselves, that is, the Cathars, the "pure," or the purified, and it was also known in France as the Bulgarian cult. So we had the French les bougres, which was translated into English for the convenience of the English speaker, as "the Buggers."

Now, because of this cult's peculiar sexual perversion - that is, the belief that a man putting semen into a woman to impregnate her, was propagating the flesh, and that was evil - it resorted to various other kinds of sexual recreation and thus the name "Bugger" in English became associated with what it has become associated with in English to this day. So quite literally, Francis Bacon and his tribe buggered science and the result of this was empiricism. And a similar thing happened in France, in the form of the cult of Descartes, of Cartesianism.

This cult, this pseudo-alchemic cult called "Rosicrucian" during that period, and later called Freemasonic (based on the Freemasonic orders which were spun out of Rosicrucianism by people such as Elias Ashmole, Bacon, Hobbes, Locke and so forth), has been the dominant influence in what is called (or was called partly during the 17th century and more so during the 18th century), "the Enlightenment."

Lets Talk about larouche for a bit. a fun conspiracy theory is that larouchism is a CIA plot to associate dangerous good ideas with nonsensical weirdos. an early and persistent iteration of the cass sunstein cognitive infiltration strategy
larouche is ceaselessly entertaining and he has so much material. someone buy me collected works of lyndon larouche volumes 1 - 5 million pls

Over the past 25 years, we've seen that concretely: Twenty-five years ago, approximately from 1963 on, there was a mass recruitment in the United States to the rock-drug-sex counterculture. You can't separate them; they're all one package. A deliberate cult dogma, created by a Satanic cult - the Crowleyite cult in England - and put into the United -States as the rock-drug-sex counterculture, which is really a form of Satanic religion, which changed the values of our people. At the same time (approximately the same period), this was coupled with a neo-Malthusian cult. If you look at our policy today, you see that people today, in contrast to what they believed 30 years ago, believe today that a post-industrial society is good, that technology is bad, that man must adapt to the animals and to all kinds of strange species we never knew existed, and so forth, and so on. The nuclear family is considered bad, all kinds of things have happened. We no longer behave the way we did; we no longer have the values. We have been subjected to what is called a cultural paradigm shift. The axioms and postulates of our underlying assumptions of belief, have been dramatically altered by these means. Similarly, over the past 400 years, Western civilization has been in the process of being de-civilized, by the influence of a Buggery cult based on the intermeshed bleliefs of Aristotle or followers of Aristotle, of cabbalism, and of Buggery: the Cathar doctrine of the separation of matter from spirit, objective from subjective, and so forth and so on.

Therefore, we should see in this lesson, an identification of the problem which faces us: the Evil problem. It is not enough for us to respond to particular evils around us, to try to correct problems. That's not good enough. It won't work. If the majority of our population and our institutions are committed to policy assumptions, which policy assumptions ate causing these problems, you will not be able to succeed in getting through any remedy which contradicts those policy assumptions. In order to shape history, one must address directly the underlying policy assumptions, the cultural assumptions, which underlie the characteristic response of institutions and populations. That is what we have done, I believe, with more or less effectiveness, over the past couple of decades or so that this association has been in existence.

The reason I'm in prison, is because we're good at it, and because it works. We were not stuck into prison because we said things which displeased somebody. I was stuck into prison with others, and we were subjected to all kinds of evil harassment, terrible lies spread through nearly all of the press repeatedly over and over again - why?

Not because people didn't like what we said, but because we were effective with our methods.

What has the enemy said? The enemy has said we will cease to harass you, if you will give up your method, if you will stop doing that, if you will play ball on our terms, if you will make your criticisms or suggestions, within the confines of the kind of behavior which we consider acceptable. You want to say something in science? Say it in Baconian language; use the mathematics of Francis Bacon and Descartes's followers, and we'll listen to you. If you don't want to use that kind of argument, we won't listen to you. But if you use that kind of argument, and you succeed in influencing somebody, we're going to kill you. Because you're taking us back to Cusa, Leonardo, Kepler, and Leibniz, and so forth, and that we will not tolerate.

We attacked the underlying assumptions of the problems in Central and South America, and the result was Operation Juarez. We came within an ace of winning that battle in 1982; if we had won, the world would be vastly different than today, and all of Henry Kissinger's backers and George Bush's backers would be out of business. We were a threat. In the case of the SDI, which was a product of our influence upon the Reagan administration (a part of it), we changed the world somewhat, and had the proposal been in effect, why, then everything that Henry Kissinger's backers and those of Bush represented today, could not have been possible. In these cases, as in Operation Juarez, and our conception of the war on drugs back in 1978-79, where we invented the war on drugs; in each of these cases, we succeeded because we went back into history, went into the fundamentals of science and other things, to search out the underlying assumptions which determined the theorems, so to speak, upon which people were acting. And because we selected our action to attack and to change those flawed, underlying assumptions which were the causes of the problem, rather than to try to patch up the problem after the fact.

