listening to music is just a fun thing to do. it doesn't define you as a person. i listen to all sorts of music: common, mos def, lupe fiasco, asap rocky, tyler the creator, kid cudi, dead prez, kendrick lamar, wu-tang, kanye west, etc.
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

i like slayer

love that guy....

conec posted:

kanye demeans women and not just through lyrics (like the majority of hip hop does) but by publicly shaming women he`s been with, and through the imagery he pushes around millions of dollars to construct - so f*ck you for the downvotes Keven and I can picture you jumping up and down at a Kanye West concert... the crowd looking like stracciatella

kanye's claim to be billion dollars in debt could be a communist awakening - look at the social status you can achieve and still capitalism has you in chains - idk if thats gonna happen

conec posted:

kanye demeans women and not just through lyrics (like the majority of hip hop does)

you are a racist idiot and just so we're clear this is not a defense of kanye

You mess with Kanye you get the -1.
Something that I would consider more demeaning to women than the guy who quotes Napolean dynamite in his songs saying the fuck-word for example would be someone who said insanely vile and racist things about refugee women. Just a example I'm pulling from thin air haha.
take several seats. an auditorium, in toms case
[account deactivated]
who wants to be monitor of this thread

cars posted:

who wants to be monitor of this thread

just ban conec, problem solved

Me
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Naw u racist

conec posted:

liberal-leaning news sources (the BBC)

jesus christ lol

conec posted:

and to Petrol... what i said, about most rappers degrading women, is not a racist statement.

if i were really racist i wouldn`t even argue w/ u people about it.

i never said you were intentionally racist, just stupid

I hate races
Wow conec just made a declaration of loyalty to Stalin and apparently thats not even enough to get people to forgive and forget
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

petrol i have a genius IQ

*tips fedora*

conec posted:

i never said anything racial... you can be black, asian, arab, (or white if you are babyfinland), and be a muslim

or a rapper i suppose. these genius level posts really make u think

[account deactivated]
most of those rapes were probably made up, and the women were just enamoured by the strong, willful easterners who turned up in the german cities, and anyway they had just got done fighting the nazis across half of europe so can you blame them?

oh that's a different mass rape that stalinists dont seem bothered by, my bad
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

you called me a racist idiot for saying most rap demeans women. you have no argument against that and if you tried to make one it would be stupid af

it is unclear what exactly you mean by "most rap" but there is misogyny across all genres of contemporary music and it's curious you single out rap for this criticism

[account deactivated]

conec posted:

how come red army rapes of german women aren`t made up but refugee men raping refugee women or local women is made up?

i dont think the cologne rapes were made up, it's very concerning.

[account deactivated]

conec posted:

Petrol posted:

conec posted:

you called me a racist idiot for saying most rap demeans women. you have no argument against that and if you tried to make one it would be stupid af

it is unclear what exactly you mean by "most rap" but there is misogyny across all genres of contemporary music and it's curious you single out rap for this criticism

no it`s not curious, rap is very explicitly demeaning toward women, more than any other genre, and it's especially vulgar about it, too.

you're really young and white and poorly read so i feel like i should go easy on you but you're a shitposting racist so instead i will tell you to fuck off

[account deactivated]
I miss the good female posters

conec posted:

how come red army rapes of german women aren`t made up but refugee men raping refugee women or local women is made up?

Well since everyone admits the red army rapes happened, they probably did happen, and also the red army was like, an army, whereas the refugee men probably don't have any guns, tanks, bombs, embitterment after years of foreign invasion... well maybe the last one

[account deactivated]
Btw my library has 200 books in it. That's two zeros, the second zero is not a typo from a stuck zero key.
[account deactivated]
I'm not really an expert on that conec, I just know that the red army rapes in Germany happened, and under much different circumstances than these rapes you're talking about, and any rape, whenever against whoever, is sad to me. I have also seen in the news that some women did make up sexual assaults by migrants, and like, we live in the age of cell phones people, where's the footage, but maybe I just have the blinders on. It should comfort you to know that I dont get to set public policy with my backwards opinions.

conec posted:

i`m confident that i`m better read than you - i never see you reviewing books, just posting articles. i am certainly better read than you in african american literature.

i should hope so as i am not american

conec posted:

i`m sorry you are in denial about this - rappers themselves have addressed the issue in interviews. you don`t need to throw shade like that, though.

rappers themselves

pack it up petrol. the rappers themselves have spoken. not all of them but certainly a representative proportion of rappers. theyve spoken... the rappers have spoken.

[account deactivated]