wasted posted:

i've been thinking about comas, as in wouldn't it be nice to be in one, lately

People in comas are fucking lame

What if the McRib comes back and you're stuck in a coma?
but if you go into a coma before the McRib leaves and come out of it once the McRib is Back, then you never have to be without the McRib
That's not the point of the McRib. The beauty of the McRib is that - it's back.

swampman posted:

the wafting fumes of fried pork shoulder and tangy sauce will pull you back to the realm of the living.

That would make a pretty irreverent ad campaign. Cure for the Common Coma.

swampman posted:

That would make a pretty irreverent ad campaign. Cure for the Common Coma.

as the old man starts to wake up, the heart monitor starts reading like the golden arches.

i would be a good don draper peggy olson

swampman posted:

it's serious

tpaine posted:

On November 1, 2005, McDonald's issued a press release: the McRib would be permanently removed from the menu following a "McRib Farewell Tour". McRib.com, a website registered to McDonald's, featured a petition to "Save the McRib", which was facetiously sponsored by the "Boneless Pig Farmers Association of America"

the world would be so much better if more things were sponsored facetiously

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

tpaine posted:

On November 1, 2005, McDonald's issued a press release: the McRib would be permanently removed from the menu following a "McRib Farewell Tour". McRib.com, a website registered to McDonald's, featured a petition to "Save the McRib", which was facetiously sponsored by the "Boneless Pig Farmers Association of America"

the world would be so much better if more things were sponsored facetiously

idk i worked for a little while at a breast cancer foundation chapter and i don't think it would be any functionally different if everyone was in on a joke or not

no, wait, i'm thinking about how lunch went there, it would definitely be improved if it were facetious, you're right

[account deactivated]
http://animalstalkinginallcaps.tumblr.com/post/37922427007/holy-shit-is-that-a-mcrib
"Beauty comes and passes, is lost the moment that we touch it, can no more be stayed or held than one can stay the flowing of a river. Out of this pain of loss, this bitter ecstasy of brief having, this fatal glory of the single moment, the tragic writer will therefore make a song of joy. That, at least, he may keep and treasure always. And his song is full of grief because he knows that joy is fleeting, gone the instant we have it, and that is why it is so precious, gaining its full glory from the very things that limit and destroy it."
Thomas Wolfe, Anatomy of the McRib
[account deactivated]
the mcrib is... HERE
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i pulled up to the drive-thru and i asaw it was gone and i reflexively shouted OH NO NO NAHHHH NO NO! into the speaker but the i think the girl thought it was music or something

sir did you just shout no a lot

no ma'am that was the raps. i will take one mcrib i mean hold on i'm going to cry

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
BATMAN
BATMAN
BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN

"Essex Drive," Jordan says, finding his old street. "I remember going up to that McDonald's and getting my damn McRib. When I first got there."

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/Michael-Jordan/michael-jordan-not-left-building

that was oddly poetic

bobcats suck and changing the name back won't fix it

fish mcbites wtf. what sort of tomfoolery is mcdonalds up to. bring it back.
mickey d's is in thrall to the roman antichrist
Female actresses are introduced to the new poppable Fish McBites when Frankie the Fish and the Frankettes sing their hot "Fishy Fishy" track.
they have pringles that taste like micdonalds hamburgers for a limited time. not at mcdonalds but at the grocery store
uh which burger
they have all sorts of new chips for some reason. like they have chips that taste like chicken wings and chips that taste like bacon. which, since i'm a fat goon, i should be chugging down like mountain dew, but instead i'm just sort of grossed out by the idea. i dunno, if anything is going to kill me i'm pretty sure it's a dangerous food made to taste like another bad food. i'll stick to eating horsesagna thanks.
getfiscal if it's any consolation, since moving to the city and to the top of a big hill i need to walk up and down every day i have lost a lot of weight, gotten a lot more friends, been laid a lot more often, and been generally more social. but it's all completely vapid and i'm just as depressed as usual. if i could become morbidly obese and just eat mcdonalds all day i would, that's the life i want, i envy you, give me your life.
i slept with this girl from college a few times recently, she seemed to quite like me, was a communist, moderately attractive, intelligent, literate, pleasant enough company. if i wanted to pursue a relationship with her she definitely would be down for it. but i've been completely ignoring her because i've been fucking a co-worker who has a boyfriend of two years. we send each other poetry, she's pretty cool, a decent writer, is a lot of fun. i'm a lot more passionate, less mechanical about it.

i'm pretty sure i only desire the unattainable, i only feel something for what could only be disastrous or could never happen. really helps to explain my political views.
yo be careful impper sounds like aerdils planning to kill you and steal your identity
[account deactivated]
i have stopped dancing since i started fucking aerdils co-worker
[account deactivated]
she has a two year relationship with another guy, we started having sex a couple weeks ago, they broke up a few days ago, but i think they might be getting back together, but i'll probably still sleep with her on the down low whenever i get a chance. i'm basically a bad person, also confused. ah well, at least i got a date w/ someone else tomorrow.
next i just wanna fuck someone from the rhizzone. cross taht one off my bucket list. tpaine???
every time aerdil has told a lie his jeans have gotten bigger
no lies, here if it'll help to envision it here's a reminder of what i look like