honesty is never mean, goatstein.

...yeah it sorta can be?? at least to the non-autistic population among us
[account deactivated]
thank you tpaine for the kind words of consolation
[account deactivated]
is that a bass or a keyboard im playing

aerdil posted:

...yeah it sorta can be?? at least to the non-autistic population among us

the truth shall make you free - Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

cycloneteen is what would happen if they uploaded 4chan into lt. commander data

i cant believe i watched nearly all of tng

cleanhands posted:

i cant believe i watched nearly all of tng

me neither. why havent you finished

superabound posting is a trigger. i'm hyperventilating

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

superabound posting is a trigger. i'm hyperventilating

a thread making fun of nerds turns into star trek chat. nice
For the most part, Star Trek never really acknowledges alternatives to cis heterosexuality in any way, but there is a TNG episode called The Outcast in which they interact with a hypothetical alien race of androgynous persons who do not use gendered pronouns. The whole time there is an awkward romance going on between one of the aliens and Riker.

"The idea of gender... it is offensive to my people. You see, long ago we had two sexes, as you do; but we evolved into a higher form. I don't mean to be insulting. But on my planet, we have been taught that gender is... primitive."
"Primitive?"
"Less evolved."
"Maybe so, but sometimes... there's something to be said for an experience that's primitive."

(Evidently, this was written before the notion that "sex" and "gender" were two disparate ideas was common)

The episode then briefly delves into the related topic of feminism. An excerpt from the alien talking with Beverly Crusher:

"This is very confusing. Then, are women considered more superior, or the men?"
"Neither. In the past, women were often considered weak and inferior. But, that hasn't been true for a long time."

In a scene immediately after this, Worf (the traditionalist) goes on to contradict that, making it clear that women are weak and need more help. Beverley is disappointed. Worf further expresses that he does not like the androgynous race. When asked why he finds the idea of the genderless alien and humans mating disturbing, Worf explains through metaphor that all of this unpredictable activity causes him confusion. (My guess is that he secretly wonders to himself once again why he doesn't go back to being around decent Klingon folk.)

Next is the alien's confession of attraction towards Riker. She says that she is different than most of her race, because she has a compulsion towards being female, which she must keep secret. "On our world, these feelings are forbidden. Those who are discovered are shamed and ridiculed." She gives an example of a student who is given treatments designed to eradicate gender, and that he came back to school and was made to declare in front of everyone how happy he was to be cured.

Eventually they fulfill their passions towards one another and Riker begins taking the relationship seriously. However, she is captured by her people and brought to trial. She gives a dramatic speech defending her innate, lifelong femininity and worldview, but it has no effect on the proceedings aside to serve as admission of guilt; the judge explains that the treatment works perfectly and everyone who undergoes it ends up happier as a result.

Picard (who seems to find the whole thing a bit odd) informs Riker that official action is impossible due to the Prime Directive and that he would not defend Riker's career if he did something. Riker then begins a covert mission to re-capture his love, along with Worf (who sides with Riker out of warrior camaraderie, and although not spoken, perhaps due to the way Riker has challenged the ideals of the androgynous species).

In the end, though, she declares that she has been cured of her sickness, is glad to be so, and that she is sorry that Riker got caught up in it, but she no longer loves him and has no desire to return to her prior state. Riker, despondent, gives up and moves on.

Edited by Alyosha ()

wtf is this shit

Alyosha posted:

For the most part, Star Trek never really acknowledges alternatives to cis heterosexuality in any way, but there is a TNG episode called The Outcast in which they interact with a hypothetical alien race of androgynous persons who do not use gendered pronouns. The whole time there is an awkward romance going on between one of the aliens and Riker.

"The idea of gender... it is offensive to my people. You see, long ago we had two sexes, as you do; but we evolved into a higher form. I don't mean to be insulting. But on my planet, we have been taught that gender is... primitive."
"Primitive?"
"Less evolved."
"Maybe so, but sometimes... there's something to be said for an experience that's primitive."

(Evidently, this was written before the notion that "sex" and "gender" were two disparate ideas was common)

The episode then briefly delves into the related topic of feminism. An excerpt from the alien talking with Beverly Crusher:

"Neither. In the past, women were often considered weak and inferior. But, that hasn't been true for a long time."

In a scene immediately after this, Worf (the traditionalist) goes on to contradict that, making it clear that women are weak and need more help. Beverley is disappointed. Worf further expresses that he does not like the androgynous race. When asked why he finds the idea of the genderless alien and humans mating disturbing, Worf explains through metaphor that all of this unpredictable activity causes him confusion. (My guess is that he secretly wonders to himself once again why he doesn't go back to being around decent Klingon folk.)

Next is the alien's confession of attraction towards Riker. She says that she is different than most of her race, because she has a compulsion towards being female, which she must keep secret. "On our world, these feelings are forbidden. Those who are discovered are shamed and ridiculed." She gives an example of a student who is given treatments designed to eradicate gender, and that he came back to school and was made to declare in front of everyone how happy he was to be cured.

