"How lies have fed your legend, wedding!" - Voldemort, "Grundrisse der Kritik der Politischen Ökonomie"
i'm surprised that people think i'm particularly racist. there are many better-sourced reasons to be mad at me
most recently, your callous calls for the execution of millions of drug addicts and your support for duterte doing same
i'm racist for supporting a communist PoC? The Loony Left ladies and germs
no thats not racism thats a better reason to be mad at you
i guess thinking drug addicts are worthless garbage is a reason to get mad at me, in the same way one could get mad at me for stating that the sun is going to eventually explode or other demonstrable statements of unfortunate objective fact
the average person is essentially without value, i can't help but think that taking them and cramming in a necrotizing gluttony demon who is bad with money does little to improve that

edit: i feel like the only possible response to this is ifap, despite the fact that he will claim he was being ironic

Edited by drwhat ()

ghosts are real goatstein

tears posted:

ghosts are real goatstein

feck

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

i'm racist for supporting a communist PoC?

I guess you haven't been following the news and didn't read that Sakai essay

swampman posted:

i'm racist for supporting a communist PoC?

I guess you haven't been following the news and didn't read that Sakai essay

link

solzhesnitchin posted:

the sakai essay is absolutely phenomenal. idk what bhpn found shocking about it. i was nodding along so hard i could have broke my neck

i know these have already been posted, but if anyone hasn't read them both yet, go for it. required reading for the current situation imo:

Shock of Recognition.

2017 sakai interview

the average person is essentially without value,

not sure marx would agree with you on this, mate.

Petrol posted:

according to marx the average person would be worth the labor-time required to create them, which with an average sextime of 7 minutes and under the current minimum hourly wage would be approximately 85 cents.

i suppose you could add some of the pregnancy time, plus even the time and money spent educating and feeding the person, but then that would mean that the older a person is the more valuable they are. that's not my america
marxists believe in the new man and christians believe in forgiveness but admittedly goatstein is neither. that said i agree with the op. that said it seems impossible to ban twitter posting entirely, so i suggest condemning it to a thread in the faily planet and training repeat offenders to that forum.
the Institute now yields the floor for further discussion.

Petrol posted:

according to marx the average person would be worth the labor-time required to create them, which with an average sextime of 7 minutes and under the current minimum hourly wage would be approximately 85 cents.

God damn you are stupid as hell

And you. Yes you reading. Goatsten might be so stupid as tio cause extreme disbelief, but you let it happen. We are all toblame, but mostly goatstein
lol
the Twitter containment thread has been crafted in the barbaric no man's land of the Faily Planet subforum. use it or don't i don't give a fig!! May Pagan's light shine upon you all
i gave u threadmonitor so you can probate anyone who needlessm bumps these twitter threads simply to talk about twitter
The Institute extends its thanks to the regime and assures posters of its strict neutrality in cravenly abusing any and all power within its grasp.
can we go back to having goatstein banned or quarantined to the faily planet?
respectfully i ask that no action be taken that unnecessarily thins the already pathetic ranks of the Dad Krew.
anybody remember that classic parable where Goat says to Frog, "that guy sucks," and Frog says "ah but have you heard the doctrine of the New Soviet Scorpion"
i personally do not support the banning or limiting of tweet-sharing and if folks get obnoxious with it it's probably reasonable for a forum of this size to just tell them to knock it off

that said, if hating twitter is the majority position, i will uphold our line
drwhat, goatstein isnt being "ironic." he's a big time misanthropist. like tpaine he despises his fellow man. It is fine to punish him for this.
But also I think we can handle some shitty thinking here without fretting that it makes our forum unclean and fully banning people...that's what downvotes and probies and shit are for so everyone can see "Oh this guy calling drug addicts human garbage, his post is voted very negative, that type of thinking is frowned upon here"

ilmdge posted:

But also I think we can handle some shitty thinking here without fretting that it makes our forum unclean and fully banning people...that's what downvotes and probies and shit are for so everyone can see "Oh this guy calling drug addicts human garbage, his post is voted very negative, that type of thinking is frowned upon here"

i completely agree with this and i don't want to ban anyone forever, i have never actually ifapped anyone before because i think it is bullshit and i've railed against it a ton of times, it's just a lot of garbage posts in a row and spread throughout so many places. i appreciate a sufficient baseline of discord because it helps moves things forward most of the time but i think it should be above a certain (really pretty low) bar of not being completely shitty

free ghoststein
For the record I think goatst is a good poster, and funny, except for the wallowing in reactionary claptrap
on the other hand, posters like boourns should be permabanned for being both anticommunist and unfunny
i dont agree. people like that provide comic relief, to me,. If you think a trhead or post is particularly bad i can just trash it or / give thread monitor statues to anyeone, who seeks to preserve cmmunism in 2016
bad posters posting bad posts make good posters post good posts, let a thousand flowers bloom
I'll let goat out in a bit. I guess I violated my own idea of not moderating. I should probably disable that option for myself so I'm not tempted in the future
on the contrary. I had no idea goat was this far gone. its like weve been buffing up all these years to steal that fairy flute, and then suddenly they have confuse and berserk status and wont stop attacking black mage
I actually sympathize with Goatstein and the misanthropist position that humans are fucking assholes that treat people like shit and fuck everything up, because, come on, it's true. What he's missing is that people still have value, they may fail and be fuck ups and losers and many many people may suffer because of some real assholes out there... that's true and society has kept this trend ongoing for a long long time. Like for hundreds if not thousands of years. Shit wait what was my point

Uhh that doesn't mean we shouldn't care about other people. If you don't care about other people then you're a part of the problem. Folks are suffering, struggling with hunger or with addiction, if they steal they are not bad people. They are sufferers. We shouldn't hate them but we should acknowledge their weaknesses are our weaknesses and that we need to create a better world. It's easy to be pessimistic when looking at the world aorund us but it's not hopeless. Consider Cuba. Consider that the USSR ever existed. In the right society people can be better. Let's not hate people for their weakensses. Maybe it will happen in our lives
I hate to be a dweeb and quote a post somebody else made in another thread months ago, but while we are on the subject of empathy:

cars posted:

to get my little liberation theology deal in: this also means that each of us has to give a little and treat a reasonable amount of accommodation as a virtue to be pursued, as something rewarding that allows us to feel better about ourselves at the end of the day. We must strive to reach a state of contentment with our power to consider different backgrounds, not in the sense of check boxes or liberal buzz words but in our ability to ask and answer, "what actual events in personal history might lead this person on the other side of the debate, right or wrong, to their position?" and that means asking yourself and asking them too until you're able to do it well without help. That doesn't mean you don't draw the line somewhere or let in bourgeois decrepitude, but rather that you follow through on how others' attitudes reflect connections from your work together to greater society.

considering Kierkegaard on irony, a guy who is worth reading on the topic btw, i think Online-style irony and sarcasm and so on are actually neat and good for this purpose. As in, younger people i work with, who grew up with more of it around them 24/7, seem, on the whole, more able to roll their eyes and chuckle a little at groups or positions they consider a little ridiculous and then go ahead and work with those people anyway. They're better at it than i was at that age at least. This is i guess part of what i mean about cultivating a little personal cult of Santa Muerte in one's heart, like, these kids know they themselves have elements within themselves that they or anyone else could subject to the most gross and distorted loathing for days at a time, sins for whom the wage is death... so if they feel that way about allies on occasion, it's like... nbd. Everything is fucked, everybody sucks.