My union kind of sucks . And everyone I work with is non union but still makes a billion dollars because federal jobs have insane mandated wages ftw
[account deactivated]
Isn't everyone here a post grad super white how come nobody has an actual job like that you can work at and live in a manner befitting two thousand dollar pants.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
get a real job
wow America sucks, i start uni again in two weeks and in between government student support and me working 15 hours a week doing delivery shifts i'm gonna be still earning about 30k/y
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

yeah but again, how much of that is part of the antivenom budget

that doesn't include the AV allowance

[account deactivated]
Mc Donald's doesn't fucking matter. Payday lending matters, credit cards matter, home and car loans matter. Making cheap plentiful food for the masses is a noble sacrifice
ehhehe the "masses"
i love to eat at McDonalds
Getting massyer by the burger

M3w: 'labor' eats burgers while 3rdworld children get hot poison lunch

babyfinland posted:

ehhehe the "masses"

this guy knows all about "masses" or should i say massive as in being massive

McDs are the biggest restaurant in the world and employ the most people. So raising wages effects them the most.

"McDonald’s Profit Rises, but Year-Over-Year Sales Fall"(article in NYtimes)

McDs makes 7 bill in profit. That is after costs are taken out.(definition of profit)

With all that profit they have investing power, with which to stimulate the economy(provide money to specific sectors)

This could be a metaphor for America.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

harass posted:

hey that is informative. So mcdonald’s won't be supersizing paychecks any time soon then.
i'm gonna get shot down here but i have to ask. doesn’t a lot of the fault lie with the consumers? i mean it is people buying their products that provides the wages. i’m assuming that the average micky-d’s customer doesn’t care what gmo’s and additives they put into their bodies and would be pissed off if the dollar menu went bye-bye and a $2 menu was installed.
i know it is immensely more complicated than with things like 1. subsidies. 2. subsides. 3. subsidies...must be the free market (lolz) etc but at the end of the day it just seems like most people want their cheap, shitty food.

no, because marketing works. that's a pretty cool sense of revulsion toward the working class you have there, tho

tpaine posted:

discipline posted:

it's better for them to get PT employees. they are less likely to organize because you move their shifts around each other, you save on health insurance and also the government subsidizes them with food stamps so they don't die so fast

yeah, they basically want managers to hire a lot of people and not give them any hours, i think technically it's not even considered part time if you don't go over 30 or hours a week, not sure if that's a law or a company thing

we had to hire a bunch of seasonal help at one job because they wouldn't let the existing cashiers go over their usual ~20 hours, we had to hire so many that some of them only worked like 4 shifts. i never even met one lady we hired and i'm full time

do you still have to make student loan payments lol

slumlord posted:

harass posted:

hey that is informative. So mcdonald’s won't be supersizing paychecks any time soon then.
i'm gonna get shot down here but i have to ask. doesn’t a lot of the fault lie with the consumers? i mean it is people buying their products that provides the wages. i’m assuming that the average micky-d’s customer doesn’t care what gmo’s and additives they put into their bodies and would be pissed off if the dollar menu went bye-bye and a $2 menu was installed.
i know it is immensely more complicated than with things like 1. subsidies. 2. subsides. 3. subsidies...must be the free market (lolz) etc but at the end of the day it just seems like most people want their cheap, shitty food.

no, because marketing works. that's a pretty cool sense of revulsion toward the working class you have there, tho

class conscious bootstraps, motherbitch

discipline posted:

Keven posted:

Isn't everyone here a post grad super white how come nobody has an actual job like that you can work at and live in a manner befitting two thousand dollar pants.

yes but I'm a woman

good catchphrase

[account deactivated]
employees at washington heights mcdonalds just went on strike because they have no air conditioning in the washington highs mcdonald

discipline posted:

Keven posted:

yes but I'm a woman

so feeling entitled to $2000 pants is just inborn in that case rather than a class issue is that your point

swampman posted:

employees at washington heights mcdonalds just went on strike because they have no air conditioning in the washington highs mcdonald

tell news 4

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

Now, more than ever, "Tom"

i bet <1% of all Cathy strips pass the bechdel test

ack!
[account deactivated]
My work trucks got a camera when you back up that appears in the rear view wind shield like magic and built in hands free cell phone because I'm important and need to talk to people a lot. But I have to steal pencils.
[account deactivated]
Well, ok.
[account deactivated]

Keven posted:

i do, technically

i g et paid ok
there was some sort of UN job goin in nyc a while back that i liked the sound of but nyc and "america" seem scarey imo