getfiscal posted:

lol

[account deactivated]
i'm emailing a person right now about starting a social center
because memes should become reality

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:
lol i just imagiend getfiscal blasting slavoj zizek in the head while he (zizek) begged for mercy

Please, don't do it, is this not ideology at it's purest, *tugs at t shirt*, I am not some kind of dogmatic Stalini--*blam*

that's not why zizek deserves to die though

i dont know what youre referring to but zizek is a useless liberal masquerading as a Man of Virtue in the clothes of last century's revolutions, much like the bourgeoisie and the jacobins. Commiekiller420

Zizek envies the idea of the left actually caring about something that matters for once but is stuck being a useless academic who isn't allowed to take an activist stance because the people will crush and ignore him like Ward Churchill, Chris Hedges and Norman Finkelstein.

Asking liberals to stop being useless is like asking them to commit career and social suicide. Robespierre at least knew he was fighting a suicidal battle against how rotten everyone was. All the later liberals and leftists are just waiting for the people to wake up and be wonderful like waiting for some messiah that just isn't coming. They've just been sitting dumbfounded since the '60s heartbroken that everything didn't magically change for the better once the people were given enough power and information to do what's right.

My ideal community center? Let's see. First of all, of course, there need to be specially-made (gender segregated) bathing areas to perform wudu prior to prayer. Secondly, separate spaces for men and women to attend jumu'ah. Also, this community center would preferably be within a few blocks from where I live and work on West St. in Lower Manhattan.
[account deactivated]
start a social centre, in moldova
[account deactivated]

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
My ideal community center? Let's see. First of all, of course, there need to be specially-made (gender segregated) bathing areas to perform wudu prior to prayer. Secondly, separate spaces for men and women to attend jumu'ah. Also, this community center would preferably be within a few blocks from where I live and work on West St. in Lower Manhattan.

good news, hajji cleared some land for you.

well at least someone sort of half got my joke

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
well at least someone sort of half got my joke

i already made a victory mosque joke in this thread i thought

i didnt read the thread lol
i like your style
[account deactivated]
the sole legacy of the human race may well be angry colonies of space libertarians peppered through the solar system

discipline posted:
I've become convinced that if we keep this trajectory (likely) the human species only has at maximum a few hundred years left on earth. As a woman I am unable to rally any kind of significant movement so I've decided to make little islands of peace and happiness through the onslaught of chaos and misery, I will call them community centers and God willing we will learn how to dress game and sew and be a human family again before the end of days arrives

not a woman but samesies

It's better to burn out than fade away. - George W Bush
probably "the cone" from thomas berhards book correction and i'm the only person in it, OP

discipline posted:
maximum a few hundred years left on earth

an optimist are we

lol yeah when i read that i was like 'a few??'
[account deactivated]
humanity better last long enough for me to enjoy the promotion I just got

shennong posted:
do you remember how much land he got on the farmstead? i dunno the soil at all on the south side, what does he grow?

80 acres i think but the more i think about it the less i trust my memory. she got it in this fall and hasn't grown anything yet, although i know she's gonna do duck eggs, a heated greenhouse and probably some sauerkraut, inter alia

80 acres for 50k is pretty amazing. a lot of average-quality 100 acre lots in southern ON go for 200k+. if you've got groundwater and a south slope or any structures built on it you're prob talking 3-500k. the north shore of the superior is cheap as hell but the growing season's a lot shorter and the soil restricts what crops you can do w/o a bunch of investment in hoop houses etc

jools posted:
It's better to burn out than fade away. - George W Bush

Better a Pyrrhic victory than a flat loss.

words of weazdom