iFederico posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
And yes pretty much all “space enthusiasts” are genocidal murderers because they constantly express a desire for the world’s wealth to go towards playing galactic tonka trucks than fixing issues like infant mortality and such.

people dying of hunger isn't a problem of lack of resources but of allocation of resources. we could fix world hunger and still send man to mars - if space travel and the quest to understand the universe don't fascinate you you are a hollow shell of a man

Au contraire, it is space enthusiasts who show the real coldness and lack of humanity. More concerned with running away from problems than learning how to construct a better planet.

What about subatomic particles... those are cool and there are plenty of them right here on earth.

iFederico posted:

And yes pretty much all “space enthusiasts” are genocidal murderers because they constantly express a desire for the world’s wealth to go towards playing galactic tonka trucks than fixing issues like infant mortality and such.

people dying of hunger isn't a problem of lack of resources but of allocation of resources. we could fix world hunger and still send man to mars - if space travel and the quest to understand the universe don't fascinate you you are a hollow shell of a man

Au contraire, it is space enthusiasts who show the real coldness and lack of humanity. More concerned with running away from problems than learning how to construct a better planet.

Ah, yes, I forgot that there were no valuable resources in space.

iFederico posted:

gyrofry posted:
space is infinitely less interesting than people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_formation_and_evolution

vs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Sorrentino

Who gives a shit about the universe, honestly. It’s a bunch of shitty rocks separated by oceans of absolute nothingness. “Exploring” it is about the most cowardly thing we could do as a civilization.

Watching an episode of even the Jersey Shore is so much more rewarding and relevant than watching Sagan’s Cosmos or something, seriously.

Cycloneboy posted:

iFederico posted:

Ah, yes, I forgot that there were no valuable resources in space.

A wise man once said that space colonization was the fantasy of those who can envision the end of the planet before the end of capitalism, it speaks to a real failure of imagination.

iFederico posted:

gyrofry posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_formation_and_evolution

vs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Sorrentino

*non-italian people

Watching an episode of even the Jersey Shore is so much more rewarding and relevant than watching Sagan’s Cosmos or something, seriously.

i love you iwc

space fetishism is rly dumb. i will grant that. but its because space is an infinite abyss that bends the mind with its horror. false color, the beautiful images of space are as accurate a representation of reality as watercolor monsters drawn by a six year old

A wise man once said that space colonization was the fantasy of those who can envision the end of the planet before the end of capitalism, it speaks to a real failure of imagination.

There's a lot of He3 just sitting on the moon, and mining outside of a gravity well is a lot easier too.

gyrofry posted:
*non-italian people

well then see if you can read through this without falling asleep from boredom http://tinyurl.com/6nzq9rt

fyi seth mcfarlane is updating cosmos for our generation
seth macfarlane blocked me on twitter and i dont remember why
words can hurt

Cycloneboy posted:

There's a lot of He3 just sitting on the moon, and mining outside of a gravity well is a lot easier too.

d&d.txt

i have literally never played starcraft
i did the math and you would need to strip mine a section of the moon the size of manhattan to get one metric ton of He3 lol

babyfinland posted:

Meursault posted:
Can you eat monkeys and apes in Islam

Animals whose meat is Haram:

Wolf
Hyena
Cat
Monkey
Scorpion
Leopard
Tiger
Cheetah
Lion
Jerboa
Bear
Swine/pig
Squirrel
Hedgehog
Snake
Tortoise/Turtle
Dog
Crab
Jackal
Donkey (domesticated)
Lizard (The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) forbade the eating of a Lizard. Recorded by Imam Abu Dawud in his Sunan from Abd al-Rahman ibn Shibl (Allah be pleased with him. Hadith no: 3790)
Fox
Crocodile
Weasel
Elephant (Radd al-Muhtar, 6/306)
Falcon
Hawk
Kite
Bat
Vulture
Mouse
Rat
All insects, such as a Mosquito, Fly, Wasp, Spider, Beetle, etc.

it's haram to eat a spider but there's no mention against eating people? that's fucked up, but at the same time, i agree with the rationale

iFederico posted:

i love you iwc

But I’m being deadly serious. It raises issues of class and gender and identity, and what it means to seek or achieve self-actualization in an atomized, capitalistic society.

As opposed to sperging out because of all this dumb arbitrary shit happening in far off places we will never go and will never have any bearing on us.

Groulxsmith posted:
fyi seth mcfarlane is updating cosmos for our generation

lol

sorry it was one kilogram per six manhattans. double lol
the Crab Nebula would also be the most interesting object in the universe if it was the one making the rules

Goethestein posted:
i did the math and you would need to strip mine a section of the moon the size of manhattan to get one metric ton of He3 lol

how much of the Earth would you need to strip mine? He3 is really rare.

Goethestein posted:
sorry it was one kilogram per six manhattans. double lol

Sounds like my average Saturday night! lol

he3 is producible via existing technology

Goethestein posted:
he3 is producible via existing technology

much like your posts

Meursault posted:
Sounds like my average Saturday night! lol

if you dont stop with the islamophobia there will be another probation coming your way just FYI

in space your ideas are never at stake and materially irrelevant. seems familiar...
In space, no-one can read your zine
ive been missing the boat on trolling mormons. i dont think ive ever seen many on the internet, i assume it is because they are all manchildren who stay away from websites with swears but there are millions of them in this country, way more than there are jews or muslims, certainly a few must have trickled through
he whom trolls gets trolled last.

they say a true goon can't be trolled

girdles_gone_wild posted:
they say a true goon can't be trolled

troll me once, shame on you me. troll me... they say... won't get fooled again.

[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:

iFederico posted:

Here's a Mother Fuckin idea: We all live in space. Anyshit, somethin to mother fuckin think about

tpaine posted:

mudcrabs posted:

yeah i posted this.

you posted this???

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

mudcrabs posted:

tpaine posted:

mudcrabs posted:

yeah i posted this.

you posted this???

yes i did, fucktwat.

prove it, cockwad.

tpaine works for the onion's av club

he writes reviews about intellectual video games (IVGs)