Eventually they fulfill their passions towards one another and Riker begins taking the relationship seriously. However, she is captured by her people and brought to trial. She gives a dramatic speech defending her innate, lifelong femininity and worldview, but it has no effect on the proceedings aside to serve as admission of guilt; the judge explains that the treatment works perfectly and everyone who undergoes it ends up happier as a result.

Picard (who seems to find the whole thing a bit odd) informs Riker that official action is impossible due to the Prime Directive and that he would not defend Riker's career if he did something. Riker then begins a covert mission to re-capture his love, along with Worf (who sides with Riker out of warrior camaraderie, and although not spoken, perhaps due to the way Riker has challenged the ideals of the androgynous species).

In the end, though, she declares that she has been cured of her sickness, is glad to be so, and that she is sorry that Riker got caught up in it, but she no longer loves him and has no desire to return to her prior state. Riker, despondent, gives up and moves on.

There's an episode of DS9 where two girls kiss.

Alyosha posted:

"Primitive?"
"Less evolved."

thats such an awful episode

them changing the alien from identifying as a man to identifying as a lady at the last minute really takes all the punch out, with the alien identifying as a lady it feels like some sort of weird old 1920s pamphlet about how in the soviet union Love Is Outlawed and stuff like that
I'm not sure what you mean. She never identified as a man. She only identified as androgynous before confessing that she thought of herself as female. She said she felt female her entire life.

She was played by an obviously female actress. The example she gave of a fellow student who thought he was male was not her, but someone else.

Here is the courtroom speech:

wow the three msot boring white people on the forum love star trek thats so crazy
[account deactivated]
ya man gotta get them value points. i'm 20 bux away from a free pizza.

Alyosha posted:

I'm not sure what you mean. She never identified as a man. She only identified as androgynous before confessing that she thought of herself as female.

the script had her as male originally

shennong posted:

Alyosha posted:

I'm not sure what you mean. She never identified as a man. She only identified as androgynous before confessing that she thought of herself as female.

the script had her as male originally

Do you have any evidence for this claim? Is it true that, in addition to Riker hooking up with an androgynous person, he was originally to discover his love for homosexuality as well? I think that would have made the episode a bit confused.

My ex wife cheated with 4 men and 2 women over the course of our marriage. The last guy was a convicted child rapist. FML. I chased him when he came over with her to get her stuff... and I ran after his as so fast he shit himself. I had my katana that was a gift from my friend who teaches White Tiger Style Shaolin Kung Fu... Cops took it Frown I was gonna cut the kiddie fuckers balls off.

solidcube 92 points 1 day ago

This is terrible and all but I was more concerned when I read that blacks had raped a 12 year old white boy's mother in front of him, murdered her, murdered his father in front of him, then drowned him in boiling water.

There is a genocide against Boers. The international media will say very little about it.

Why? Because the victims are white.

Goatstein -51 points 1 day ago

you know what you call blacks brutally killing three white south africans?? A Good Start! a cha cha cha cha (puffs on cigar)

Goethestein posted:

Why? Because the victims are white.

good news romani: turns out you're white! that's why nobody ever talks about the Porajmos.

A genderqueer tumblr blogger is at the supermarket, having used up her daily allotment of social interaction on making the dangerous trek through crowds of people. The cashier has just begun scanning their items, and says “Did you find everything alright, miss?”

The genderqueer is triggered, their Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome (self-diagnosed of course, but the medical system is run by white cis people so don’t say self-diagnoses isn’t valid) bringing up other horrible times in their lives when complete strangers didn’t read their mind and find out what pronoun they preferred today. They note their own forehead veins did not throb Anime-style, making a mental note to make a post about how ableist Anime artists are too people who don’t have veins close to the surface.

“YOU TRIGGERED ME! DIE CIS SCUM!” They say, and stab the cashier with a knife. Blood is everywhere, and he succumbs to the stabbing wound in his chest.

The other shoppers and cashiers look on in horror, as the genderqueer turns to them, empowered. Something dark and terrible begins to flicker in the genderqueer’s eyes.

“Cis people, if you aren’t scum, you have nothing to fear.” And the blogger smiles as the screams begin.

“But what are cis people?” One of the scum says as she is murdered.

The genderqueer says “It’s not my job to educate you.”

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

wow the three msot boring white people on the forum love star trek thats so crazy

im going to earnestpost for literally the first time ever just to let you know that if you dont like star track you are officially a bad person beyond all possible redemption. just go ahead and bury yourself in cocaine and snort your way to hell, ur done bro

mods change EmanuelaOrlandi's name to Mammary Alpha
i didn't say i don't like star trek

Superabound posted:

mods change EmanuelaOrlandi's name to Mammary Alpha

more like beta lmao

i dont like star trek

deadken posted:

i dont like star trek

i like reading a bout star trek
same

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Trek_novels