it was good

glomper_stomper posted:

some parts are bad but some parts... are good

correction: all parts are good, some parts are gooder

i'm as shocked as anyone would be but michael cera was a highlight, i laughed so hard i had actual tears

neon joe werewolf hunter season hy-ump
[account deactivated]
The worst is whimsical cop TV like Brooklyn nine nine. Don't pretend like cops are goofy and loveable it's gross

karphead posted:

neon joe werewolf hunter season hy-ump

i am so behind the 8 ball on this, havent even seen s1. i think maybe jon glaser put me off a bit because i never really got into delocated but then his gear show was fucking great and either way i should be at least giving a shot to anything pffr-related

thats where you're wrong toyatothon, the media output of the ruling class is 100% cop shows, a pretend culture packaged and fed down to the first world labour aristocracy to pacify a class as culturally devoid as its ruling class masters because of its parasitic nature. as lenin wisely stated in 1916, "Imperialism is cop shows all along the line"
now back to watching anime, playing vidoe games and taking drugs
speaking of anime.. atom: the beginning is pretty fun
i watched Can Dialectics Break Bricks? which was fun

it also mentioned Wilhelm Reich alongside having illusions about Castro..? i dunno where they're coming from but am looking into it
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

i watched a popular documentary about trump's campaign adviser roger stone and no surprise i guess it's just liberals fixating on sleaze really

the one on netflix? i quite enjoyed that despite the general presentation and tone. stone is the quintessential american political player. it was hilarious when the liberal journalists are all "how terrible, a man like him believes there is nothing good or pure in our democracy" lololol

[account deactivated]
is that the guy with the paedophile island or someone else i can't keep these shitbags sorted out
[account deactivated]

chickeon posted:

is that the guy with the paedophile island or someone else i can't keep these shitbags sorted out

you're thinking of jeffrey epstein. roger stone wrote a bunch of stuff about bill clinton's ties to epstein which is ironic considering he used to boast about the 10:1 ratio of young girls to men at trump's florida pool parties

Belphegor posted:

The worst is whimsical cop TV like Brooklyn nine nine. Don't pretend like cops are goofy and loveable it's gross

i think it is funny despite its Problematic Elements, but they occasionally try to throw in some marginal references to other cops being racist or corrupt but it's still in the format of a sitcom where everyone is happy and everything is resolved at the end

i should write a thing about parks and rec for publication on the rhizzone

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

I agree.

Belphegor posted:

i think it is funny despite its Problematic Elements, but they occasionally try to throw in some marginal references to other cops being racist or corrupt but it's still in the format of a sitcom where everyone is happy and everything is resolved at the end

It's fine when it stays in silly land but yeah the episode where living cartoon seargent terry crews Experiences Racism is the most tone deaf shit I ever seen.

please do this.

[account deactivated]
I didn't get the gangster impression from stone's demeanor or line of questioning. it has the overall paradigmatic shortcomings you'd expect from being spearheaded by oliver stone/being marketed and sold to air on a premium cable network/etc, but it's probably the best platform that a western interviewer has ever been able to give putin to discuss geopolitics and world affairs as they relate to us-russia relations and us imperialism in general

which, granted, you could just read putin's valdai speeches, which are great, but there's no way your average liberal is going to do that
all this reminded me colbert had oliver stone on the other night to talk about this and i gotta say the tone of this interview makes me want to watch the putin thing
that video is sad
Post #666 snipe
didn't he also interview castro a bunch too but it never came out in wide release after sundance..? i've been meaning to watch that too

swampman posted:

that video is sad

colbert acting all magnanimous like the audience would tear stone's russia-loving ass limb from limb if he wasnt there to keep things cool

[account deactivated]
at the buzzfeed level of the press everyone is saying that that Oliver stone is either a dupe or a traitor & the whole program is a clever Slav plot.
Surely one-day this mass Russia delusion will feature prominently in the definitive post-mortem text on liberalism
[account deactivated]
Those god damn cyrillics are at it again
the fun part for me has been a renewed interest in Ames and Levine as two guys who butted heads with Putin appointees over obscenity standards spend all day telling liberals they're xenophobic idiots if they believe even a single shred of the accusations leveled against Putin
since cars brought up buzzfeed i have to mention this car wreck https://www.buzzfeed.com/hayesbrown/putins-big-press-conference-this-year-was-all-about-making
tldr some youtube rando yank asked putin a question about russophobia and he answered it during that live tv q&a thing he does. the youtube guy is obviously a wanker but this fucking article, my god

The exchange got us curious though. Who is this guy, we asked ourselves, who seemingly fits the mold of the Soviet-era concept of a "useful idiot," someone who promotes propaganda without being fully aware of it?
The phrase "useful idiot" may not actually have come from Lenin, but it's definitely Russian, and has seen a huge resurgence since the 2016 US election. Among those hit with the tag include Russia Today personalities like Sean Stone, the son of filmmaker Oliver Stone who, himself, just released a lengthy set of interviews with Putin and the president himself.

someone please make this mccarthyite shit end. will it ever end

slightly after the election i thought they were going to drop it. now i think they're going full steam with it until 2020 at least.
Theyre never going to stop till 2018 and probably not till 2020
Hillary Clinton will run again in 2020 if she isnt bedridden or dead.
So will Bernie Sanders
I'd never vote for him after how he treated his Brother.