Alyosha posted:

But I have read their books myself

yes youve read english translations of latin translations of arabic translations. now read george salibas book and you will see what exactly the process of translation consists of and why i making this argument.

Lessons posted:

"math converted to islam" lmao

i can smell your insecurity

saliba is a christian btw

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

thats a kinda creepy thing to say tbh

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

someone's hungry.....

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

*wide-eyed and grinning, tom's filthy face descends over thug lesion's naked back* i can smellll yer *long sniff* INSECURITY...*spittle drop*

smells like garbage juice

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

if you say so. you will say anything to discredit me. you are small and stupid and my superiority over you humiliates you

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

Alyosha posted:

yes youve read english translations of latin translations of arabic translations. now read george salibas book and you will see what exactly the process of translation consists of and why i making this argument.

Do you really believe this? Of course it was translated from the original Greek into English.

[account deactivated]
when a lesser human has weak emotions directed towards me my nostrils flare and i get stabby
[account deactivated]

Alyosha posted:

babyfinland posted:

Alyosha posted:

Do you really believe this? Of course it was translated from the original Greek into English.

read the damn book you lazy moron

yes of course the original greek texts were later translated. they were translated into a islamo-hellenic high-intellectual culture inherited from the islamicate world. philosophy does not have talismanic properties that you rub the book and a genie comes out and bestows upon you mystical truths about reality

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

don't do this.

oh youre scared of me cuz ill break you in half and suck your guts up like a hyena sucking marrow

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

babyfinland posted:

islamo-hellenic high-intellectual culture inherited from the islamicate world.

what in the...time for bed *throws hans up*

i can smel lyour hands

this is me
The Catholic Church studied and largely incorporated the teachings of Aristotle from the beginning.

Alyosha posted:

The Catholic Church studied and largely incorporated the teachings of Aristotle from the beginning.

tpaine posted:

don't do this.

babyfinland posted:

getfiscal posted:

Lessons posted:

i think zizek says that hitler was basically the ultimate ironist, that he (and mussolini) basically took bolshevism and made it into a right-wing farce, and that it didn't really matter whether or not racism and shit was all garbage, and that that's why we should be passionate but sincere. lol to be honest i decided that from gleaning the words "hitler as ironist?" in one of his books as i was packing.

zizek is such a sinister little fascist and he always comes back to this idea that Forget your humanity, be PASSIONATE and strike back at Passive Orientals and Womanly Decadence. he is an evil man

Those sound like the axioms of a great man to me

tpaine posted:

your fear is like mildewed bread thug lesson. Suck on that

i used it to cure my pee burns

babyfinland posted:

getfiscal posted:

Lessons posted:

i think zizek says that hitler was basically the ultimate ironist, that he (and mussolini) basically took bolshevism and made it into a right-wing farce, and that it didn't really matter whether or not racism and shit was all garbage, and that that's why we should be passionate but sincere. lol to be honest i decided that from gleaning the words "hitler as ironist?" in one of his books as i was packing.

zizek is such a sinister little fascist and he always comes back to this idea that Forget your humanity, be PASSIONATE and strike back at Passive Orientals and Womanly Decadence. he is an evil man

All Greater Lovers (in the humanitarian sense) are Fascists.

Lessons posted:

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

Alyosha posted:

I have heard of the Arabic influence on math and science before...

But when I think "Greek philosophy" I think Plato and Aristotle, and I would not describe their views as Islamic.

all of greek thought came through islamicate intellectual culture to the point where they have been irrevocably islamicized. sorry. there's no Philosopher without the Commentator

hahaha hEll yea

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

all of blues music came through British mod culture to the point where it has been irrevocably Anglocized. sorry. there's no Roller without the Rocker.

this true 2

Lessons posted:

i almost walked away from my computer with the window open to impper's last post to get a shower which would have been problematic had my roommate walked in and found the following on my screen:

Her Big, Hard Brothers
Daddy Sex Stories

>> reddit loves pedos
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

What if your roommate was like, dude, you too? LOL you could definitely post that anecdote in the PYF worst roommate stories thread and collect your gold. For the win

lol as if i'd post such a great story in a forum that doesn't allow upvotes

[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

if you say so. you will say anything to discredit me. you are small and stupid and my superiority over you humiliates you

haha well yes, "math converted to islam" and "you will say anything to discredit me." are definitely things a superior mind would say, and definitely NOT a crazy person.

tpaine posted:

manbabies or upvotes? which is more precious

my tomb shall contain more golden manbabies than there are grains of sand on a beach.

[account deactivated]
who said math converted to islam
i can smell your indigence. smells good.