fyi i can't unifap ppl. if you're in now you've gotta do what crow says
Nice
i had a beer with McCaine last night, he's cool

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

i had a beer with McCaine last night, he's cool

did you really? are you in england? give jools a dap on my behalf

Nah he came out to Sydney for "Historical Materialism 2012" to give a speech. Had some beers, some laffs, some good discussions on class politics, he's a bit of a twink so the big bouncer came to our table and demanded his ID lol.
do you know if there will be video up of the conference? i kind of want to hear mccaine's speech

The New Institutionalist Economic History: A Marxist Critique
Matthijs Krul, Friday 11.15am
In mainstream contemporary economic history, two methodological approaches are currently
predominant: Cliometrics and the New Institutionalist Economic History (NIEH). While the
former limits itself to positivist quantification, the latter provides an increasingly influential
theoretical framework for interpreting economic change. The NIEH, as developed in the work
of Douglass North, Barry Weingast, Avner Greif and others, returns to answering the
questions posed first by such thinkers as Karl Marx and Karl Polanyi in understanding the
relationship between structural changes in the economy and the social relations of which the
economy forms a part. Its attempt to revive a research programme around the ' embeddedness'
of the economic in social institutions constitutes a considerable step forward in moving
mainstream research toward historical questions interesting to Marxists. But there has been
little Marxist engagement with the NIEH.
This paper attempts to provide such a critical engagement. In this paper, I will argue that
despite the innovative manner in which North and others have gone beyond neoclassical
economics, this theoretical heritage nonetheless limits its usefulness as systematic social and
historical theory. The NIEH still uncritically adopts a framework in which market phenomena
and market metaphor form the backbone of the conceptual apparatus. Because of this, I will
argue the NIEH's philosophy of society reintroduces a Smithian 'invisible hand', but at the
level of social institutions, allowing the NIEH to fulfil the same political and
historiographical purpose as the Whiggish history of old did. Using a Marxist critique of
markets and market metaphor, I will evaluate the NIEH's historical problematic and suggest
ways in which the NIEH approach can and should be integrated into a Marxist theoretical
register.

you don't give speeches at these types of things, you read an abstract and then make scattered remarks and field questions
oh ok i didn't actually get a chance to see it, is that how it works?
Whiggish history of old
Thuggish thuggery of Bone
i cant read mccaines serious writings without thinking of the picture of him nude with 'PISS SLAVE' scrawled on his chest
we are all piss slaves under industrial capitalism
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Must be nice to be able to drop $1000 us and a full week to go to a glorified anime con
[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

Must be nice to be able to drop $1000 us and a full week to go to a glorified anime con

people who are training to be professors (professional otaku) sometimes have to give conference papers (fansubs) in order to build credibility within their field of study (ranma 1/2)

i hope mccaine is my professor some day so i can fuck him for an A
remember how mccaine is an ephebophile for hot teen dick
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
would a sweetie pie advocate an ideology that has failed over and over, killing millions? no? then chillasx broina
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Im also the mod.

Goethestein posted:

it's fully paid for by the university but yes, even grad students making a nominal wage of like twelve grand a year are made in the shade imo

[account deactivated]
Haha dudebro. Nice one. Ace purpose.

I make some amount of money and I feel wealthy and accomplished with that amount. What I'm trying to say is I don't have a long term girlfriend.
slave morality
discipline i liked your paragraph about moscow on ur tumblr

eccentricdeathmongrel posted:

http://gyazo.com/c9522ba430b2d62f7c15b65ac6e98fe6.png

some guy says "hey not to be antisemitic or anything but israelis seem pretty racist" which would not raise a hackle in any leftist group i have ever heard of, some israeli whines about it with the implication that it's shocking and idiotic to the degree of reddit's pederasty and perpetual hatred of women and black people, i dispute this and am banned. cool stuff

[account deactivated]

eccentricdeathmongrel posted:

that's the best and only good forum on reddit. it's exactly like old wddp lf but even more exclusive and aggressive

Keven posted:

Im also the mod.

find a getfiscal post and then press the "force user logout" button repeatedly. once you grow tired, set up a plastic drinking bird to continually depress your mouse button

thanks mod man

right now maggotmaster is on a proxy out of the Holy See which is funny when you consider his fascination with little girl anime
looks like maggotmaster's original IP way back in November before he got banned was in new york city. now why would a dude in venezuela have a nyc ip. dont make no sense imo...

discipline posted:

animedad posted:

discipline i liked your paragraph about moscow on ur tumblr

thanks. I had a weird time

wheres your tumblr

i sense a real opportunity for an enterprising young black man to form a progressive, forward-looking hate group to help mend the rift between blacks and white nationalism against a common enemy

"I have a dream, that one day we will secure the existence of our people and a future for our little black boys and black girls to be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers"