[account deactivated]
Thank you for your service to the community Ollu. You won't find many people with mature opinions about law and order around here, but don't you worry. Tom's got your back.

babyfinland posted:

Actually Tom, if there's anything I learned while coppin' is that the most sensible thing to do about cops is to kill 'em and run an ashwood stake through their hearts, cut off their heads, and stuff their mouths full of garlic.

I am Blade, the gaywalker. Half-man, half-cop: all fabuluz

don't you have to take a bunch of tests and go through some kind of academy training that requires you to be a sociopath to pass?
Yes. It's real easy though.

I was unemployed for many moons after college and I had an in at an upcoming academy class. So I briefly went insane for a bit.

The pensions are super sweet, but I would've committed suicide way before I'd have started to collect.

Now I teach high school history.
well there's a rotten apple in every barrel i suppose.
I prefer to say I was purged for lack of ideological purity (and Daddy Issues).
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

they took my 7th grade class on a tour of prison what the hell was that about

years ago in the heart of detroit: kindergarten-3rd graders, would go on a field trip to the local police station and the police would have the kids play a "game" where they would finger print the children. didn't even wait until they were out of diapers to racially profile them

Ollu posted:

I was unemployed for many moons after college and I had an in at an upcoming academy class. So I briefly went insane for a bit.

The pensions are super sweet, but I would've committed suicide way before I'd have started to collect.

did you have to take a lie detector test? what kinds of questions did they ask, lol

discipline posted:

they took my 7th grade class on a tour of prison what the hell was that about

AmericanNazbro posted:

Ollu posted:

did you have to take a lie detector test? what kinds of questions did they ask, lol

Yeah. It was short though. Basically "have you ever done drugs or have you ever commited a felony?" For most of the interview I wasn't hooked up to the machine. There were three interviews before I got hired and they did a background check. They asked my family some questions, but they never bothered my friends. Funny, because I hide a lot of shit from family. This was a city cop job and I'm told they're way tougher for state police.

I was truthful, weed & things in college, no intention of keeping it up while policing. It seems like that was what they wanted to hear because they knew I wasn't a square, but I was also submissive to the Will of the State.

The physical test was the hardest part: A 1.5 mile run, followed immediately by pushups and sit-ups, as many as possible in the alotted time limit. The academy was basically boot camp.

The exams were so piss easy it was almost insulting, but there were a lot of guys who failed them.

Only a certain type of person stays in the job very long because you pretty much have to love being a horrible asshole.

[account deactivated]

Ollu posted:

Like in the Wire

swampman posted:

Ollu posted:

Like in the Wire

this, also good to see you swampman man