[account deactivated]

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

given that the moderators of this place are a mens rights advocate and a revolutionary sex tourist, with threads on the front page disparaging "hymies" and "i posted this on stormfront", not only is the "known hate site" thing not really a joke anymore, but it can't be long until the SPLC starts condemning it

lol do u remember when 'nigger death' was a Thing

that was one heckuva funny FYAD thread

thanks lain wave. or was it loin worm

*pushes walker back to the Permatrain Convalescent Home*
The Rhizzone: Only well educated and cultured extroverts need apply.
i dont have a tv but thats only because i cant afford to buy a tv
also

a factor in (someone)'s onset of depression

lol

littlegreenpills posted:

i dont have a tv but thats only because i cant afford to buy a tv

In today's fast paced world, you can't afford NOT to own one!

bans all around
one one hand not having minorities is probably unintentional realism for rich white yuppies who irl don't have poc friends

blastoise posted:

one one hand not having minorities is probably unintentional realism for rich white yuppies who irl don't have poc friends

true, it's better than shows made by whites who panic when they realize they have no minorities and so make the judge character a black woman

So what are Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's thoughts on the show?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kareem-abduljabbar/girls-review_b_2593756.html

Last season the show was criticized for being too white. Watching a full season could leave a viewer snow blind. This season that white ghetto was breached by a black character who is introduced as some jungle fever lover, with just enough screen time to have sex and mutter a couple of lines about wanting more of a relationship. A black dildo would have sufficed and cost less.

"That's odd considering that Vulture reported that the show's single largest audience, 22 percent, is "white dudes over 50." In fact, 56 percent of the show's audience is male. " lol
[account deactivated]

Crow posted:

"That's odd considering that Vulture reported that the show's single largest audience, 22 percent, is "white dudes over 50." In fact, 56 percent of the show's audience is male. " lol

sounds about right for a judd apatow joint

I know more guys than girls who watch girls so that doesn't surprise me

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Wulgus posted:

Game Of Thrones Is So Fuckin Sick

Game of thrones is shitty feudal propaganda designed to normalize the Natural Order Of Things to unimaginative idiots.

I have mixed feelings about Game of Thrones. I like byzantine plots but I'm made uneasy by the voyeuristic pleasure the series takes in suffering and the hypocrisy of medieval life.

[account deactivated]
i watched this show and i liked it
is that cause of all the 'brews
i guess i see why this program might chafe a lot of people here; i mean, the romanticization of the struggling white artist with the bourgeois background, guilt over gentrification, tedious sex lives and drug stories, over-intellectualization of experiences, desperate attempts to reject one's own whiteness- it's like a more polished and aesthetically pleasing version of the chatty posts around here. perhaps it is a fundamentally jewish show- of course, i don't know of a website with more latent philosemitism than this place, so i'm now inclined to agree.
it's, maybe you, deadken, get fiscal, are like the only people of bourgeois background i can think of. lykourgos? he's more like some sort of ancient intercession
i have a pretty bourgeois background, and foreground probably
im bougie
Okay bougie rollcall:

Cambot!
Gypsy!
Tom servo

CROOOOOOOOOW!
my class milieu is petty-bourgeois not like high bourgeois. my dad owns a minority stake in a small business where he is a manager. my friends from high school are pretty much all professionals / petty-bourgeois, too: corporate lawyers, doctors, professors, stuff like that. before i started flipping out i was set on applying to do a b. com. in accounting at a good school. then i started going to the lunch room and writing out fantasy budgets for the government of canada every day, applied to do a degree in political philosophy instead, and wound up in this mess.
there was an article in the New York Times the other day which was basically like "i decided not to let illness control my life and now i'm a professor". and like it's a good reminder to the sort of stigma that schizophrenia has but at the same time it feeds into this idea that illness is a matter of choice and framing. and it sort of is at some level, like a person with enough support can achieve a lot, and it's probably significant that only 1 in 10 people who are schizophrenic are working. but it's the conditions (supportive environment) that make that success possible, it's not really just the struggle of the individual.

my personal experience is that mental health services aren't really geared to people who are oriented towards professional sorts of careers. i've done a few employability things before and when 90% of your patients aren't working then the obvious thing is to focus on them being able to hold down jobs like tearing tickets at movie theatres and cleaning offices at night (both jobs people in the groups took). the sort of day programs they have available are usually like doing crafts for fun. rehabilitative jobs are like assembling plastic things in piece work. i'm not sure that's wrong, though. i mean it takes almost all my effort to do the everyday sort of stuff you need to do to live independently.

my hope for a long time was that i would just keep getting better in strides such that eventually it'd snap into place and i'd go back to school to get an advanced degree. i'm not sure that's a good medium-term strategy anymore, though, for a bunch of reasons.
i fall into the same pattern too sometimes getfiscal. try to downplay my bourgeois background through comparison to richer people who do even more to further the expansion of global capitalism. then i collapse from the effort into concern for my mental health. oh, i was going to be an evil doctor myself, then i discovered SLASH'EM, now i hope to spark revolution if i can just get a vyvanse scrip.

swampman posted:

i fall into the same pattern too sometimes getfiscal. try to downplay my bourgeois background through comparison to richer people who do even more to further the expansion of global capitalism. then i collapse from the effort into concern for my mental health. oh, i was going to be an evil doctor myself, then i discovered SLASH'EM, now i hope to spark revolution if i can just get a vyvanse scrip.

actually you got it backwards, i greatly admire people who are high-performance professionals, and i don't really care about revolution or all that. i think being sick has been a huge waste of time and money. i also judge myself against my old friends, i should have out-performed them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blat_(term)

getfiscal posted:

swampman posted:

actually you got it backwards, i greatly admire people who are high-performance professionals, and i don't really care about revolution or all that. i think being sick has been a huge waste of time and money. i also judge myself against my old friends, i should have out-performed them.

dang thats way more delusional than i thought you were being

I wouldnt confuse The system of blat with bouginess. If the show was good as a result of this informal casting then it would be bouginess. But it is not. Its blat.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

swampman posted:

[account deactivated]

parabolart posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blat_(term)

Oh right, i'm this instead

i wish i was born into wealth so i could grow up with a bunch of opportunities and experiences and then later denounce that stuff while keeping all of the cultural capital ive accumulated and live in the poor part of town just to be edgy and not because i am poor and have the knowledge in the back of my mind that if i called up a family member or friend i could easily be right back where i was before like nothing happened except i could feel superior to my peers in my mind because i had the whole 'poor' adventure. instead i just dated a couple of upper-middle class girls and experienced them experiencing poverty through me
same

piss posted:

i wish i was born into wealth so i could grow up with a bunch of opportunities and experiences and then later denounce that stuff while keeping all of the cultural capital ive accumulated and live in the poor part of town just to be edgy and not because i am poor and have the knowledge in the back of my mind that if i called up a family member or friend i could easily be right back where i was before like nothing happened except i could feel superior to my peers in my mind because i had the whole 'poor' adventure. instead i just dated a couple of upper-middle class girls and experienced them experiencing poverty through me

Siddhartha is first a Brahmin, then a Samana, then he discards all teaching to bang Kamala. Boo yah