A romantic construct concocted out of thin air by desperate fools? A spiritual force that surrounds us and imbues us with grace and goodness and empathy? A sham designed to weaken the mind and obfuscate the harsh blankness of material reality? A gift from God? A scientific condition caused by neurons and pheromones and dictated by biological and physiological urges?

How does love fit into your ideological worldview and how do you best think that it can be tamed, strengthened or eradicated in order to make this planet a better place or even to help you lead a better life.
[account deactivated]
"What is love? 'Baby, don't hurt me.' Don't hurt me: No more." - Jacques Lacan
a spiritual relationship between a devout follower and his God
i love being in love and also scotch
the refutation of capitalism

if there is anything that exemplifies love, it is capitalism and the endless worldly and metaphysical bliss and joy springs forth into the body, like an injection of pure heroin

i argue that people in capitalism are miserable because of the constant overload of pleasure they are experiencing, with no hardship or pain to serve as a contrast and out of this, manifests their malaise. longing to feel that which is impossible in capitalism: suffering

if there is anything that exemplifies love, it is capitalism and the endless worldly and metaphysical bliss and joy that it springs forth into your body, like an injection of pure heroin

i argue that people in capitalism are miserable because of the constant overload of pleasure they are experiencing, with no hardship or pain to serve as a contrast and out of this, manifests their malaise. longing to feel that which is impossible in capitalism: suffering

poppycock. to love is to care for another in ways the capitalist expects us to only care for ourselves. egoism and love may look similar, as all mirror images do, but they are quite different!

theres something horribly disgusting yet beautiful about love, like encountering a rotting animal carcass on the side of the road
It seems really, really odd that so many of you are trying to relate it to capitalism. I would have thought that it occurs outside of an ideological framework.

There is nothing "communist" or "fascist" about loving your kids or sharing a kiss with a lover

It seems really, really odd that so many of you are trying to relate it to capitalism. I would have thought that it occurs outside of an ideological framework.

There is nothing "communist" or "fascist" about loving your kids or sharing a kiss with a lover

i groaned when i read that post and its not just because of the two-box serving of hamburger helper wrenching its way through my intestines

oh yeah to answer the OP: a two-box serving of hamburger helper
e:

Nothing happens outside of ideological frameworks.

actually everything happens outside of them

only a sick world-rejecting untermensch subordinates his will to the ideal

e:

i weep for people who believe this

Nothing happens outside of ideological frameworks.

actually everything happens outside of them

I thought insha'allah I could sneak that by and edit it out before anyone quoted it. Apparently not.

i feel bad for quoting you now

e:

i weep for people who believe this

Go back to Utah.

According to Louis Althusser, Everything is ideology, and through this ideology the state gains control of ppl without the use of force, by method of "ideological state apparatus" & simply by existing in this framework you react to these apparatuses. For this reason its very difficult to impossible to escape state "control", even moreso than in a society ruled by "force." However, Louis Althusser also points out that there is one absolute, unwavering path out and through this framework: Love, True Love.

i feel bad for quoting you now

Yes, people usually end up regretting it.

According to Louis Althusser, Everything is ideology, and through this ideology the state gains control of ppl without the use of force, by method of "ideological state apparatus" & simply by existing in this framework you react to these apparatuses. For this reason its very difficult to impossible to escape state "control", even moreso than in a society ruled by "force." However, Louis Althusser also points out that there is one absolute, unwavering path out and through this framework: Love, True Love.

Louis Althusser strangled his wife to death

How does love fit into your ideological worldview

yeah that's the point, the pre-eminent role personal relationships bonded by love play in Actually Existing Lives completely contradicts fantasies of homo economist

Louis Althusser strangled his wife to death

don't chokeshame

All Great Lovers Are Fascists
That's true. Fascism gives people purpose and makes them feel validated and like they "belong" to something to the exclusion of others and that's exactly what making love to a woman should involve.
then why do i want to make love to two? three? a harem?!
[account deactivated]
If you try to define love within your ideological framework needless to say you will never experience it... Sorry hun
Love is, like, just a bunch of chemical impulses in the brain, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
and yet, far more satisfying when induced naturally and spontaneously than through grotesque synthetic simulacra
oh, i see by the op that you're overly constricting the term "love" to refer specifically to romantic love. nice. nice. what about filial love? or the love between close friends? is that not love? nice bigotry, you FUCK.

Keven posted:

No the way out is to strangle your wife

E:fb

you will fall in love one day cycloneboy, and all you've ever posted will melt and fall into a big bucket that says "Autism" on its side
[account deactivated]
i got mad love for my glue sniff homies but that only one i'd bang is animedad so i may have to side with cycloneboy on this...