islam might be true, it's hard to say for sure. I suppose anything is possible...... in the end I'd say it's probably 50-50
One thing's for sure... 5 times a day is probably too many to pray. God probably doesn't want us to pray that many times.
[account deactivated]

Meursault posted:
One thing's for sure... 5 times a day is probably too many to pray. God probably doesn't want us to pray that many times.

Narrated Abu Dhar: Allah's Apostle said, "While I was at Mecca the roof of my house was opened and Gabriel descended, opened my chest, and washed it with Zam-zam water. Then he brought a golden tray full of wisdom and faith and having poured its contents into my chest, he closed it. Then he took my hand and ascended with me to the nearest heaven, when I reached the nearest heaven, Gabriel said to the gatekeeper of the heaven, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered: 'Gabriel.' He asked, 'Is there anyone with you?' Gabriel replied, 'Yes, Muhammad I is with me.' He asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel said, 'Yes.' So the gate was opened and we went over the nearest heaven and there we saw a man sitting with some people on his right and some on his left. When he looked towards his right, he laughed and when he looked toward his left he wept. Then he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' He replied, 'He is Adam and the people on his right and left are the souls of his offspring. Those on his right are the people of Paradise and those on his left are the people of Hell and when he looks towards his right he laughs and when he looks towards his left he weeps.' Then he ascended with me till he reached the second heaven and he (Gabriel) said to its gatekeeper, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper said to him the same as the gatekeeper of the first heaven had said and he opened the gate. Anas said: "Abu Dhar added that the Prophet met Adam, Idris, Moses, Jesus and Abraham, he (Abu Dhar) did not mention on which heaven they were but he mentioned that he (the Prophet ) met Adarn on the nearest heaven and Abraham on the sixth heaven. Anas said, "When Gabriel along with the Prophet passed by Idris, the latter said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' The Prophet asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Idris." The Prophet added, "I passed by Moses and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Moses.' Then I passed by Jesus and he said, 'Welcome! O pious brother and pious Prophet.' I asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Jesus. Then I passed by Abraham and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Abraham. The Prophet added, 'Then Gabriel ascended with me to a place where I heard the creaking of the pens." Ibn Hazm and Anas bin Malik said: The Prophet said, "Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers when I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, 'What has Allah enjoined on your followers?' I replied, 'He has enjoined fifty prayers on them.' Moses said, 'Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it.' (So I went back to Allah and requested for reduction) and He reduced it to half. When I passed by Moses again and informed him about it, he said, 'Go back to your Lord as your followers will not be able to bear it.' So I returned to Allah and requested for further reduction and half of it was reduced. I again passed by Moses and he said to me: 'Return to your Lord, for your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and He said, 'These are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change.' I returned to Moses and he told me to go back once again. I replied, 'Now I feel shy of asking my Lord again.' Then Gabriel took me till we '' reached Sidrat-il-Muntaha (Lote tree of; the utmost boundry) which was shrouded in colors, indescribable. Then I was admitted into Paradise where I found small (tents or) walls (made) of pearls and its earth was of musk."

[account deactivated]
man haggling down from 50 to 5 is pretty fucking good. like theres no way you can haggle from 50 to 1 or 2, its insulting

babyfinland posted:
wanna hear some more opinions about islam. enjyoed the ones already posted, would like some more. keep it coming gents

you might enjoy this one

Antimony posted:

babyfinland posted:
wanna hear some more opinions about islam. enjyoed the ones already posted, would like some more. keep it coming gents

you might enjoy this one

Hell Yes "Spengler" I Love That Guy

babyfinland posted:

Meursault posted:

