xipe posted:

noneconomic bennies like being able to cut in line at the store & get other guys to tip their hat & call u sir & step off the sidewalk whenever you walk past; supposedly thats stuff worth fighting for

well its not like there was a lot of everyday type social interaction between slaves and poor whites as most slaves were confined to their plantations and most poor white were confined to their hills, and it wasnt worth fighting for because like 4/5ths of the confederate army deserted and wherever slave power wasnt well established in the south you had either a union state (kentucky, missouri, west virginia) or a unionist insurgency (east tennessee)

lol this thread wth

Tsargon posted:

also i would like to hear how you justify the idea that free labor benefits from being put into competition with slave labor, as the notion runs so contrary to all accepted thought that itd be novel to hear such an argument

whites and blacks were not competing for jobs

i learned the other day that my dad was the first person in his family to graduate from high school
my dad didnt graduate from high school and his dad never knew him so he wasnt really a dad. i guess tha tmeans im the first to graduate from high school in my dad's family
i'm going to be the first, and only one in my family to completely end the lineage line. it will be a proud moment, as it will be a most profound act of permanence that can never be repeated.
I wouldn’t mind impregnating a random woman I’ll never see again so my seed lives on in an abstract, cosmic sort of way
Im going to use the double reverse emancipation to legally become your child, then have a kid, using the method of sex with a lady. Sorry mate.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

I wouldn’t mind impregnating a random woman I’ll never see again so my seed lives on in an abstract, cosmic sort of way

there was a facebook conversation on my thing recently where this girl and a guy were discussing the abortion he had with his girlfriend in the most casual terms i've ever seen, and even making jokes about it. it was the most fucked up shit i ever seen bro. he was like "yeap no we aborted it. decided it would be too much trouble, you know, haha" and she responded "oh that's okay i support that, i wouldnt want to see the collective evil the two of you would introduce into hte world." i was like o_O

Yea thats really fucked up and yet it's exactly what every liberal on earth wants to happen every day, in real life and on the internet.
there are a lot of people who love the shock value of that kind of thing so don't act like it's not common with young urbanite shitheads
that really wouldn't be common at all among the people i know, all of whom are young urbanite shitheads.
for some reason i dated a girl for way too long who would always talk about how willing she would be to get an abortion, and it was so over-zealous it bothered me, and our arguments over tangentially-related reproductive cycle issues ultimately proved us incompatible and ended the relationship
that sux man

Impper posted:

there was a facebook conversation on my thing recently where this girl and a guy were discussing the abortion he had with his girlfriend in the most casual terms i've ever seen, and even making jokes about it. it was the most fucked up shit i ever seen bro. he was like "yeap no we aborted it. decided it would be too much trouble, you know, haha" and she responded "oh that's okay i support that, i wouldnt want to see the collective evil the two of you would introduce into hte world." i was like o_O

i honestly dont see what was so o_O about that impper. maybe -_- or even >_> but not o_O as i can understand where they could be coming from, in hypothetical way

definitely not -_- but maybe >_> or x_x

but i distinctly remember my face being o_O
May all of you degenerates find your own foul manic pixies though if that's your thing

Impper posted:

Well it shouldn't be a big taboo but yeah, it's probably not "Amanda Douglas and John Christy like this" material.

i use afake name on facebook bruh

Impper posted:

that really wouldn't be common at all among the people i know, all of whom are young urbanite shitheads.

The girl I met off okcupid last week is pretty dark. I was teasing her and she said “I’m a good person! I’ve helped volunteer with special needs kids and helped a friend out when she needed an abortion” and while I nodded and tried to formulate a pithy joke she said “and do you know how hard it is to find a clean coathanger?”

Beaten at my own game

Impper posted:

lemme guess...."Mike Stone"

Impper posted:

lemme guess...."Mike Stone"

it's "Jesus Christy" and the picture is a pencil sketch of jimi hendrix

its one thing to joke about abortions, but to joke about your own seemed like crossing a line. well, it was more than joking, but the cold and rational way that the guy talked about it, like it would cost too much money and so on and so on. i realize that on some level an abortion is usually rational on a lot of levels, but it freaked me out to see somebody discussing it so casually. it was that more than the lame jokes, and then for the other person to joke about it, well i guess it made sense.
i tried to talk my ex out of an abortion once and she was like fuck you bitch im gonna do it neways and i cried in my friends lap for like two hours about it true story
my fb name is jonni limonov
can i add you Imp?

