Goethestein posted:
80k at 3% over 24 years is 164 grand. ten years of coverage, 14 if living in poverty

what the fuck are you investing it that you get 3%. TIPS? come on dude.

Seriously gonna swipe that shit from idiotk id. Gonna get that money. Maybe when hes pour he can actually learn what it means to be ciummunist.
[account deactivated]
my account made AAR of like 11% over the past 8 years. plus i'll be investing more bc of the wonders of PAID PROFESSIONAL LABOR. come on dude.

littlegreenpills posted:
I have a post with 8 upvotes

lol no u dont ur an awful poster and every1 knows it

true, but

Cycloneboy posted:
my account made AAR of like 11% over the past 8 years. plus i'll be investing more bc of the wonders of PAID PROFESSIONAL LABOR. come on dude.

your capital didn't make shit, it sucked vampire-like from living labor

thirdplace posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

your capital didn't make shit, it sucked vampire-like from living labor

i'm not hearing the difference

man i'm so glad i made that post about cycloneman living off his parents and got him to spring a trap i didn't even know i planted and admit he has a trust fund from his grandma. now he's just been talking about his 401k and retirement and getting paid for his professional labor for like pages ahahahahahahahhahaha

Goethestein posted:
lol how poor are you people that 80 large is huge money

PErsonally, I am very poor.

BUT DONT SAY ANYTHING SEXIST OR AGEIST OR TRANSPHOBIC OTHERWISE TEH CYCLONE WILL TEAR U DOWN

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
man i'm so glad i made that post about cycloneman living off his parents and got him to spring a trap i didn't even know i planted and admit he has a trust fund from his grandma. now he's just been talking about his 401k and retirement and getting paid for his professional labor for like pages ahahahahahahahhahaha

it's not a trust fund, it's inheritance. she's dead you asshole.

AND I DON'T HAVE A 401K
whatever, jew

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
whatever, jew

nice ethnic slur. mods?

jews are not an ethnicity. I did not call you ashkenazim (tho u def are)
oh shit did i type "jew"? i meant to type j00. i was trying to use "l33t." it was this thing we had on the internet before you were born
you just might be the worst marxoteen ever, teleologically at least
actually, i'm the best.

Cycloneboy posted:
actually, i'm the best.

ah yes, being an arrogant piece of shit, highly valued among communists

Crow posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

actually, i'm the best.

ah yes, being an arrogant piece of shit, highly valued among communists

i know you're trying to be ironic but we all know it's true.

PEOPLE'S REPRESENTATIVE:

The list of Transgressions is as Follows:

* Crime of Arrogance before the people

* Fear of death

Cycloneboy posted:

discipline posted:

Cyclonebaby please describe in 250 words your ideal world

everyone lives forever and pain is nonexistent.

* Worshipping false Idols

Cycloneboy posted:

Crow posted:

Explain the mathematics to me, that's my area of expertise. Also, discipline is studying financialization, so I imagine she probably knows more about the effect your blood money has on humanity than you can begin to suspect.

80k at 9% post-inflation AAR w/ additions of 11.5k (45k*.7-20k) every year will produce an account with ~1M after 20 years. 1M w/ a perpetuity of 2% grants 20k per year, every year, until the stars burn out.

* Lack of faith

Cycloneboy posted:

shennong posted:

the best part is that they're stocks and he thinks that means he has a claim on real value that will allow him to stop working comfortably in like 2050 instead of being another corpse in a mass grave in the desert that will be the southern half of america lol

lol yeah the revolution is just around the corner guys.

i wish.

* kinda byob-y

Cycloneboy posted:

aerdil posted:

i have no friends and ive never kissed a girl and its been four years since ive talked to another human being

sounds chill dude.

Recommendation:
Rehabilitation and Hard labor in the Institute under the supervision of Herr Doktor Ken.

"Arbeit macht frei"

Edited by Crow ()

Cycloneboy posted:

its you. youre the dude.

Godspeed, cyclonebyoby, i hope for a speedy recovery, though the road will be long
you're planning to live on $20k a year for the rest of your life? lmao
20k a year isnt bad if you have a home paid for (moms house) and no kids (obviously)
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
Why do atheists fear death

see this is why i don't think they're truly atheists. but then again there's plenty of 'religious' people that fear death too, so it must be a primal, eternal fear in the sense of 'eternal return'

Goethestein posted:
20k a year isnt bad if you have a home paid for (moms house) and no kids (obviously)

thats still entirely dependent on location. bay area california would be different from the midwest in terms of how far 20k a year would get you.

i'm also just bourgeois and cant comprehend anyone making under 200k a year

discipline posted:

i dont think i fear death. "you can see life as an unprofitable episode, disrupting the blessed calm of non-existence." - jim henson

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
(who is half Muslim by the way, La Ilaha is half of the shahada)

hehe

i dont think most atheists are transhumanists. otoh a large majority of theists are so gripped with the lizard fear of the abyss that they construct elaborate fantasy worlds, less plausible than the most bonged-out fever dream of a transhumanist, that their magic spirits will go to and exist forever after their flesh goes stiff

discipline posted:

why wouldn't we? if i didn't think earthly pleasures were better than the void i would have already killed myself. its an Anthropic Principle

thirdplace posted:

discipline posted:

why wouldn't we? if i didn't think earthly pleasures were better than the void i would have already killed myself.

thats false. barring some great emotional or physical pain to give it power, your conscious mind is overruled by der Wille zu leben

Goethestein posted:
i dont think most atheists are transhumanists. otoh a large majority of theists are so gripped with the lizard fear of the abyss that they construct elaborate fantasy worlds, less plausible than the most bonged-out fever dream of a transhumanist, that their magic spirits will go to and exist forever after their flesh goes stiff

nope, theists and mystics gave birth to modern science, completely and utterly, and many principles survive in a secular manner, while transhumanists are by and large a cargo cult hiding behind their glowing computer orbs and have contributed to humanity a grand total of Zero accomplishments.

thirdplace posted:

discipline posted:

why wouldn't we? if i didn't think earthly pleasures were better than the void i would have already killed myself. its an Anthropic Principle

everything will kill you, duh, even moderation doesnt keep you alive long, if you cataloged and considered every possible thing that would kill you, then you would live in constant fear that you will be ripped away from your "earthly pleasures" and cast off into "the void". this is fear, it is why when you arent happy, when you are nerve-racked and never at peace, you refuse to kill yourself. how could peacefulness and resolution and wholeness in the void possibly be worse than earthly hell? yet those who fear death dont take the Better Option, do they?

no, there's more to it than that. fearing death is a vice, and atheism itself presupposes the truth that one must not fear death.

Goethestein posted:
thats false. barring some great emotional or physical pain to give it power, your conscious mind is overruled by der Wille zu leben

for the sake of argument tho

[account deactivated]
bad news: those babies got SIDS and went to hell thanks to their lack of baptism.