Narrated Abu Dhar: Allah's Apostle said, "While I was at Mecca the roof of my house was opened and Gabriel descended, opened my chest, and washed it with Zam-zam water. Then he brought a golden tray full of wisdom and faith and having poured its contents into my chest, he closed it. Then he took my hand and ascended with me to the nearest heaven, when I reached the nearest heaven, Gabriel said to the gatekeeper of the heaven, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered: 'Gabriel.' He asked, 'Is there anyone with you?' Gabriel replied, 'Yes, Muhammad I is with me.' He asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel said, 'Yes.' So the gate was opened and we went over the nearest heaven and there we saw a man sitting with some people on his right and some on his left. When he looked towards his right, he laughed and when he looked toward his left he wept. Then he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' He replied, 'He is Adam and the people on his right and left are the souls of his offspring. Those on his right are the people of Paradise and those on his left are the people of Hell and when he looks towards his right he laughs and when he looks towards his left he weeps.' Then he ascended with me till he reached the second heaven and he (Gabriel) said to its gatekeeper, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper said to him the same as the gatekeeper of the first heaven had said and he opened the gate. Anas said: "Abu Dhar added that the Prophet met Adam, Idris, Moses, Jesus and Abraham, he (Abu Dhar) did not mention on which heaven they were but he mentioned that he (the Prophet ) met Adarn on the nearest heaven and Abraham on the sixth heaven. Anas said, "When Gabriel along with the Prophet passed by Idris, the latter said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' The Prophet asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Idris." The Prophet added, "I passed by Moses and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Moses.' Then I passed by Jesus and he said, 'Welcome! O pious brother and pious Prophet.' I asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Jesus. Then I passed by Abraham and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Abraham. The Prophet added, 'Then Gabriel ascended with me to a place where I heard the creaking of the pens." Ibn Hazm and Anas bin Malik said: The Prophet said, "Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers when I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, 'What has Allah enjoined on your followers?' I replied, 'He has enjoined fifty prayers on them.' Moses said, 'Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it.' (So I went back to Allah and requested for reduction) and He reduced it to half. When I passed by Moses again and informed him about it, he said, 'Go back to your Lord as your followers will not be able to bear it.' So I returned to Allah and requested for further reduction and half of it was reduced. I again passed by Moses and he said to me: 'Return to your Lord, for your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and He said, 'These are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change.' I returned to Moses and he told me to go back once again. I replied, 'Now I feel shy of asking my Lord again.' Then Gabriel took me till we '' reached Sidrat-il-Muntaha (Lote tree of; the utmost boundry) which was shrouded in colors, indescribable. Then I was admitted into Paradise where I found small (tents or) walls (made) of pearls and its earth was of musk."

Ah, my mistake.

[account deactivated]
goldman is really insane: http://pjmedia.com/spengler/2011/09/09/turkey-cant-act-rationally/

Meursault posted:

nobody actually believes in god anymore lmao, that'd be really dumb. its just a matter of a subject supposed to believe a big Other.

aerdil posted:

Meursault posted:

nobody actually believes in god anymore lmao, that'd be really dumb. its just a matter of a subject supposed to believe a big Other.

actually billions of people believe in God lmao. always have and always will. we Surround You

i dont believe it. no one still believes in god. prove it.
[account deactivated]
most atheists are pretty dumb, but as dumb as believing in god?

usually yes. but believing in god is still fairly dumb.
thats my insightful analysis of eons of religion for tonight youre welcome
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
only dawkins believes thats what religious people actually believe

both are pretty dumb

aerdil posted:
i dont believe it. no one still believes in god. prove it.

http://quran.com/2/171

the world is far too absurd cruel and ironic for there to be an intelligent all-powerful all-loving god. for all intents and purposes your own imaginary construct hates you.

aerdil posted:

the world is far too absurd cruel and ironic for there to be an intelligent all-powerful all-loving god. for all intents and purposes your own imaginary construct hates you.

Imam Ali heard someone abusing and blaming the world and said to him, "O you, who are blaming the world, who have been allured and enticed by it, and have been tempted by its false pretenses. You allowed yourself to be enamored of, to be captivated by it and then you accuse and blame it. Have you any reason or right to accuse it and to call it a sinner and seducer? Or is the world not justified in calling you a wicked knave and a sinning hypocrite? When did it make you lose your intelligence and reasoning? And how did it cheat you or snake false pretenses to you? Did it conceal from you the fact of the ultimate end of everything that it holds, the fact of the sway of death, decay and destruction in its domain? Did it keep you in the dark about the fate of your forefathers and their final abode under the earth? Did it keep the resting-place of your mothers a secret from you? Do you not know that they have returned to dust? Many a time you must have attended the sick persons and many of them you must have seen beyond the scope of medicine. Neither the science of healing nor could your nursing and attendance nor your prayers and weeping prolonged the span of their lives, and they died. You were anxious for them, you procured the best medical aid, you gathered famous physicians and provided best medicines for them. Death could not be held back and life could not be prolonged. In this drama and in this tragedy did the world not present you with a lesson and a moral?

