about search being shitty

yea if you like click on anything it restarts the timer that's the real problem. every time you refine the results or go to a dif page it starts over

its anti-mustang protection i believe
Ya but it's badly executed. A much more effective method to stop mustang would be to close down the forum
i click search and then type deadken in the username search. it fails and tells me to wait 10 seconds. if i click search again too fast i get that same message. if i wait 10 seconds and try again, i get to type my search string in again but then the same thing happens. i spent like 5 minutes trying to search and could not. search is a myth
oh-oh-oh, clicking the search button itself counts as a search, so you have to wait 10 seconds on the search page before searchibng??????
the only thing that changes in the url for each search results page is an integer, and you could write a very short little looped script to grab the url for the first results page for a user, add one to that integer each time and tell a browser to load each new url in a new tab once the 10.0001 second wait is up. then you could embed the script in an empty HTML page on your local disk, open a browser, log on to rhizzone, load the page containing your script, walk away, and come back in (10.0001*(number of pages)) seconds, to find a perfectly archive-friendly version of a user's entire post history, with a few minutes' work coding on your part. this is only theory, however, like communism, and much of what i post is white noise so i suggest you ignore it.

ilmdge posted:

oh-oh-oh, clicking the search button itself counts as a search, so you have to wait 10 seconds on the search page before searchibng??????

ya.

[account deactivated]
make a little berchtesgaden in your soul

ilmdge posted:

i click search and then type deadken in the username search. it fails and tells me to wait 10 seconds. if i click search again too fast i get that same message. if i wait 10 seconds and try again, i get to type my search string in again but then the same thing happens. i spent like 5 minutes trying to search and could not. search is a myth

if i use the back button to go back from the "you need to wait" page and it doesnt seem to reset the counter for me

if i looking for post
if anyone wants their 2014 post history Wordle, the commemorative Sam Kriss gold inlay Limited Edition Wordle (nod to Lykourgos for UK crimlaw annotations) or the Google Earth heat map comparing locations in their Wordle to the IP addresses of Wikipedia edits about terms in their Wordle, please send an email titled "I am going to kill you" to me,aryangoku82 at petitions@whitehouse.gov
[account deactivated]
now thats what i call a viletat!
[account deactivated]
it makes me upset that they missed part of it

discipline posted:

pretty cool they photoshopped a tattoo on his plain white t

that's his rolling chest hair

discipline posted:

pretty cool they photoshopped a tattoo on his plain white t

bad news: i think that shirt is one of those bodypaint things

i just assumed that they photoshopped a shirt onto his shirtless mass

Themselves posted: