why is your response to everything to be "Im gonna write ___"

why do you assume anyone cares what you have to say. are you a special snowflake babby kenny
coincidentally that's what the examiner wrote on ken's cambridge admission essay. 300% true
Post your writing. Stop whining like man child
perform masculinity by refraining from whining
Stop whining ken. it'll close up your release valve, and you'll explode. a proper transformation. silence will shatter the deadlock
OFF THE MAP

littlegreenpills posted:
coincidentally that's what the examiner wrote on ken's cambridge admission essay. 300% true

oxford actually but yeah. other comments included 'while your assertion that the rector of baliol college is a 'field/texture of anuses' is interesting, it is also patently untrue' and 'historical evidence does not support the claim that ezra pound ever piloted a star destroyer'

"Essentially, he argues that contemporary sexuality, though it sails under the colors of liberation and left-ish utopia, is just a continuation of the capitalist, neoliberal market, in which there are always winners and losers. His male characters, by and large, are the losers."

thats the overarching idea i got from the elementary particles, and there's some discussion to be had there. read houellebecq, even if u despise him, he'll bring up some interesting thoughts about contemporary society

star destroyers dont have pilots they have crews GOD

aerdil posted:

"Essentially, he argues that contemporary sexuality, though it sails under the colors of liberation and left-ish utopia, is just a continuation of the capitalist, neoliberal market, in which there are always winners and losers. His male characters, by and large, are the losers."

thats the overarching idea i got from the elementary particles, and there's some discussion to be had there. read houellebecq, even if u despise him, he'll bring up some interesting thoughts about contemporary society

well argued, friend.

also james wood lol (just lol)

aerdil posted:

lmao poor men

i'd completely forgotten how houellebecq treats women in his novels, they're killed off wantonly when they've outlived their usefulness

Groulxsmith posted:
i fuck a lot of women and do third world drugs and embrace casual misogyny but i do so only to highlight the contradictions of late capitalism or something

you know i'm sorry for being cross with you i was mad at something you'd said earlier. i'd like to qft

also aerdil those thoughts are not so much interesting as blindingly obvious to anyone capable of critical thinking
why not out-houllebecq houllebecq and realize that your own deep and abiding preoccupation with sexual intercourses makes you Part of the Problem. but not in a major or direct way. consider how the Campaign For Real Ale has played into the hands of capitalist aggrandization of the brewing industry

babyfinland posted:
also james wood lol (just lol)

yeah james wood, liberal and of the new criticism school, amazingly isnt too fond of houellebecq; i didnt post the article to express my agreement of it, but because its interesting to read the cultural elite opinion of the dude and theres a few nuggets of interest there

futurewidow posted:
also aerdil those thoughts are not so much interesting as blindingly obvious to anyone capable of critical thinking

of course but how much modern lit. actually delves into it critically without embodying or at least heavily favoring the liberal perspective?

futurewidow posted:

but its a french guy saying it so now it's available for debate and discourse within the imperialist liberal circuits, So It Actually Matters Now Gywanoooo

i'm a feminist and i liek to read houellebecq. deal with it. sexhavers.

aerdil posted:

futurewidow posted:

of course but how much modern lit. actually delves into it critically without embodying or at least heavily favoring the liberal perspective?

who cares

sum1 can be a good author and write thought-provoking words and still have a terrible ideology, be a misogynist, and an overall Bad person
actually camra is just the beverage wing of the bnp

aerdil posted:
i'm a feminist and i liek to read houellebecq. deal with it. sexhavers.

Upvoted that review because i agree with famous white supremacist liberal, and imperialist, james wood of the new criticism school, and i havent read houellebecq

aerdil posted:
sum1 can be a good author and write thought-provoking words and still have a terrible ideology, be a misogynist, and an overall Bad person

someone can also be a nihilist and not actually be relevant or insightful. sorry bub.

yeah all things said and done its not a bad review

babyfinland posted:

aerdil posted:

someone can also be a nihilist and not actually be relevant or insightful. sorry bub.

if theyre alive theyre relevant, and if they say something (or if they dont) then theyre insightful, you just gotta know how to read it

Like, for example, i read everything babyfinland posts in an alternatingly-smarmy, alternatingly-hysterical tone. I am insighted & an endless chicket bucken appears beforest me

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

aerdil posted:

if theyre alive theyre relevant, and if they say something (or if they dont) then theyre insightful, you just gotta know how to read it

i just reject french writers out of hand, pretty insightful myself, if i dont say so myself.

racist.

babyfinland posted:

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

aerdil posted:

i just reject french writers out of hand, pretty insightful myself, if i dont say so myself.

very insiteful raceism

o haha what a fool is me i meant to add unless its translated into english, because i dont read french so good! ha ha! now who is the racist.
^^ Kinda fucked up but it made me think, we should consider the reactionary ideas and intellectuals closely, and take them seriously, like nietzsche, burke, schmitt, (possibly) houellebecq, so that we could be more-conservative-than-thou against the reactionaries, to pull the emergency break on history, and prevent the annihilation of humanity. in tpaine's terms, "bar tom from the buffet," an impossible task! That is the most realistic

Crow posted:
^^ Kinda fucked up but it made me think, we should consider the reactionary ideas and intellectuals closely, and take them seriously, like nietzsche, burke, schmitt, (possibly) houellebecq, so that we could be more-conservative-than-thou against the reactionaries, to pull the emergency break on history, and prevent the annihilation of humanity. in tpaine's terms, "bar tom from the buffet," an impossible task! That is the most realistic

well yeah. i mean they are just parasites, claiming perversely that they defend and rever what they exploit and destroy. so do we run away and leave the sacred things to the vultures, or do we reclaim our property. the liberal accepts the conservative's argument and flees into the ivory tower. the conservative understands the world more accurately but in a fundamentally upsdie-down way. so dont do that, either one of those ,thhey are bad

my liberal roommate had a facebook argument with some libertarian ron paulite type of dude and the former finally said, "As is typically the case, debating with Ideologues produces no results."

took all my will power to not post and inform him that liberal hegemony isn't "post-ideological" lmao

aerdil posted:
my liberal roommate had a facebook argument with some libertarian ron paulite type of dude and the former finally said, "As is typically the case, debating with Ideologues produces no results."

took all my will power to not post and inform him that liberal hegemony isn't "post-ideological" lmao

why didnt u

[account deactivated]
I have no time for those pompous imbeciles
Who go into ecstasies before bunnies’ burrows
Because nature is ugly, tedious and hostile;
It has no message to transmit to humans.

How pleasant, at the wheel of a powerful Mercedes,
To drive through solitary and grandiose places;
Subtly manipulating the gearstick.
You dominate the hills, the rivers, and all things.

The forests, so close, glitter in the sun
And seem to reflect ancient knowledges;
In the depths of their valleys must lie such marvels,
After a few hours you are taken in;

Leaving the car, the irritations begin;
You stumble into the middle of a repugnant mess,
An abject universe, deprived of all meaning
Made of stones and brambles, flies and snakes.

You miss the parking-lots and the smell of petrol,
The serene, gentle glint of the nickel counters;
It’s too late. It’s too cold. The night begins. The forest enfolds you in its cruel dream.

Edited by babyfinland ()

[account deactivated]
lol lemme just read The New Yorker. yeah.