The part about your friends thinking you're like emotionless and immune to abuse
rung especially true with me. It's pretty common for me and my male friends to just shit on each other all the time. With my closest three or four friends we know where the line is and have enough mutual love, respect, and understanding to not hurt each other, but a lot of times with other 'friends' it's not so simple and can be painful. I've been thinking a lot lately about that and I guess it's sort of a way to fulfill masculine gender roles in crazy post-ironic American society - male friends insulting each other constantly in a 'playful' way which is really to demonstrate how unemotional and manly they are by standing up to the abuse and at the same time pad your self esteem by showing that 'words can never hurt you' and also insulting others, a common method for people to feel better about themselves.

It's all fun and games or whatever but it's also partly denying your emotional side as per the masculine gender roles we are supposed to follow - something that I think all intelligent men struggle with because we are complex emotional creatures with feelings but there's a very low threshold for how much we can express those feelings before being subjected to ridicule / looking 'weak.' We should be OK with being weak, but we can't be comfortable doing so - for example you don't feel comfortable actually bringing this up with your friends or posting it on facebook for that very reason.. and not because your'e afraid the people close to you would get mad or whatever but because you're already considering cutting ties with many of them...

As far as your relationship shit it seems like you have a lot of thinking to do and should obviously not continue seeing someone or anyone who you think is repugnant. And why is this other woman you say is an awful person more or less someone you think you 'might love?' That's some heavy / unhealthy shit right there, brah.
something that's helped me personally is undergoing a project to create space between my objective life bullet points (career, hobbies, personality traits etc) and the "person" (or lack thereof) that i feel myself to be. it's tempting to build yourself into someone that you ultimately fail at embodying. how does one humiliate a writer? you poke at his traumatic points that cause him to identify as a writer. how does one humiliate a bundle of useless thoughts, how does one terrorize nothingness? and yet, once configured in this manner, your neurons attain a level of the utmost conviction
Edit is post?

Edited by Lykourgos ()

animedad posted:
also wicker park sux, move to an irrelevant neighborhood

Yes but it's right next to ukrainian village, where you have to go grocery shopping to get aspic, caviar, and preserved garlic

aspic is fucking disgusting

DRUXXX posted:
i was gonna do a burn on bf 4 being ugly because of your post khamsek but i decided not to bc i luv u guyz

The true ownage is on her innit

wow fuck you, solid meat juices are delicious

babyfinland posted:

DRUXXX posted:
i was gonna do a burn on bf 4 being ugly because of your post khamsek but i decided not to bc i luv u guyz

The true ownage is on her innit

How are you finding our Fair ISle

jools posted:
wow fuck you, solid meat juices are delicious

sorry. im in mexico, my internet isnt so good. meat juice is cool

oh yeah give me extra fatty jerky and solid veal juices all day i am a disgusting goon *belch*

edit: honestly though I loooove morcilla so I'm not one to talk - i know lots of people find it to be disgusting

Edited by DRUXXX ()

The problem is they don't sell jellied eel, but a tongue aspic is good enough and I can pick up my caviar and black pudding at the same time

babyfinland posted:

DRUXXX posted:
for example you don't feel comfortable actually bringing this up with your friends or posting it on facebook for that very reason.. and not because your'e afraid the people close to you would get mad or whatever but because you're already considering cutting ties with many of them...

As far as your relationship shit it seems like you have a lot of thinking to do and should obviously not continue seeing someone or anyone who you think is repugnant. And why is this other woman you say is an awful person more or less someone you think you 'might love?' That's some heavy / unhealthy shit right there, brah.

yeah...

as for the relationship stuff, yeah, i don't know what to say about it or how to sufficiently explain it. right now i'm back in that mental space where i'm doubting the level to which i've been abused, and putting things back more on the level where it's my fault for "not knowing how to deal with her ego-centricity" or whatever. on one level she can be sweet and caring (in fits and starts), but at the same time she is easily the most self-absorbed girl i've ever known, maybe approaching the level of some kind of disgusting pathology. she enjoys being chased, she's an attention-vampire, she's testy and sassy to an offensive degree, and she's so cold for such great lengths of time that it feels like a miracle to get any bit of warmth out of her. i dont know, i really hate it... as i said, it pisses me off. if i were "healthy," of course, i'd just get the fuck away, because there is no way she is going to cut the bullshit or change in any way. we've had that discussion

