Peelzebub posted:

anyway, good to hear you're getting through the psych rotation alright. a lot of nursing school people i know just finished their psych rotations recently and they were extremely overwhelmed with having to deal with it.

i don't know how you all can handle the psychiatric patients all day long. not even interacting with them, i get very anxious when they are in the room going on about doing whatever their "thing" is.

psych is actually pretty cool and has been a totally eye-opening experience for me... I used to think that mental illness is just, like, an idea, maaan. but actually being on the floor and interacting with patients I realized how sick these people are and how much they're suffering. I really haven't had much trouble working with patients, but i guess reading this forum has gotten me used to interacting with psychotic people on a regular basis

the hardest thing for me to deal with is actually the mental health system rather than the patients. the system in virginia (not to mention the US as a whole) is catastrophically fucked and seeing it from the inside is really depressing, it is failing so many people. i'd never want to work in psych because so much of it is policy-dependent and even more tied up in an immoral system than the rest of medicine in this country

oh man, i had one of those moments just the other day. the emergency physician walks into where they keep the psych patients and goes to this one person who voluntarily came in looking for help. they are tearful, upset, etc. etc.

the physician asks a few orientation questions and the person starts to say that they would rather leave. the doctor immediately turns away and walks towards the nurse, telling them to put the patient on a psychiatric hold. P.S. the psychiatric health center that they transfer them to is owned by the same company as the hospital lol.

I suppose it doesn't sound that bad now typing it all out, but I'm just really suspicious of everything that goes on in a private hospital. fuck me that i have to work in one of the few privately owned ones in this country.
[account deactivated]
i heard they use a pedometer to make sure you're fit for the british parliament

conec posted:

anyone use a pedometer / fitness tracker?

i can't really type anything detailed atm, but if you want to really track calories, get a heart rate monitor with a chest sensor and use the calorie track feature they have. I always subtract like 150 from that to compensate for error / basal metabolism.

my knowledge of physiology has expanded like 100 x recently, so I can answer any sort of basic thing you're interested in (muscles, nerves, metabolism, heart, etc.) with good accuracy i think. Not pathology or anything, just "how it works."

RedMaistre posted:

Arguing out in the open is actually good, imo.

this feckless attack on democratic centralism will not stand

so what happened to impper? he got a girlfriend so now he just plays hearthstone all day with her and completely dropped marxism? is this what is in store for all of us if we ever find love?
i recently got promoted to foreman. i'm young and inexperienced for the role, and didn't even really want it, but our industry is booming right now so it's kind of a rare opportunity to move up quickly.

it's a lot more stressful than i expected. i'm basically replacing a highly experienced guy who has been the foreman at this company since it started, but who has had a lot of fuck ups, some weird mood disorder issues and is generally disliked by the owners and the workers. he's being demoted and possibly fired, but i still have to work with him on certain sites and it's awkward as hell. there's pressure for me to assert dominance over him in some sort of alpha dog showdown, but now that i'm in his position i can't help but empathize with him. i'm really hoping he just quits
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:

he got a girlfriend and completely dropped marxism? is this what is in store for all of us if we ever find love?

yes, of course.

solzhesnitchin posted:

i recently got promoted to foreman. i'm young and inexperienced for the role, and didn't even really want it, but our industry is booming right now so it's kind of a rare opportunity to move up quickly.

it's a lot more stressful than i expected. i'm basically replacing a highly experienced guy who has been the foreman at this company since it started, but who has had a lot of fuck ups, some weird mood disorder issues and is generally disliked by the owners and the workers. he's being demoted and possibly fired, but i still have to work with him on certain sites and it's awkward as hell. there's pressure for me to assert dominance over him in some sort of alpha dog showdown, but now that i'm in his position i can't help but empathize with him. i'm really hoping he just quits

Unsolicited advice: ignore the pressure to assert dominance, and try hard to tolerate xher and make an explicit arrangement: xhe helps you learn to do xher old job, and you look after xher. If your bosses ask about xher, tell them you want to do really well at your job and that xhe is a valuable resource despite all xher personal problems. In the long term, you can find out if xhe is a candidate tHE r H i z z o n E poster, and potentially assist xher in smashing the state.

conec posted:

solzhesnitchin posted:

assert dominance over him in some sort of alpha dog showdown

did somebody say alpha DOG?????????????????

Woof woof ~!

bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark

who is your daddy and what does he do
Yeah

getfiscal posted:

aerdil posted:

he got a girlfriend and completely dropped marxism? is this what is in store for all of us if we ever find love?

yes, of course.

dang, its True.

aerdil posted:

so what happened to impper? he got a girlfriend so now he just plays hearthstone all day with her and completely dropped marxism? is this what is in store for all of us if we ever find love?

if you want to watch a once proud man talk about dragons for hours: follow, subscribe and share at http://www.twitch.tv/thepidgn

elemennop posted:

aerdil posted:

if you want to watch a once proud man talk about dragons for hours: follow, subscribe and share at http://www.twitch.tv/thepidgn

From Nietzsche to Hearthstone

My friend just sent me this

"getfiscal liked your Tweet
30m: Anyone else a huge nursery rhyme fanatic

my donald trap was a huge success"

Double poste

Edited by Gibbonstrength ()

swampman posted:

tell them you want to do really well at your job

if i ever said something that gay to my bosses i'd probably get fired on the spot

solzhesnitchin posted:

swampman posted:

tell them you want to do really well at your job

if i ever said something that gay to my bosses i'd probably get fired on the spot

I trust you to translate that into heterolexical. "I balls deep want to date rape this drunken whore of a cutthroat business position, that's why I'm blackout and keeping this old pervert around like the Weezer Blue Album" maybe

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Today's ‪FF15‬ rally was great, large turnout, and mostly nonunion members. Then local city council class traitor David Alvarez got up and said we should support an 11/hr wage instead. Some comrades started a 'What do we want? 15 Now!' call + response during a lull in his speech. We'll be talking to the couple of organizers we know personally in order to sufficiently shame them.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
berlin owns
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
alternatively: cuban medical school

conec posted:

anyone use a pedometer / fitness tracker?

my pedometer is off the charts reading your posts

patrice lumumba university
Applying for a cushy job with a non-profit I've snubbed real hard in the past, here's hoping they have a short memory