deadken posted:

ive noticed it a lot recently, you refer to things either in very general terms or shrouded in mystery, as if any totality is unreachable, your posts are an incomplete jigsaw puzzle..... its very pomo. congrats

yeah this. I get really confused with your (dm) posts sometimes, but then you make more posts later and then things gradually fall into place and I'm like "ooooooooo that's what he means."

gang of four are from leeds and that explains a lot. but then so is rusko so i dont fuckin know

deadken posted:

what if theyre not in

you figure out your friend's schedule and routine pretty well usually because, you know, you're friends. And you know... you whenever you meet up you're like, "So got any plans this week?" Of course, they'll name the stuff they gotta do or have planned and the rest they're probably just sitting at home dicking around on the internet or whatever.

if worse comes to worse, you can always hit up a beer garden and chat it up with whoever you're sitting next to.
last night one of my neighbours tried to drunkenly force his way into my apartment saying he was in a depressive episode and i had to threaten him with violence before he left. then he came back having drunk an entire vial of acid and i had to watch him trip out for an incredibly boring hour and a half until i got bored and kicked him out again. people are the worst

girdles_gone_wild posted:

deadken posted:

what if theyre not in

you figure out your friend's schedule and routine pretty well usually because, you know, you're friends. And you know... you whenever you meet up you're like, "So got any plans this week?" Of course, they'll name the stuff they gotta do or have planned and the rest they're probably just sitting at home dicking around on the internet or whatever.

i have i think one friend who dicks around on the internet as much as i do and she's on antidepressants. this shit aint healthy

girdles_gone_wild posted:

if worse comes to worse, you can always hit up a beer garden and chat it up with whoever you're sitting next to.

i cant do that lol, im british

i can only strike up conversations with strangers if weve been introduced by someone else or if im drunk or on drugs or in a very closed environment such as a frat party or w/e, once im going im fine and have no social anxieties whatsoever, its really weird
im going to bed. quintuple post

deadken posted:

at least in germany you get good mdma. i think its only drugs that get me through winters in europe.... here in cali ive been taking a lot more coke but its strictly casually, i never feel that Need..... of course theres the alcoholism but ive yet to experience a single negative side effect from that so im going to pretend its not a problem

'alcoholism' is one of those puritanical american things im sure doesnt exist, i drink therefore i am and if the latter aint a problem then neither's the former

deadken posted:

i can only strike up conversations with strangers if weve been introduced by someone else or if im drunk or on drugs or in a very closed environment such as a frat party or w/e, once im going im fine and have no social anxieties whatsoever, its really weird

yeah sounds like Loneliness, ole-fashioned cosmic Anxiety, and profound unhappiness. i've been there

deadken posted:

i think most people are the same way though. looking back from when i was 19-21 I could basically strike up a conversation with pretty much anyone with no problems, hang ups, anxieties, or whatever, because I just wanted to make friends, meet people, and be 'social.' I can still do it now fine (26 years old), but I'm way less inclined to do so now... mostly because I'm just like, "ehh... it ain't worth it."

dm posted:

idk, i'll have to think about it now that you mention it

i guess there's not much point in saying anything when you're not used to being heard.

it wasn't just that thread either. it's become an established fact around here that i'm a Virgin and that everything i say should be read in that light. moreover, it is the internet of all places that i have apparently sought to rectify this non-existent state of affairs because there is literally nobody in the area who would have sex with me (let alone anyone that has in the past).

the liminality thing seems to have reinforced this idea when it's not what i was talking about.

you were like, (and still are) a total mystery dude. i know more about whats going through Tom's digestive tract than what you're about, other than the economics and the things you've written up yourself
I Am Tom's Raging Insulin Level

deadken posted:

last night one of my neighbours tried to drunkenly force his way into my apartment saying he was in a depressive episode and i had to threaten him with violence before he left. then he came back having drunk an entire vial of acid and i had to watch him trip out for an incredibly boring hour and a half until i got bored and kicked him out again. people are the worst

californians are intolerable, but I guess being from an island full of brits your perspective would be a bit skewed anyway

