[account deactivated]
i saw a recent commercial with keith hernandez and walt "clyde" frazier that had a product that may work for you. it's called, Just for Men
[account deactivated]
i will wish you straight good luck with the personal choice you make on your beard whatever it is
i wonder who i should make thread monitor of the real life thread.
agamben & puig, guide my steel
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

I had a friend who was getting grey hairs at 16.

i had this too. its basically fine

before i always assumed the cliche about white people only eating unseasoned boiled chicken breast and unsalted biscuits etc was just a tired joke that people on tumblr like to repeat but i work serving food samples at costco and white people constantly remark that the thing i just served them was too spicy, even if it was literally a toothpicked ham cold cut rolled up with a slice of american cheese. like a white person really did say that about yellow cheese. they told me they didnt like it because it was too spicy. and like on sunday i was serving cream of cheddar and broccoli soup and this one older white lady with a lot of botox and a very cold demeanor grabbed about 8 or 9 samples over a ten minute period without saying anything even when i greeted her . . . finally on her last stop by she deigned to say "your sample is the only one today that isn't too spicy" and i said "ha yeah" and she walked away. but then i thought about what samples my co-workers were working that day: dark chocolate, panko breaded chicken nuggets, tilapia seasoned with garlic salt, quinoa, italian beef sandwiches (sans peppers), potato chips made out of pizza crust, grilled chicken skewers, lays tikka masala chips, rice pudding. i mean i guess the tikka masala chips were slightly tingly but .
the japanese are also hilariously spice intolerant. i ate a bag of what i'd call zesty chips there that had a picture of a dude with red skin sweating profusely and yelling
I started going grey at 17 and am now all salt and pepper. My hairline is holding strong though. They say you get your hair from your mom's dad but my dad went through the same thing and is basically all white in his mid 50s
my mother's dad is a retired police officer and liberal politician with alzheimer's, and he votes
My maternal grandmother will complain about a dish being seasoned with black pepper as being too spicey. The very same woman will bite into raw onion with reckless abandon, so
White People Eat the Darndest Things should be the next frontpage article imo
in real life news i got my first Job interview at a hospital next week. cant wait to get my slice of that labor aristocrat pie working for the octopus of local-monopoly corporate healthcare!
some cool things that my cousins did growing up:

Ketchup on rice. Ketchup on tortilla chips. Ketchup on toast. Ketchup on alfredo. Ketchup on steamed veggies. Ketchup on salad. Bring Ketchup with you into a restaurant because fancy places might not have ketchup, or the Wrong Kind of Ketchup. Ketchup.
one of my neighbors is like that but with sriracha, which is kinda the counterpoint to the whole white people eat only wonderbread: millenials put sriracha on everything.

dont get me worng, sriracha's good, but motherfucker puts it on salad, pizza, rice, soup, saltine crackers, spaghetti, ham sandwiches, burgers, fucking, no shit, i once saw him put it on his morning oatmeal. he's a good guy, but it's gross. once i picked a shitload of chicken of the woods and made an awesome fettuccine alfredo with it, worked real hard to get it perfect and invited some friends over to share (forcing them to leave phones in the basket, of course) and the dude sloshed like a quarter cup of sriracha all over his pasta. i didnt say anything, obviously, but he swirled it into the cream sauce and i think the acidity like, kinda curdled the cream? it looked disgusting. anyway thats my sriracha story
i once went on a first date (at an ethiopian restaurant) with a girl from iowa and her all-time favorite food was french fries.
where was the second date? hahahaha just kidding buddy
ive never had sriracha and now its too late because the fad has passed, just like the victorian obsession with pineapples
for true goon flavor try bacon, jalapeno, and pineapple on your next pizza.
sriracha is heavily mentioned by all okcupid women as its basically a device to signal you are eclectic and sophisticated but also low maintenance
things not goin so well with the wife?
Sriracha is good but the tuong ot chili paste or 'hot oil' is better than sriracha cuz its like fish oil and sriracha and chili flakes mixed
since spring is in the air and the 2016 gardening thread hasn't yet been posted heres a recipe i made up, it is good

-plant like three or four jalapeƱo plants. whats that you say? who could possibly eat that many jalapeƱos? read on, lil nublet
-eat a few of the peppers green if you want, but wait until they get ripe and turn a deep red, then harvest. they'll keep forever in the fridge, so wait until you get a pound or so
-take your peppers, don't bother seeding them, and put em in the food processor. add 2 heads garlic (peeled), 1/2c dark brown sugar, and 1/4c apple cider vinegar (if you can find the raw, unfiltered stuff with the "mother" use that), and puree until you get a very smooth paste.
-pour off your paste into jars, cover the mouths with cheesecloth, and let ferment at room temp for 1-2 weeks (it'll go faster if you used raw vinegar), or until you see small bubbles start to form in the sauce. it will get slightly liquid but won't spoil
-pour the sauce into a pot, add 1/2c vinegar, and simme runtil the paste gets to a nice thick consistency.

congrats, you have just made your own sriracha and it tastes way better than the store stuff. if you want it smooth like storebought you can press it through a sieve with a spoon, but i kinda like it a little chunkier. it'll keep for up to a year in the fridge.
any recomendations on shade tolerant gardening? last year's project was all stunted at best except for the pole beans and some leafy greens. if any of that was lack of nitrogen i should be fixing it with a fresh batch of compost, but i'm pretty sure it was mostly that it only gets direct sun for about five hours. cursory research suggest broccoli and more beans are my best bet i guess?
eh, beans really need full sun to do well, but if you do plant beans, stick with bush rather than pole varieties as they can tolerate a bit more shade. peas, both snap and shelling would work if they really do get five solid hours of sun. you could do leeks and onions, too but they will take longer to mature than they would otherwise.

you can do no wrong with leafy greens, you'll be able to do lettuce and the like well into the summer months if you're growing in semi-shade. kale is great, you could do cabbages or other cols if you like, too. spinach will do well. broccoli and cauliflower are some other good choices for shade gardening. beets and turnips will do well, plus you cna eat the greens.

you might be able to do carrots and peas in the fall after the leaves drop, carrots are really frost tolerant and peas make for a quick fall crop.
my favorite quick and dirty soil amendment for starting a new garden and gettign a quick boost of organic nitrogen is milorganite. it's non-burning and gives a nice slow release of N, plus you get to feel warm in the knowledge that you are using kiln-dried, sterilized and pelletized human shit to grow your vegetables
best leafy green to grow at home is swiss chard imho, its delicious and pretty, grows like crazy with very little maintenance, and is ridiculously overpriced at the supermarket.

that and grow your own cilantro, it can self seed almost like a weed and that "fresh" stuff at the store is some weak ass shit

i wish it was easier to grow peppers this far north
Dandelion greens ftw
i am already eating out of my lawn all the time
Another leafy green people should grow at home is cannabis indica. It can also grow like a weed and i guess would be expensive at supermarkets or whatever.
i want to grow peppers and eggplants and tomatoes and onions and make gigantic tureens of ratatouille all the fucking time
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
start. a. gardening. thread.
[account deactivated]
trapped in salt lake city for another 12h holy shit could life get any worse. Also hi rhizzone i hope youll all welcome another subpar poster bringing total posters to 3
[account deactivated]