"got rich on his own"
what is this horse hockey, gender warfare?
heehaw http://exiledonline.com/max-blumenthal-progressive-democratic-hero-elizabeth-warren-enlists-to-serve-aipacs-pro-war-agenda/
I really could care less if she turned out to be a hawk -why people hate liberals
phil ochs put it best as usual; ten degrees to the left of center when its convenient and ten degrees right of center when it affects them personally
read this opening paragraph of warren's recent op-ed

just... it's great

The law applies to everyone. Wall Street protesters should be held accountable if they engage in illegal activity — and so should Wall Street banks. There is no excuse for protesters to violate public safety laws — and no excuse for powerful financial institutions to defraud their customers or investors.
The law applies to everyone. Civil rights protesters should be held accountable if they engage in illegal activity — and so should the KKK. There is no excuse for protesters to violate public safety laws — and no excuse for powerful white supremacist institutions to discriminate and lynch.
Early on March 1st, 2012, American D&D liberals awake en masse and realize that financial regulations might have largely been followed during the banking crisis and that no simple regulatory change would have prevented the problems and will never prevent capitalism from experiencing deep and terrible crises.

getfiscal posted:
Early on March 1st, 2012, American D&D liberals awake en masse and realize that financial regulations might have largely been followed during the banking crisis and that no simple regulatory change would have prevented the problems and will never prevent capitalism from experiencing deep and terrible crises.

the onion should have it's own thread imo

oh yeah warren's "fair taxation" plan consists in raising the top rate from 35% to 39.6%, which is already an obama policy.

getfiscal posted:
oh yeah warren's "fair taxation" plan consists in raising the top rate from 35% to 39.6%, which is already an obama policy.

didn't she get shitcanned by the 'bamer because she was dangerously liberal? i don't remember, i can't honestly pay attention to anyone who has such bad hair as she does.

AmericanNazbro posted:

getfiscal posted:

didn't she get shitcanned by the 'bamer because she was dangerously liberal? i don't remember, i can't honestly pay attention to anyone who has such bad hair as she does.

another dimension is added to the progressive chess match endgame... will be interested to see how this eventual political capital is distributed #p2

possible headline: Warren Beatified
she was a republican before 1995 according to wikipedia
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i was a republican prior to 1995 because being republican is innate to human nature though some children inevitably become tempted to stray from human nature due to the influence of the muslims and communists
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
when tom was 15 he successfully sued his parents in state court to allow him to eat as much as he wants in defiance of state suicide prevention laws, which caused a five year legal battle around a patch-up law called "tom's law". tom's law was ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court in 2009 and the state has since given up and signed a deal to use tom's waste as biofuel. tom thinks this means he has to constantly be eating corn but in reality it doesn't matter.
tom tried to trademark the word "shart" and the documents he submitted to the government were so offensive that he was required to spend 17 days in jail under statutes protecting employees from harrassment

Brown Moses, I applaud you for what you are doing here.

At this point, I cannot believe anything other than the fact that Assad is a cartoonish villian who would literally be twirling his moustache if it were just a bit longer. The depths of evil he is perpetrating against his own countrymen is appalling, and I simply do not see how he can personally justify it in his mind. Is he just a complete sociopath? Or is he deluded into believing that things would be so bad without him in power that the slaughter of children is the preferable solution?

This just baffles me.

liberalism.txt

taht has gotta be a troll
the poll for that thread is the best part. theyre so ideologically guided by the status quo that its not even if a question /if/ western powers should intervene but to what extent

aerdil posted:
the poll for that thread is the best part. theyre so ideologically guided by the status quo that its not even if a question /if/ western powers should intervene but to what extent

My political geography teacher just assigned my class the task of advising Obama as to what we should do about Syria using our knowledge of geopolitics. I'm at a lost with what we should do in the middle east. It's like all of our options with both Iran and Syria are limited and not in anyone's favor.
18 hours ago · Like

why choose? shock AND awe
i looked at revleft for the first time the other day, clicked on a thread and saw 'its racist to spell america with a k, change it or i'll report you' and immediately closed the window.

Guy responsible for company with $200B market cap: $35M.
Guy who cleans the toilets at the local Walmart: minimum wage.

I know Reddit gets up and arms about this kind of stuff, but people are paid for responsibility. If guy who cleans toilets screws up, you have shit-filled toilets at one Walmart. If guy who runs the company screws up, 2 million+ employees have their livelihood threatened. It's not even apples and oranges. It's like apple seed versus all the orange orchards in the world.

When I worked for minimum wage bussing tables I was perfectly happy to have that job. I never once thought it was wrong that the owner of the chain made more than me. And I'll never believe that it's morally wrong that someone could have so much more than I do.
The whole "Citizens United is good for politicians" argument is hilarious. Think through your own logic - the larger fundraiser wins. Citizens United is, on net, at best egalitarian between parties. Incumbents generally don't worry about primaries - they worry about generals far more, and in the general, one side is definitely not going to be happy with CU. Or possibly both sides, since everyone thinks the other side benefits more (corporations vs. labor unions, basically).

Or, if you want to be cynical about it - CU looks bad. It makes it look like politicians can be bought. This gives rise to dissatisfaction with the system, which is the last thing that incumbents want. They could win elections with the fundraising limits they had. Think of it as regulatory capture - they were already writing the campaign finance restrictions that had the best shot of making sure they stayed in office, why in the world would they want to throw it open? Yes, they love money, but they love money on their terms.
my job: cleaning toilets at the Local Wal Mart
also meursault i agree on all counts
my obamafailure roommate thinks politicians dont want CU because they always complain about how they just hate fundraising so much and would rather be legislating for the glory of this great country!
In my family, the iPad is already outnumbered 3-2 by Android tablets.
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:
my obamafailure roommate thinks politicians dont want CU because they always complain about how they just hate fundraising so much and would rather be legislating for the glory of this great country!

well this is probably true because politicians are amoral sociopaths who regard people as meatsacks who occasionally carry wallets. thankfully they can just hire the services of bundlers to do all that messy interacting-with-the-common-folk for them

So what's the ideal end game for the US here in your opinion?

Obviously global imperialism. :tinfoil:

Uganda doesn't have anything of worth aside from human rights violations and malaria.