That is our contribution so far to history. That is a contribution which today, obviously, is much more needed, or much more urgently needed, than at any time during the past 20 years.

gyrofry posted:
Lets Talk about larouche for a bit. a fun conspiracy theory is that larouchism is a CIA plot to associate dangerous good ideas with nonsensical weirdos. an early and persistent iteration of the cass sunstein cognitive infiltration strategy

he definitely has connections to the democratic party and intelligence agencies but i think he's mostly used abroad to mediate interactions with gladio-type orgs

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

its the rape jokes isnt it

A friend of a relative of mine took me to a larouche meeting years ago and it was hilarious. They did a live performance of Book 1 of Plato's Republic, then they gave a speech about how the Queen is a monster who is trying to conquer the world and destroy freedom, then I left and never returned.
[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:
he's mostly used abroad to mediate interactions with gladio-type orgs

what does that mean

Lykourgos posted:
A friend of a relative of mine took me to a larouche meeting years ago and it was hilarious. They did a live performance of Book 1 of Plato's Republic, then they gave a speech about how the Queen is a monster who is trying to conquer the world and destroy freedom, then I left and never returned.

they say the queen is the head of a massive global drug trafficking ring

babyfinland posted:
i have Dream project of building a halal economy in the shell of the american capitalist one beginning with agriculture and food distribution and then moving to education and housing, the basis being firstly efficiency of production lines between farm and distributer sort of like a CSA or something for the food and then for education it would be no-interest apprentice / guild type system that guarantees work placement, housing placement and education. its sort of communitarian but whatever, damn the kufrs to burn in hell thats what i always say.

if i have a brewery on my farm is my food haraam

there needs to be a thing like "whatsthefiqhonthat.com"

i'm starting a zen academy on the edge of a mountaintop. poor urbanites are invited i guess but its not an easy place to get to in clunker towncars.

shennong posted:

babyfinland posted:
i have Dream project of building a halal economy in the shell of the american capitalist one beginning with agriculture and food distribution and then moving to education and housing, the basis being firstly efficiency of production lines between farm and distributer sort of like a CSA or something for the food and then for education it would be no-interest apprentice / guild type system that guarantees work placement, housing placement and education. its sort of communitarian but whatever, damn the kufrs to burn in hell thats what i always say.

no

there are tons of "google sheikhs" actually since islam has no institutional orthodoxy there's really no impediment to that kind of thing. the problem is that fiqh isn't like a legalistic thing you just look up and find the ruling on, you really need someone who understands you and your situation and community to be able to comment. fiqh is very organic and spontaneous and supposed to be something embedded in a society, not huge tome of cases of precedent. shari'a was never codified, did you know that?

anyways the only thing about alcohol is that you can't drink it. there's difference of opinion about using wine in cooking, but i think the majority ruling is that it's fine as long as the alcohol is no longer present as an intoxicant (i.e. has transformed, evaporated, or reduced to an insignificant amount). the presence of alcohol on a farm has no bearing on the otherwise halal food

Edited by babyfinland ()

tpaine posted:

Lessons posted:

t-paine has my dad's musical tastes to a tee

your dad likes susumu

some dude namedropped this bro in my modern criticism class today lmao

babyfinland posted:

shennong posted:

no

there are tons of "google sheikhs" actually since islam has no institutional orthodoxy there's really no impediment to that kind of thing. the problem is that fiqh isn't like a legalistic thing you just look up and find the ruling on, you really need someone who understands you and your situation and community to be able to comment. fiqh is very organic and spontaneous and supposed to be something embedded in a society, not huge tome of cases of precedent. shari'a was never codified, did you know that?

i understood that fiqh is a very local affair and that it depends on the political climate and the local scholars available or whoever a state can import to give a ruling, like how caviar became halal in iran or whatever. i was under the impression that individual jurisdictions had some kind of basically codified shari'a tho, that can differ from other areas?

anyways the only thing about alcohol is that you can't drink it. there's difference of opinion about using wine in cooking, but i think the majority ruling is that it's fine as long as the alcohol is no longer present as an intoxicant (i.e. has transformed, evaporated, or reduced to an insignificant amount). the presence of alcohol on a farm has no bearing on the otherwise halal food

that makes sense. i was thinking that maybe dealing with a business which derives income from a haraam activity would be proscribed, but maybe it dun matter as long as im sellin to kufrs

getfiscal posted:
there is a lot of money flowing around in the US from foundations and shit because rich liberals give to things that are "socially innovative" and contribute to ecological sustainability or whatever. the whole thing is a huge industry though so it has evolved its own sort of logic. like you need evidence of "adding value" and "measurable objectives" and ongoing performance review and so on. it's called the "non-profit-industrial complex" for a reason, though.

like if you say "maybe we'll have radicals that are traveling come over and stay" or something, okay, just imagine the foundation's questions. do you have a hotel license, how many guests will you have each week, what market research have you done on the radical guest market, why are existing guest houses not adequate, why not get a business loan, etc.

this is extra funny because the local infoshop in salt lake has basically turned into a backpacker hostel with a trampoline and a tiny library of adbusters back issues crammed into a corner.

shennong posted:

babyfinland posted:

shennong posted:

no

i understood that fiqh is a very local affair and that it depends on the political climate and the local scholars available or whoever a state can import to give a ruling, like how caviar became halal in iran or whatever. i was under the impression that individual jurisdictions had some kind of basically codified shari'a tho, that can differ from other areas?

yeah in a sense

shennong posted:

that makes sense. i was thinking that maybe dealing with a business which derives income from a haraam activity would be proscribed, but maybe it dun matter as long as im sellin to kufrs

i dont think so, at least not in a hard and fast rule kind of way, especially in non-muslim lands. muslims aren't allowed to make their income from haraam, even if they are in business with non-muslims. i'd imagine there would be more of a debate about the acceptability of supporting businesses that engage in haraam activity in thoroughly muslim society though. course its dependent on the issue at stake: selling guns to zionists is one thing, selling beers to christians is another

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i know of a project to start a social center. there was an abandoned building that some people scoped out. then they were like well the police will probably only let us stay if we have community support, and that will only happen if we have a solid plan of what to use the space for. so they built up all these plans of like okay we'll have movie nights and arts projects and child care and basically anything the community might need really. so they announce the day of the squat and get all excited and then show up and the police immediately smashed them up and evicted them lol
i knew of a project to start a community center. a local billionaire donated a bunch of money and then we had one.