Certainly, this world is a house of truth for those who look into it carefully, an abode of peace and rest for those who understand its ways and moods and it is the best working ground for those who want to procure rewards for life in the Hereafter. It is a place of acquiring knowledge and wisdom for those who want to acquire them, a place of worship for the friends of God and for Angels. It is the place where prophets received revelations of God. It is the place for virtuous people and saints to do good deeds and to be assigned with rewards for the same. Only in this world they could trade with God's Favors and Blessings and only while living here they could barter their good deeds with His Blessings and Rewards. Where else could all this be done? Who are you to abuse the world when it has openly declared its mortality and mortality of everything connected with it, when it has given everyone of its inhabitants to understand that all of them are to face death, when through its ways it has given them all an idea of calamities they have to face here, and through the sight of its temporary and fading pleasures it has given them glimpses of eternal pleasures of Paradise and suggested them to wish and work for the same. If you study it properly you will find that simply to warn and frighten you of the consequences of evil deeds and to persuade you towards good actions, every night it raises new hopes of peace and prosperity in you and every morning it places new anxieties and new worries before you. Those who passed such lives are ashamed of and repent the time so passed abuse this world. But there are people who will praise this world on the Day of Judgment that it reminded them of the Hereafter and they took advantage of these reminders. It informed them of the effects of good deeds and they made correct use of the information it advised them and they were benefited by its advice".

lol it isnt the fear of death that makes me say that but nice try imam ali

aerdil posted:
lol it isnt the fear of death that makes me say that but nice try imam ali

yes it is

atheism is a fear and denial of the reality of life and death

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
The entirety of late capitalist culture is built on death denial and it's no surprise that new atheism and its weird obsessions with freezing brains and living forever came with it

it always cracks me up how atheists will refuse to debate in good faith and accept the premises of religions that they allegedly refute or criticize. for example aerdil complaint about evil in the world as if this world is posited as the sole and final domain where justice plays out, as if the entire afterlife can simply be pushed out of the equation of divine justice. its like removing wings from a plane to argue that only birds can fly.

meanwhile, wild fantasies about how to manipulate this world are totally game and they eagerly debate one another about how best to coerce people into performing according to their visionary genius. White People Having Fun

and those atheists are dumb.

the state of the world is in direct contradiction with the concept of god as all-powerful, all-merciful, all-knowing. these are paradoxes that you can't overcome.

religion too is a fear of death, a denial of reality and reason. when you condemn atheism you are merely projecting the repressed underside of religion itself.

real atheism isn't an assertion that god is dead, but that God is unconscious.

aerdil posted:
and those atheists are dumb.

the state of the world is in direct contradiction with the concept of god as all-powerful, all-merciful, all-knowing. these are paradoxes that you can't overcome.

religion too is a fear of death, a denial of reality and reason. when you condemn atheism you are merely projecting the repressed underside of religion itself.

real atheism isn't an assertion that god is dead, but that God is unconscious.

oh ok thats pretty cool.

if this whole plane of reality is merely a test to suss out which of his/her creations are good or bad he/she certainly chose a most capricious ludicrous and pointless way to do so
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:
if this whole plane of reality is merely a test to suss out which of his/her creations are good or bad he/she certainly chose a most capricious ludicrous and pointless way to do so

its not. why do you feel qualified to judge things you dont understand. where is your humility and intellectual curiosity

these arguments basically come down to an appeal from ignorance which is something i find intrinsically Dumb

aerdil posted:
these arguments basically come down to an appeal from ignorance which is something i find intrinsically Dumb

no they dont

[account deactivated]
of course theres always belief and ideology but there are certain secular forms capable of logical consistency, which i've never found when thinking through theological arguments
who cares what those savages think, i want to know what gods done for me lately, and if possible, can he grant me eternal life, or at least, perhaps, a level of acceptance for me being dead, already

aerdil posted:
of course theres always belief and ideology but those things are capable of logical consistency, which i've never found when thinking through theological arguments

lol your arrogance on this subject is astounding

6. As to those who reject Faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe.

7. Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur).