let's hold a 1+1=2 festival... maybe stephen colbert can speak... i really get into my 1+1=2 identity
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:
i'm not like those other atheists. you know the ones

i don't need big dick dawkins telling me what not to believe.. i can not believe myself, thanks

while looking for 'hot dawkins chick' on GIS as a retort to a post i found this and stopped my search immediately.

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:
i never understood why people would be like "OMG you spent so much on re-regs" when like the same people are like yes i just bought the following nine hundred games on steam to play on my wall television

efficiency: trolling beats toys

they pirated all of that shit. you cant pirate a forums account. unless you know the right people...

babyfinland posted:

im actually getting around to reading kierkegaard now and I dont understand why old lf was so into him. maybe im imagining that but it seems like kierkegaard as I understand him was a poor fit for the subforum at the time

stegosaurus posted:

babyfinland posted:

im actually getting around to reading kierkegaard now and I dont understand why old lf was so into him. maybe im imagining that but it seems like kierkegaard as I understand him was a poor fit for the subforum at the time

people dont actually read things they just parrot zizek and so on

[account deactivated]

stegosaurus posted:

babyfinland posted:

it was just impper. but kierkergaard is pretty good regardless!

[account deactivated]
what authors were ye' olde lf really into anyways? it was just zizek, harvey and boring critical theory stuff. fiction was more or less unanimously despised

AmericanNazbro posted:
what authors were ye' olde lf really into anyways? it was just zizek, harvey and boring critical theory stuff. fiction was more or less unanimously despised

there was a lot of deleuze n guattari, some frankfurt school, fuck I dont even remember anyone else. it was mainly posturing though

people did like borges, I remember a ncf thread where he and infrateal (rip) went back and forth about a few of his short stories for pages

tpaine posted:
aberaham didn't take his son up there to be raped, americanicebro...

your avatar looks like slices of pizza with eyes. maybe i've been doing too many drugs, i dunno, but that's a delectable avatar

AmericanNazbro posted:

tpaine posted:
aberaham didn't take his son up there to be raped, americanicebro...

your avatar looks like slices of pizza with eyes. maybe i've been doing too many drugs, i dunno, but that's a delectable avatar

your avatar looks like a monkey

[account deactivated]
Shit, I just choked down another 2 hours of hollywood bullshit and I'm ready for a show of straight up logic. And Bad Religion for dessert...? See you there.
maybe when I read adornos book on him I'll get a better picture. right now I respect where he's coming from (taking the charge that christianity requires 'a miracle within ones own person' and basically saying 'yeah, and?') but I dont feel like I understand why its so significant. maybe thats because I read a bit of existentialism before I even heard of kierkegaard so his innovation seems more natural and unremarkable than it actually is.
im watching archer, its pretty funny

stegosaurus posted:
maybe when I read adornos book on him I'll get a better picture. right now I respect where he's coming from (taking the charge that christianity requires 'a miracle within ones own person' and basically saying 'yeah, and?') but I dont feel like I understand why its so significant. maybe thats because I read a bit of existentialism before I even heard of kierkegaard so his innovation seems more natural and unremarkable than it actually is.

i dont care about all fo that, kierkegaard just spits Hot Truth

waht kierkegaard are u reading? either/or is usually what gets recommended 'round these parts, ignore tom hes just a barbarian.
[account deactivated]
im reading fear and trembling and the sickness unto 'def'

stegosaurus posted:
im reading fear and trembling and the sickness unto 'def'

im reading "purity of heart is to will one thing" and its kewl as balls

stegosaurus posted:

Kierkegaard was the first philosopher I ever read and its him that I always return to. His writing on christianity and the church fills volumes and is more nuanced than that so I would keep at it if youre interested at all.

noavbazzer posted:

stegosaurus posted:

Kierkegaard was the first philosopher I ever read and its him that I always return to. His writing on christianity and the church fills volumes and is more nuanced than that so I would keep at it if youre interested at all.

purity of heart is to will one thing is MondoIslamic bro

Read every Kierkegaard book
at one point kierkegaard says "I understand hegel perfectly but abraham is incomprehensible to me" and thats how I feel about kierkegaard even compared to someone dense and difficult like hegel. maybe I'm just an infidel. Maybe I'm amazed.
F&T and e/o arent so great, like theyre good but they dont overshadow any of his other work but i guess they appeal more to heartless kufrs so they get all the Facebook Likes
[account deactivated]
good lord i ate way too much yogurt someone help me lie down
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

babyfinland posted:
good lord i ate way too much yogurt someone help me lie down

this is billy mays! and i'm pullin around to stick in your pooper!

billy do you have a strong harness

seriously guys im dizzy
I battered my way through fear and trembling with no philosophical backgrouns except for googling stuff on my first run so trust me I sympathise
I came home from my first day at the new job, it felt really weird, but I'm making way more money and the actual work was a joke. so I'm drinking and eating my curry out of a bowl that you would normally put chips in. I need to lay down too soon.
nevermind it was just a seasonal wind

stegosaurus posted:
I came home from my first day at the new job, it felt really weird, but I'm making way more money and the actual work was a joke. so I'm drinking and eating my curry out of a bowl that you would normally put chips in. I need to lay down too soon.

goongrats on Selling out bigtime to the c apitalism of death you monster

paychecks are SCAB CULTURE
[account deactivated]