there is a catholic worker aligned community in toronto called radish house. it is trans activist and anarchist and probably pretty cool.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
uhh i'm a dawkins atheist actually tpaine. fark you for thinking i believed in the invisible sky wizard.... i thought we were posting brothers.
[account deactivated]

TG posted:

as a teen i knew a young priest (mid-to-late 20s) who was really motivated and cool and made me think i wanted to be a priest. he moved on to miami where he gained minor prominence in the latino community, had a radio show etc. a few years ago, he was caught by a tabloid on the beach kissing a woman and it turned out they were in love and the church was all, nuh uh, bad priest, so he quit the church and became an episcopal instead and now lives happily married with a life full of love and christ

idk why i thought about that now but there you go

whats up my brother *is a monk*
my catholicism is extremely ironic, it was very difficult to find a family to ironically conceive me and raise me within the church but i think youll appreciate these great jokes:

tpaine posted:

lol at you little insects being so insecure in yourselves that you have to resort to religion to...what? go somewhere and relax? lmao

teapea i thought you knew me better than that. just because i'm a depressed alcoholic nihilist doesn't mean i can't enjoy hanging out with some monks. they're very pleasant.

Catholicism would be smart to replace the whole baptism/confirmation thing with matrilineal descent and maybe declare a catholic national homeland on malta or Quebec or something. dont mess with success
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
First a little backstory: I live completely alone and don't see human beings for weeks at a time, including my own reflection (mirrors too encrusted in grime.) When a chance encounter forces me to speak my atrophied voice comes out in a feeble croak and my throat is sore for days afterwards. The deafening silence of my existence is so all-permeating that I continuously post music youtubes in a decrepit back corner of the internet, desperately attempting to replicate the experience of audible socialization.

All this leads us to my current problem, I don't understand the concept of going somewhere quiet to relax.
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

a decrepit back corner of the internet

are you too good for your home?

nah im not interested in a slapfight it just popped into my head and i said to myself "time to post"
[account deactivated]
please do not assign agency to my actions, it is my one weakness
[account deactivated]
this tense pause seems like a great time to bring up bepis