Be a dick back, Lol
take her to the carnival win a prize and award it to the bustiest woman you can find
There's really no way for you to resolve this without letting her go. You could have her, you could keep her phantom (the most important part), or you could just annihilate her, but the only to get to any of these is by resolving this gridlock. Ya have to let it go. She likes the chase? Let her chase

Crow posted:

There's really no way for you to resolve this without letting her go. You could have her, you could keep her phantom (the most important part), or you could just annihilate her, but the only to get to any of these is by resolving this gridlock. Ya have to let it go. She likes the chase? Let her chase

tanzanian devil jools nyerereere
do white cismale first world feminist allies have an obligation to subsume their patriarchal desire for an emotionally fulfilling relationship based on currently extant set of neuroses/preferences that may be built on traditional gender roles (e.g. caring/nurturing woman), OR to subsume/repress currently extant preferences in an effort to subvert those gender roles through pursuit of their dialectical negation (e.g. cold/aggressive woman)

jools posted:
Be a dick back, Lol

oh, i am man, i'm not an Idiot! but there comes a point where the game is just stupidly abusive and pointless, and that point was crossed long, long ago

gyrofry posted:
do white cismale first world feminist allies have an obligation to subsume their patriarchal desire for an emotionally fulfilling relationship based on currently extant set of neuroses/preferences that may be built on traditional gender roles (e.g. caring/nurturing woman), OR to subsume/repress currently extant preferences in an effort to subvert those gender roles through pursuit of their dialectical negation (e.g. cold/aggressive woman)

um i'm pretty sure that making choices or whatever based a dichotomy like that (caring/nurturing vs. aggressive/driven) is what you would call... uh... not being a feminist ally - the end goal of feminism being equality w/r/t men and women's abilities to choose to be as caring, driven, aggressive, or nurturing as they want to be in any combination they desire?

tpaine posted:
"they're all phonies," as caulfield said.

scandalizing indictment of the iPhone crowd...?

DRUXXX posted:

gyrofry posted:

um i'm pretty sure that making choices or whatever based a dichotomy like that (caring/nurturing vs. aggressive/driven) is what you would call... uh... not being a feminist ally - the end goal of feminism being equality w/r/t men and women's abilities to choose to be as caring, driven, aggressive, or nurturing as they want to be in any combination they desire?

of course the question is predicated upon the notion that such preferences have an origin in neurosis rather than emotionless analysis of what a rational actor feminist ally would do.

[account deactivated]
Francisco Danconia - not really the freedom-loving pirate that Ayn Rand would have you believe, but rather an oppressive tool of the Patriarchy? something to thinkiaabout.
[account deactivated]

germanjoey posted:

tpaine posted:
"they're all phonies," as caulfield said.

scandalizing indictment of the iPhone crowd...?

indeed. "What is old has become new."

[account deactivated]
'gifted' meaning u got it because of your cisprivilege, you bigot?!?!? :twisted:
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
this is sort of related but I got gifted a membership to the british museum and went to see the grayson perry exhibition and it owned so much

get this crusty, dusty, musty museum talk out of my thread. this is your last warning, next time is probation

By the way, Impper, have you considered suicide and / or threatening suicide to get your friends to treat you better??
(i just wanted an excuse to post this video)
sweet song. and yes, i have considered suicide, but not for the benefit of them, those Fuckers!! Fuck them!!!
i was really hungover the other day and i didn't have anything to do but i couldnt go back to sleep bc i was real dehydrated and uncomfortable with no money to buy weed. in that moment i contemplated suicide bc it seemed better than sitting on the couch watching terrible tv and feeling like i was gonna puke all day
yea those are the worst kinds of days. despite drinking a ton yesterday i've felt good all day now, but i'm beginning to nod off ahe

Impper posted:

discipline posted:
this is sort of related but I got gifted a membership to the british museum and went to see the grayson perry exhibition and it owned so much

get this crusty, dusty, musty museum talk out of my thread. this is your last warning, next time is probation

u belong in a museum, at the pomo exhibit of losers.

discipline posted:

did u find where marx used to sit

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]