Good points op. Ill text the doxxed admin and ask xhe to grant me full admin powers
[account deactivated]

stegosaurus posted:

you can add me to the github org if you want. i too had a longish text file with scattered thoughts on the future of the rhizzone rofl.

one idea i had was paying people to mod or write articles out of a common pool of money from donations. it would cost like a dollar a month to post or something. and then that would pay for things to occur. thats probably an insane solution though.

maybe we could set it up as 'dues' like you gotta put in your five bucks a month or you cant post but as soon as you do you can post again. we could do it via paypal or something? i dont know

There should at least be a donate link to cover the cost of hosting and the github. If we starting getting lots of gravy we can discuss paying people. And later, native advertising

if our founder isn't murdered by mossad soon then maybe we could set up a patreon where we all chip in - especially the lurkers - to have them run things.
Im willing to pay for whatever as far as that goes. Well discuss changing thr name to the DREWZZONE
[account deactivated]
they're not w2s, which you'd know if you'd published your book.
[account deactivated]
the list of patreon supporters would all be fake russian and iranian names as we get that big hitler dollar for supporting the gassing of syrian revolutionaries
Eliot Higgins
Nonresident Senior Fellow, New Information Frontiers, Future Europe Initiative

EXPERT CONNECT
Expertise
Topics
Digital Forensic Research & Open Source Intelligence
Regions
Europe, Russia, Syria

Full Bio

Eliot Higgins is a Nonresident Senior Fellow for New Information Frontiers with the Atlantic Council’s Future Europe Program. He is an award winning investigative journalist, and Founder of the Brown Moses Blog and Bellingcat. He publishes the work of an international alliance of fellow investigators using freely available online information. He has helped inaugurate open-source and social media investigations by trawling through vast amounts of data uploaded constantly on to the web and social media sites. His inquiries have revealed extraordinary findings on subjects such as the downing of flight MH17 in Ukraine and the August 21, 2013 Sarin attacks in Damascus.
i have Got The Source Code
once we get some new smilies we'll be rolling in new recruits
[account deactivated]
glenn greenwald is defending doxxedmin and criticizing her doxxer on twitter. but according to doxxedmin GG is a CIA plant? how many dimensions of chess must i suffer through

getfiscal posted:

Eliot Higgins
Nonresident Senior Fellow for New Information Frontiers with the Atlantic Council’s Future Europe Program

the fuck is this

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
who's pretending there's work? it's make-money-show-up-in-a-bank-account
special thanks to gorm gundlebroom
anyway just so everyone is aware: the current code as-is contains passwords and other important stuff that shouldn't be uploaded to github. I'm going to take some time to excise that stuff and anything else sensitive, before putting it up. it will take a little bit of time because i have a real life occasionally, and i want to make sure i'm not doing anything stupid. i'll try to have it done in the next few days.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

glenn greenwald is defending doxxedmin and criticizing her doxxer on twitter. but according to doxxedmin GG is a CIA plant? how many dimensions of chess must i suffer through

not everyone is cia, actually

Clarence Tuppins
Nonresident Junior Fellow, Electronic Immunodeficiency Research, Fail AIDS Initiative

EXPERT CONNECT
Expertise
Topics
Blink-182
Regions
Florida

Full Bio

Clarence Tuppins recently joined us from his role as Shift Manager at Target in Tampa. He is working on a book concerning the tragic death of his wife titled Roundabout.

ilmdge posted:

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:
not everyone is cia, actually

THE REAL BAD PSOT

oh right. we're getting serious. i respectfully disagree
GG is being controlled opposition or something idk.

jiroemon1897 posted:

politicing like a chump, that is the 69th type of liberalism

gyrofry posted:

i would prefer something like an invite-based system to pure open registration. i don't think the mustang issue should be underestimated, and under open registration he would probably be the least of the issues.

The rhizzone_txt twitter account seems to agree with you, flinging my own words back in my own face

swampman posted:

gyrofry posted:
i would prefer something like an invite-based system to pure open registration. i don't think the mustang issue should be underestimated, and under open registration he would probably be the least of the issues.
The rhizzone_txt twitter account seems to agree with you, flinging my own words back in my own face

which is pretty funny tbh

I really want rhizzone to be good, I post on reddit sometimes even though I hate it because this place isn't active enough. If I could never post on reddit again I would be so happy.

I just think we need more ppl, last time I made an effort post I think it got 0 responses because everyone here is intelligent enough to either agree with what I said or more importantly not debate something they know nothing about. Which makes for a good forum but very short threads. I have faith though, every poster here I don't recognize from old LF days has been good except for Mustang.

babyhueypnewton posted:

0 responses because everyone here is intelligent enough to either agree with what I said or more importantly not debate something they know nothing about

new way to feel better about all my 0-vote posts

[account deactivated]
my recommendation to improve this place is to ifap me until i write the site another sam kriss type stinkpiece on Superman so this site can try again to ride the SEO point break.
*rooster crows & forums collapse as literally twos of people attempt to empty quote the first ten words of my post at the same time*

stegosaurus posted:

you can add me to the github org if you want. i too had a longish text file with scattered thoughts on the future of the rhizzone rofl.

one idea i had was paying people to mod or write articles out of a common pool of money from donations. it would cost like a dollar a month to post or something. and then that would pay for things to occur. thats probably an insane solution though.

maybe we could set it up as 'dues' like you gotta put in your five bucks a month or you cant post but as soon as you do you can post again. we could do it via paypal or something? i dont know

union dues? Hitler was right...

I'm just thinking how we would support people to conduct independent research. Or allow people who moderate this place to justify their time. Heil hitler.
stego are you an admin? are you? tell the truth

drwhat posted:

anyway just so everyone is aware: the current code as-is contains passwords and other important stuff that shouldn't be uploaded to github. I'm going to take some time to excise that stuff and anything else sensitive, before putting it up. it will take a little bit of time because i have a real life occasionally, and i want to make sure i'm not doing anything stupid. i'll try to have it done in the next few days.

if it's django isn't that just the settings file?

I'm not a forum admin but I have ftp access to the code and shit. Along with ssh, hrm, ugh, psh and grr access.
is it even possible to open registration? lady admin is gone and gjoey is too busy posing xbox hueg with the anime pederasts
so between stego and drwhat, it's possible to do code and update the site itself if anyone has the inclination, but no one can administer the users/forums/etc? maybe someone could PM joey on badgame or text khamsek to add another admin like steg, someone who even if theyre not really interested could at least be trusted enough to delegate a few people as mods or approve them to publish posts onto the front page.