[account deactivated]
What would internet forums be without vitriolic circular debate. Haha

But seriously if anyone can recommend good recent marxist writing apart from federici (who owns) that would be great.

roseweird posted:

i want you to know i genuinely appreciate your aggressive combination of purely academic queer theory posturing, anime irony(?), dry marxist text jockeying, and "AIDS" though

might i recommend everything by christopher hitchens as well as the platypus society
[account deactivated]
http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thumb/b/b2/Get-a-Man-(for-Gay-Men)-Step-4.jpg/670px-Get-a-Man-(for-Gay-Men)-Step-4.jpg
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

lessons how did you get interested in queer theory ?

[account deactivated]
Cheers,
Cheers
blessed be
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

lessons how did you get interested in queer theory ?

well it all started with this avatar

I'm sorry for being rude and condescending roseweird.
[account deactivated]
it's also worth mentioning that the bourgeois family has been an instrument of resistance. for example, after the end of slavery freemen saw the nuclear family as a progressive counterpart to the common relations of labor and life under slavery and as a way to be equal to whites. the promise of 40 acres and a mule was exactly the promise of free labor ideology (a house, a family, and a self-sufficient life), so of course former slaveholders and bourgeois northerners joined forces to force slaves back into communal living, slave-like working conditions, and female (and child) wage labor.

interesting to note as well sharecropping was originally a form of resistance to wage labor and the black codes which reproduced slavery because it allowed freedmen to have their own land, family, and negotiate over the crop lien.

thats not to say the bourgeois family is good, clearly it is not. but communal living can be oppressive and the nuclear family can be progressive, what matters is the relations of production and the leadership of a genuinely revolutionary party (which the republican party actually was for a time). this is what it actually means in history to say the relations of production are determinant in the last instance.

*all of this from Reconstruction by Eric Foner

Petrol posted:

But seriously if anyone can recommend good recent marxist writing apart from federici (who owns) that would be great.

Kollontai is ok but not as good as Federici imo

http://www.marxists.org/archive/kollonta/

Mariarosa Dalla Costa is better than Kollontai imo but if youve read Federici youve read most of her Costa's ideas already

https://libcom.org/library/power-women-subversion-community-della-costa-selma-james

Petrol posted:

Patriarchy and Accumulation on a World Scale by Maria Mies
Women on the Market by Luce Irigaray

COINTELBRO posted:

Superabound posted:

Im sure youve noticed that the "Patriarchy" of the State operates completely independent of and concurrent to Capitalism's intentional breakdown of the actual family structure.

Actually the modern nuclear family is a recent development concurrent with the rise of capitalism, and indeed one reinforces the other. Family structures were quite different in the preceding feudalism and the initial enforcement of the nuclear family involved, for example, the confiscation of land from women who matrilineally owned it until then so as to render women completely dependent on male income. For more see FEDERICI, Silvia. 2004. Caliban and the Witch: Women, The Body, and Primitive Accumulation.

That working class women are often in the avant-garde of familial configurations (single mothers) while bourgeois families remain in tight nuclear structures despite any pretenses of progressiveness, is not a coincidence.

Cheers.

Which is why i didnt qualify the phrase "family structure" to refer to any specific type. The modern Capitalist social schism is not between Matriarchal Family Structure or Patriarchal Family Structure, but rather between family structure and no family structure at all.

Petrol posted:

No number of downvotes will make what i said not true, which is that communism is extremely bad at women.

compared to what

Superabound posted:

Petrol posted:

No number of downvotes will make what i said not true, which is that communism is extremely bad at women.

compared to what

well, not you, obviously.

tpaine posted:

TheIneff posted:

I'm sorry for being rude and condescending roseweird.

nigga
you ain't
apologized
fo shit

the nuns rebuffed me and told me they didn't really need my help. i'm not sure they understand that in our economy young(ish) people are supposed to work for free.

getfiscal posted:

the nuns rebuffed me

hot

getfiscal posted:

the nuns rebuffed me and told me they didn't really need my help. i'm not sure they understand that in our economy young(ish) people are supposed to work for free.

wear a dress next time

"think Sister Act meets Mrs Doubtfire"
[account deactivated]
sister act 3: rebuffing the habit
the nuns at my elementary school were really nice and always gave us candy
u should go inquire at a monastery instead donald
cool buff nun
there's a franciscan monastery in the foothills that I occasionally go to for silent retreats which are Extremely My Shit. the brothers & sisters there are some truly excellent people with a fire of compassion and genuine Revolutionary Spirit in their hearts. i just heard that one of their number Found Love and left, which reminded me of the rhizzone and gave me a chuckle because i am a moron
friar puig is in love now.
as a teen i knew a young priest (mid-to-late 20s) who was really motivated and cool and made me think i wanted to be a priest. he moved on to miami where he gained minor prominence in the latino community, had a radio show etc. a few years ago, he was caught by a tabloid on the beach kissing a woman and it turned out they were in love and the church was all, nuh uh, bad priest, so he quit the church and became an episcopal instead and now lives happily married with a life full of love and christ

idk why i thought about that now but there you go

shriekingviolet posted:

there's a franciscan monastery in the foothills that I occasionally go to for silent retreats which are Extremely My Shit. the brothers & sisters there are some truly excellent people with a fire of compassion and genuine Revolutionary Spirit in their hearts. i just heard that one of their number Found Love and left, which reminded me of the rhizzone and gave me a chuckle because i am a moron

that's pleasant.

TG posted:

as a teen i knew a young priest (mid-to-late 20s) who was really motivated and cool and made me think i wanted to be a priest. he moved on to miami where he gained minor prominence in the latino community, had a radio show etc. a few years ago, he was caught by a tabloid on the beach kissing a woman and it turned out they were in love and the church was all, nuh uh, bad priest, so he quit the church and became an episcopal instead and now lives happily married with a life full of love and christ

TG posted:

yeah love is such a passionate, unpredictable thing, although it's sad it led that guy to hell.

brothers & sisters are dope