I don't understand why your so hung up on this abortion issue tbqh, it's just a clump of cells.
Im pro loegal abortions but dont like it when women betray their natural mothering instincts

I don't understand why your so hung up on this abortion issue tbqh, it's just a clump of cells.

yeah maaaaaaaan. fuck you.

you can add me bro
also this is getting weirdly personal but i had an abortion (obviously not me personally) and it fucked me up emotionally at the time, and recently i got really drunk and couldn't stop thinking about what the kid would be like today, as a 5 or 6 year old, and how much different my life would be. so it was like the potential or whatever. or it was also like a creed song

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

yeah maaaaaaaan. fuck you.

Well what?

Everyone deals with it their own ways, if people want to be flippant about it more power to them.

and in a strange way we come full circle to the original purpose of this thread.

Maybe if abortion was banned we would see paleoconservatism return? Surely it's no co-incidence that neoconservatism was born at the time the roe vs wade kids would have come of age
i added impper and bf so im gonna add u iwc. this is possibly the most dumb thing i err done.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i added impper and bf so im gonna add u iwc. this is possibly the most dumb thing i err done.

Meh go ahead, we're on different continents, what bad could come of it.

nevermind i cant find yer shit. and after all these years you never registered aim like you told me you would so WOW. so hurt! i be cryin yo

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i tried to talk my ex out of an abortion once and she was like fuck you bitch im gonna do it neways and i cried in my friends lap for like two hours about it true story

was she 12 years old?
were you 12 years old?

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Tsargon posted:

what in the world is an anglo caribbean?

the white people who run all that shit and have since they brough in the slaves. my point is that your premise about englands pattern of colonization somehow making not american history built upon the backs of black slaves is completely stupid.

To be literal literal, America wasn't built on the back of black slaves, at least not the 13 colonies. The slave trade didn't really shift from the caribbean sugar stuff and minor missippii delta sugar stuff for quite a while. The peoples whose backs it was built on tended to be those poor white indentured servants. I'm strictly speaking about 13 colonies though, not America America. Lots of those people are still poor now!

Tsargon posted:

it is. recall that george bush 2, who i am sure no one would disagree as being an arch-deacon of neo-conservatism, attempted to legalize ~10 million mexican immigrants and make it easier for others to come over. recall also that, in the antebellum south, there were two main political sides: rich whites who wanted a constant influx of slaves so as to make white labor completely irrelevant, and poor whites who wished to eject both the aristocrats and the slaves.

And republicans have consistently been the "amnesty" granting presidents. I don't know why people who consider themselves leftists are so easily swayed by illegal immigrant stuff. They're used as a wedge to depress wages and to avoid the costs of proper safety protocols and so on. Or if businesses want to hire illegals they can pay a 100,000 fine per head per violation, with easy systems set up to check social security numbers. There used to be a number you could call if you wanted to check if a name/birthdate/ss were legit, and it was no big deal at all. But it was ended during the george W Bush's first term. I think.

Plus the massive remittances sent back by all mexican illegals have been helping to prop up a totally broken government in mexico for ages. of course they stayed in power because the us assisted in any dismantling or murdering of leftist opposition, so0o0o0.

I just don't see how illegal immigrants make life for the poor people of a country better, the arguments about them adding economic activity sound just like arguments about how investment banks add so much to gdp.
I might be totally wrong, I don't really know

Tsargon posted:

so yes, to the op, i believe it will re-emerge although with reformed features, as things get scrappier and people get more radical. modern conservatism has no room for radicalism beyond as voters who get immediately abandoned as soon as theyve discharged their political purpose (voting)

That makes a lot of sense. Since the composition of the contemporary republican party basically comes from some mix new reagan era junk bond elites connected to certain politicians, and using Pat Robertson style connections to use the evangelical for the republicans, and the massive abandonment by the democrats of all the newly laid off and under employed people, who were scooped up by republicans who told them that the problem was too high taxes and unions making it too hard to Do Business.

So when all of those people realize that they're being abused, they'll want a legitimate conservative outlet, sort of like what's happening in europe?

Myfanwy posted:

To be literal literal, America wasn't built on the back of black slaves, at least not the 13 colonies. The slave trade didn't really shift from the caribbean sugar stuff and minor missippii delta sugar stuff for quite a while. The peoples whose backs it was built on tended to be those poor white indentured servants. I'm strictly speaking about 13 colonies though, not America America. Lots of those people are still poor now!

Yeah as if the "people" in the thirteen colonies didn't benefit at all from what was going on in the "periphery" of the 13 colonies. (the place where shit was actually going on, its no coincidence that you decide to center your shit around a place that doesnt matter and also happens to be the center of the creation story for the new white.) indentured servants didn't build shit thats WHY there were slaves. fucking duh, lol.