i watched the putin interviews episode one (the phantom menace). it was all right! they lean a bit too much on the red-and-yellow pseudo-cyrillic typography but that's whatever. there's also a little bit of "he's sitting there pensively...... thinking about how to hack an election !!!" aesthetic chicanery but i expected worse really. stoked to watch the other 3hrs

Keven posted:

Hillary Clinton will run again in 2020 if she isnt bedridden or dead.

those aren't necessarily dealbreakers for her

roseweird posted:

i agree it's good platform but part of what makes it such good platform is putin comes off as reasonable, polite, gracious, and reluctant to take offense in face of some rude questions from some western filmmaker. that said i thought stone started out combative and tactless, though he got better as he continued, chilling out a lot by like 2/3 through the first part. also i didn't watch the colbert interview yet but despite his apparently supportive attitude there, a lot of the liberal reporting on stone's interviews seems to find validation for combative attitude, they see him as taking the fight to their enemy putin. kind of surprises me since stone identifies clinton as a neocon several times. some wapo writer accused him of humanizing dictator putin, some other liberals think he did good i guess.

i rewatched the first bit of it and i see what you mean. i wonder to what extent stone was trying to frost/nixon the series to be able to have it run on premium cable, which is kind-of irrelevant, but nevertheless. most of the press i've seen for it has been non-press, "oh look oliver stone is ~~being controverial~~ again", the same sort-of trivializing the opportunity for important points to become mixed up in the electorate's daily dose of surface politics etc.

and maaaan stephen colbert is just the fucking worst

space mutiny
you know, we're always laughing, you and me
where is the twin peaks thread. is this it. can this be it. who else is watching the greatest tv show
me. the new season is insanely good, exceeding even my most optimistic expectations
same. i love it so much. there's gonna be a screening of a new 4k restoration of FWWM near me soon and i'm extremely keen to go if i can find the $20
i am watching it, but really slowly like im in a desert and its the only water, which i am, and it is
someone please start a twin peaks thread, this season is so unbelievably good and by the end of it might be my favorite thing lynch has ever done
*referee throws arms above head* ITS GOOD
until this series, FWWM was my favourite lynch thing, but yeah, this is like the culmination of everything he's ever made including his commercials
spiderman homecoming spoilers: one of the worst parts of being on the left aside from being fired for posting a tweet is that there's other leftists around always Analyzing their takes from pop culture flotsam. Actually, is the vulture from spider man really worse than iron man because iron man also sells weapons and tried to make a kid into a vigilante? like hmmm did the vulture nearly sacrifice himself to save the whole planet from being enslaved by torture aliens? yeah if iron man killed that kid through negligence that would suck but you know what? i'm here at the poker table and the chips say i'm still up not being raped by ET
Iron man saved the whole planet from Mickey Rourke being a movie star again post The Wrestler so it's hard to argue he's not a true hero.
The vulture is just a regular Brooklyn knucklehead with a seventeen million dollar house and a 26 year old model daughter in high school. All he wants to do is put one play on without the Hulk (Edward Norton) and Gwen Stacey (Emma Stone) ruining it. His catchphrase is asking people if they're hungry and would like to get some nuts.
People getting mad at the Heroes is such a common trope in the genre meant to parallel criticism of police and troops but it's always completely nonsensical if looked at even slightly critically. Grainy video shows someone who looks like Superman robbing a bank and everyone immediately starts yelling rrrrarghf ban superman forever but in reality a troop kills 20 people for fun and it's all, now hold on a second, he had a mortgage
instead of watching the latest few episodes of twin peaks i instead watched "escape from LA" again, which im pretty sure is now my third favorite film
i'd love to know what your top 2 are (i enjoyed escape from la the one time i saw it but it was pretty forgettable imo)

also, please keep watching twin peaks because it sounds like you haven't seen ep8 yet and oh my goodness.
its pretty much the most absurd film ive ever seen, perfect in every way. The two greatest films of all time are obviously ginger snaps and ginger snaps 2.

i think im only as far as episode 5 of neo twin peaks but will maybe watch another episode today...

anarcho-primitivist snake plisskin destroys the world just because
i already rewatched ep8 shit owns

tears posted:

anarcho-primitivist snake plisskin destroys the world just because

nobody gives a fuck that doctor who is a woman stop trying to make it happen
incel with 50 followers: uhhhhh no slores in my doctor who (1 like, 1 rt)
obsessively searching tv blogger: unbeLIEVEable

i like jodie whittaker but not enough to watch a children's tv show about a alien
watchin a bbc doc on traders and it just had the juxtaposition of the voiceover saying the hedge fund industry is almost 4 billion dollars a year when a hedge fund manager gives a lottery ticket to her favorite beggar, who she gives a lottery ticket to everyday
thats pathological behaviour
I watched twin peaks up through the end of the laura palmer arc and it seemed like it was getting bad so i stopped watching and read thr wiki, which made the rest of season 2 look pretty bad. What should i skip to get to the new things?
watch the last ep of s2 and then the film (fire walk with me). you won't miss much that way imo. s2 does suck pretty bad after they solve laura's murder but that last ep is great because lynch took it over again for one last hurrah

chickeon posted:

i cant imagine rewatching that episode tbh

ilmdge posted:

chickeon posted:

i cant imagine wanting to watch anything else

ilmdge posted:

chickeon posted:

i plan to but havent worked up the spirit to do it yet.

honestly at this point i think im gonna wait til the run is finished then treat myself to blurays and rewatch the lot from the beginning. there's been a lot of little things ive missed just because i usually have to watch it while looking after a small child lol.

i found $20 tho and i have my ticket to see the FWWM 4k restoration in a few days. very excited

orphan black is the most go-nowhere television show that i have ever seen, and that is additionally incredible because after season 1 they gave up the mystery plot that most go-nowhere shows use as a crutch

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

the human race has been rendered sterile by a virus that passes by touch. the only hope for the human race lies in people who were not affected because they have not touched another human in at least five years. this summer, Michael Cera stars in : The NEET Shall Inherit the Earth

c_man posted:

I watched twin peaks up through the end of the laura palmer arc and it seemed like it was getting bad so i stopped watching and read thr wiki, which made the rest of season 2 look pretty bad. What should i skip to get to the new things?

do what petrol said, then watch fwwm, then watch the missing pieces, then you'll be ready to watch season 3

karphead posted:

c_man posted:

do what petrol said, then watch fwwm, then watch the missing pieces, then you'll be ready to watch season 3

yeah i forgot to say watch the missing pieces after you watch FWWM, at least these bits:
Buenos Aires / Above the Convenience Store
The Palmers
2 x 4
I'm the Muffin / The Ring
Epilogue

episodes 6, 7 and 8 just got better and better... i have no idea what the hell is going on and that is exactly as it should be, god's in his heaven, all s right with the world
glad you're catching up. episode 8 for me was really the one that put it over the top and into some kind of new art territory previously unexplored in the TV medium. 9 brings it a little back to earth and develops some major plot points while delivering a few big laughs. and that only brings us to the halfway point. what a time to be alive
the nuclear event unleashed BOB
i watched Catfight and it was interesting. recently rewatched like every Gus Van Sant movie too, my faves are Even Cowgirls Get the Blues and My Own Private Idaho. theres just something about the Western imagery paired with gay themes that lights my brain right up