get it off get it off get it off lol *wipes off my bushy prez clean* do u like that mr prez
[account deactivated]
someone get slashie here. confront privilege at its seat, the rhizzone
[account deactivated]
actually her confrontational style would fit in p well..... safe spaces are cool but if you want to carry out positive change you need to step outside them.... basic maoist strategy slashie. come post at the rhizzone
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
can ppl stop linking that stupid youtube video pls, the one i downvoted
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

animedad posted:
fiction is really cool, you should read it sometime

i'll scope it out some time. catch ya later

hey thomas paine can you change your 'tar, that scares me
[account deactivated]
tpaine came to my wedding a few weeks ago and insisted on singing that moves like jagger song but he kept singing "he's got boobs like jabba" and i was like dude come on and he did it five times (five songs)
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:
it would be awesome if slashie posted here though

nah

futurewidow posted:

quoting supreme ownage

don't think impper will be showing his face around here anymore after this one
i've showed my face many times in this thread you idiot

gyrofry posted:

deadken posted:

nah

uh yeah? if she didnt have the Moderation Apparatus behind her she could be a fun + entertaining posting pal. tHE r H i z z o n E: a place for the insane

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Impper posted:

OH! well you got me there lmao!

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
why? does every characteristic of literature have to be redeemable in a post-60s leftist academia milieu type setting or is it not OK to enjoy the bad parts about things?

Yeah it's this that's turning me away from, for want of a better phrase, cultural marxism......

deadken posted:

gyrofry posted:

deadken posted:

nah

uh yeah? if she didnt have the Moderation Apparatus behind her she could be a fun + entertaining posting pal. tHE r H i z z o n E: a place for the insane

mm i doubt it, there's only room for one shrill harpy here

its me, im the shrill harpy. KAW KAW
ya thug lessons is sufficient
Houellebecq is really the writer of modern malaise and western male intellectual depression. You just hope for him to learn that he can be a good man and there are women to love, and the world isn't so bad, as long as we don't all die of drought related famines. It's okay Michel, we can all be healed.

But that's also cruel of me to think, and he does a good job of writing SDFSDF style truths. Still, if youre' not depressed it's hard to care. Sort of like watching seul contre tous and similar movies and reading books of male frustrated depression. it makes you hope for a better mental health program, or a new cultural renaissance that can let these people feel important and needed in a shitty neoliberal hell

Myfanwy posted:
Houellebecq is really the writer of modern malaise and western male intellectual depression. You just hope for him to learn that he can be a good man and there are women to love, and the world isn't so bad, as long as we don't all die of drought related famines. It's okay Michel, we can all be healed.

But that's also cruel of me to think, and he does a good job of writing SDFSDF style truths. Still, if youre' not depressed it's hard to care. Sort of like watching seul contre tous and similar movies and reading books of male frustrated depression. it makes you hope for a better mental health program, or a new cultural renaissance that can let these people feel important and needed in a shitty neoliberal hell

mmm fer sure. it's exactly like you say though, it's a modern, wealthy man's malaise and I can't bring myself to give a shit. man's depression has been trotted out in a million different ways and labeled definitive, when in reality it's the destructive whining of privileged little shits who can only exist because they live, parasite-like, off of women.

if they are miserable then let them die, the sooner the better. end the dictatorship of masculinity, the sickness of man will infect us all if we're not careful.

hahahah

Impper posted:

post your picture. let's see your fits. let's see what hairstyle you're rocking now.

how would you describe your fashion style, in 3 words of less.

i wonder sometimes if the destructive privilege thing is better than constructive privilege though. most earnest people think that their action is going to matter. well, people that have some fidelity to truth know that this is often bullshit, they're not doing 'the right things', hence the depressive loop of action-inaction. so what do you do? you can sidestep your depression and work the way you know how, knowing full well that, individual epiphany aside, you're probably doing the wrong things or else doing nothing at all.

i see houellebecq as a guy that creates a fictional world in which truthful action and finding one's own place is downright impossible. this premise is scary as fuck, and obviously resonates with a lot of the insecurities of young rhizzoners who, like me, have a grim view of the world and haven't yet found a way to make an impact aside from reading/writing. i mean, we're all posting on the internet a lot right? that's not exactly the mark of a well lived life. something's afoot, and i think houellebecq describes it well.

Rise Against Swag
jools, are there any british libertarians and most importantly is there a pro ron paul movement in britain?
yeah i have one on facebook

the reason infinite jest is a good book is because it is basically that privileged male depresso genre but it situates it within a) family b) institutional structures and c) class in a way that is refreshing. the end of the book is pretty controversial (in the sense that some love it some hate it) but i think it's a great redeeming work of Sad Rich Guy novels