[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
you're the guy? you ruined my last-minute google searches for japanese eateries, my 6th anniversary and my life. prepare to suffer a veritable gauntlet of probations.
hey conec, long time no post-with-ing; sorry about your current mood. i hear ya about the workout clothes, but i made myself stop giving a f--k by continually reminding myself that none of the people i work out next to are people i would even want to impress anyway (ymmv though, as people at My Local Community Centre gym are mostly comprised of old folks and high school kids)
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
my weed oil ran out so im starting hardcore cycling again. might as well get used to that easing my mind again since im moving to a place without weed soon and alcohol is actually bad.

not drinking or doing drugs, any drugs including weed, and actively exercising is actually good.
ive noticed a pattern of exercising and tracking calories and nutrients for 3 to 4 weeks and then getting bored because i want to experience something different. i subsequently buy weed and enter despair for a week or two after (buying alcohol periodically during these times too, because "fuck it"). however long the weed lasts is when this ends and the cycle repeats.

asceticism is pretty personally rewarding and makes you feel good about yourself tbh. probably easy to maintain once you have a few months of it down.
U got a road bike or what are u doing drawer piss man? I ride 20-60 miles a day 6 days a week and i still have a beer gut but its good exercise.

Also youre right about aescetism. St Francis of Assisi is the reason im a communist / began to believe in god.
I used to live across the street from a franciscan priory in town, the monks there were pretty cool dudes. They would hold neighborhood barbecues with fancy beer.
a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows -Stalin
Shriekingviolet that sounds good but imo a franciscan shouldn't eat meat. Francis did eat meat and broth late in his life when he was too weak and suffered from malaria but even then he felt very guilty for it
From what I understand its a weird hospitality tradition thing. Occasionally I'll take a weekend silent retreat at a franciscan monastery a few hours drive from here and apparently they serve meat when there are guests but are veggie the rest of the time? I think they could easily do away with it since vegetarianism is much more acceptable to people these days, but lol at a catholic order changing anything ever
is a "weekend silent retreat" different from just not interacting with anyone for a weekend?

c_man posted:

is a "weekend silent retreat" different from just not interacting with anyone for a weekend?

the monastery is in a really beautiful location with some walking trails and there's gently enforced quiet for everyone. you can like, hang out in a common room and read/watch the snow fall with a bunch of strangers and no one says anything, its really soothing. monks are also available to speak with via appointment and give a few optional short talks (a memorable one advocated for Full Communism Now.)

I live with roommates and my normal workflow is pretty noisy, so its a welcome change of pace. setting out for deliberate quiet (no music, no computer fan running...) away from your home is pretty different from just taking quiet time at home imho, removes distractions/temptations. I like it.

some new-agey groups do a similar thing but for an entire month which is a terrible idea and drives people insane. hilarious.
I pop into the franciscan church in manhattan every once in a while theres some cool guys. The order isnt necessarily true to the example set by st francis but still "good" tho i guess the knights of malta are also aesthetic but actually involved in international fascism so im not sure tho i know that like christ st francis died probably feeling betrayed and his order taking a path he never intended. Imo Francis is second in my heart to and imo much like Mohammed in that he was progressive as heck lived by example and would prob b communist if alive today

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

I run all my posts by a Franciscan monk on Skype.

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

U got a road bike or what are u doing drawer piss man? I ride 20-60 miles a day 6 days a week and i still have a beer gut but its good exercise

i have a fixie that i switched to freewheel mode and i just ride that a lot. i usually only do about 14 miles for 1 hour a day. every so often i do like 30 or 40 if i have nothing to do for the day.

you must be eating a huge number of calories every day to maintain your weight and cycle that much.

where i live right now has no infrastructure for road cycling though. the way everything is built is honestly anti-cycling and actually really, extremely terrible.
Nice. Wear a helmet. I just spemt 2000 dollars on a new fixie for no reason and it was a huge waste but looks cool. Also your homework is to learn fixie trackstand and pee without putting a foot down to fulfill your destiny as peelzebub.

Also ya i eat fried chicken and ice cream almost daily because im burning thousands of calories so i figure it balances out and i might as well enjoy one part of my life in between the physical exertion and fear of violent death