Crow posted:

you were like, (and still are) a total mystery dude. i know more about whats going through Tom's digestive tract than what you're about, other than the economics and the things you've written up yourself

actually youre no more or less mysterious than any other internet poster anywhere, cmon yall

Crow posted:

i am a mystery to myself too! i know a little bit about all kinds of random stuff but not a lot about anything in particular.

a few people seemed worried wrt some stuff i said, so let me adjust your mental images of me a bit:

you folks found out some kinda troubling stuff about my past. now, in the present, i'm doing a lot better than i have been in a long time even if it still sucks a bit for a little while. so i really do appreciate the concern and everything, but there's no need to worry or risk overinterpreting what i say. it's alright!

dm posted:

i am a mystery to myself too! i know a little bit about all kinds of random stuff but not a lot about anything in particular.

look at you being modest

did anyone read the article
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

dm posted:

idk, i'll have to think about it now that you mention it

ive noticed it a lot recently, you refer to things either in very general terms or shrouded in mystery, as if any totality is unreachable, your posts are an incomplete jigsaw puzzle..... its very pomo. congrats

yeah I haven't understood a dm post in a few months. IT's weird, but also cool

littlegreenpills posted:

did anyone read the article

lol get a 'load' of this guy

deadken posted:

cleanhands posted:

also the reason i could never live somewhere like the us or australia, neverending gloom suits my temperament just fine thanks, id probably enjoy the northwest us though

i used to think that, being of the gloomy bookish type generally, but no. the weather. it does things to your brain and makes you happy, its weird and terrifying

yeah lol. i get so happy when it's sunny and nice, but then like i get depressed cus im stuck inside in a shitty office

deadken posted:

same, except when i'm in a really good mood and walking around or whatever. or drunk

dm the way you talk recently i always get the sense that you have been copy pasting your posts from somewhere else, and most of them are responses to people on another forum. that is my Impression yall

Impper posted:

dm the way you talk recently i always get the sense that you have been copy pasting your posts from somewhere else, and most of them are responses to people on another forum. that is my Impression yall

i never get that impression... to me, the aesthetic comes across more like, a purified "in medias res" of posting. like dm's been thinking very carefully about something for hours, and then decides to post, but the post isnt grounded by the previous hours of thought? something like that. kinda like the literal opposite of some E/N forum poster who's like "Um, Ok, so, let me start with a little backstory... I was going to the Mall to, get a gift for my mom for Mother''s Day and, *5000 words later* and, so now I think I might have raped her, but I'm not sure about the technical definition of rape? Should I tell try talking with my Lawyer, about this goons?"

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

germanjoey posted:

Impper posted:

i never get that impression... to me, the aesthetic comes across more like, a purified "in medias res" of posting. like dm's been thinking very carefully about something for hours, and then decides to post, but the post isnt grounded by the previous hours of thought? something like that. kinda like the literal opposite of some E/N forum poster who's like "Um, Ok, so, let me start with a little backstory... I was going to the Mall to, get a gift for my mom for Mother''s Day and, *5000 words later* and, so now I think I might have raped her, but I'm not sure about the technical definition of rape? Should I tell try talking with my Lawyer, about this goons?"

aaah yah that makes sense too hehe. whatevers goin on i like it..

dm makes associations and connections that are sensible to someone with his set of knowledge and specific frame of mind at that point in time then posts as if everyone else was thinking the same thing which is what weirds some people out, as if he's constantly laughing at some private little injoke. hth
i don't have any friends

Doug posted:

i don't have any friends

i'll be your friend doug

f
the internet doesnt count
you have no idea... the gravity of what was just offered to you, doug
smh.
Wow doug you fool
sorry

Doug posted:

i don't have any friends