cycloneboy what do you do about your public boners?

ggw posted:

cycloneboy what do you do about your public boners?

i wear briefs

Cycloneboy posted:

i wear briefs

they should come up with some sort of chemical or device that can suppress stimulation in a man, thereby preventing rape by envelopment while also preserving a woman's right to be sexually assertive. perfect solution, eh cyclonopedophile?

TG posted:

they should come up with some sort of chemical or device that can suppress stimulation in a man, thereby preventing rape by envelopment while also preserving a woman's right to be sexually assertive. perfect solution, eh cyclonopedophile?

women would just find new ways to rape men. it wouldn't help.

cycloneboy which is worse, female-on-male rape by development or female-on-male rape by penetration?
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

I can barely work up the energy to post much less hate you for being pro-rape cycloneman

shaun!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3510575
I don't think he's pro rape
im unironically pro-rape. rape and murder the planet imo

discipline posted:

I can barely work up the energy to post much less hate you for being pro-rape cycloneman

yes, i'm the one who's pro-rape, not the person who engages in the erasure of half of the victims of attempted or completed rape that occurred in this country in the past year. LMAO.

Edited by Cycloneboy ()

ggw posted:

cycloneboy which is worse, female-on-male rape by development or female-on-male rape by penetration?

there's no such thing as rape by development, so...

no such thing as rape by development? wow cyclonekid, way to completely deny 200% of the rapes that occur in america. stop being pro-rape.

DeleuzerAndRetardi posted:

no such thing as rape by development? wow cyclonekid, way to completely deny 200% of the rapes that occur in america. stop being pro-rape.

rape by development? what is that i don't even?

rape by environment
theory: internet forums are a superior environment for childhood socialization than high schools

evidence: reality.

Cycloneboy posted:

the erasure of half of the victims of attempted or completed rape that occurred in this country in the past year. LMAO.

this is a cool gimmick and everything, i think we can all agree that it is endlessly entertaining, but your statistics are a bit shite mate.

Petrol posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

the erasure of half of the victims of attempted or completed rape that occurred in this country in the past year. LMAO.

this is a cool gimmick and everything, i think we can all agree that it is endlessly entertaining, but your statistics are a bit shite mate.

ACTUALLY, they are from the CDC in a comprehensive weighted study involving 16,000 people. So fuck off.

rape by envelopment is an anagram for My Pale Pen, Verboten

Goethestein posted:

rape by envelopment is an anagram for My Pale Pen, Verboten

i just checked. fucked up but true.

Poland raped Germany and Russia by envelopment in 1939

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Poland raped Germany and Russia by envelopment in 1939

stop perpetuating the erasure of the Soviet Union

Cycloneboy posted:

Petrol posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

ACTUALLY, they are from the CDC in a comprehensive weighted study involving 16,000 people. So fuck off.

"Approximately 1 in 20 women (5.6%) and men (5.3%) experienced sexual violence victimization other than rape in the 12 months prior to taking the survey."

Lifetime figures are much more reliable than the 12-month figures and on that front there really is no comparison. If you want to argue on behalf of male victims of sexual violence you could start by not making shit up.

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

tpaine posted:

there was a fyad flag that had this pic but with goatse that was hilarious, can anyone help me find it or the original please. googling owl goatse has led me to nothing but immaturity and sickos. If someone can't help me find this picture i might just cancel my aol subscription and throw this computer out the window, but not without calling up the aol president and giving him or her a piece of my mind first. Unbelievable.

i went to Taronga zoo last month T, i didn't see this owl, but they didn't let me in the office

[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

"Approximately 1 in 20 women (5.6%) and men (5.3%) experienced sexual violence victimization other than rape in the 12 months prior to taking the survey."

The CDC classifies rape by envelopment as "made to penetrate" i.e. "not really rape," joining the rape erasure gang comprised of such luminaries as EmanuelaOrlandi, discipline, and every "radical feminist" ever. An estimated 1,270,000 women were the victims of attempted or completed rape by penetration in 2010. An estimated 1,267,000 men were the victims of attempted or completed rape by envelopment. (This means, percentage wise, men were more likely to be victims since men are only about 49.1% of the population)

Petrol posted:

Lifetime figures are much more reliable than the 12-month figures

No they aren't, dumbass. Which is a more reliable memory: one from within the past 12 months, or one from within the entirety of your lifetime?? durr probably the one from your entire lifetime.

also there's a known huge fucking gendered bias in remembering childhood sexual abuse which probably also continues into adulthood??

Widom and Morris found that men's and women's definitions of sexual abuse differed, which may have led to differential disclosure rates. Specifically, of participants whose responses indicated CSA, 64% of the women labeled their experiences as abusive, whereas only 16% of the men did so. Men's resistance to define certain sexual acts as abuse, perhaps because of shame, embarrassment, or fear of stigmatization, may underlie gender differences in disclosure.

source

hth

this thread is raping me by envelopment
rape by envelopment, because the perpetration of 'normal' rape is reserved for men. thanks for further advancing the patriarchy, cycloneboy.
ive been enveloped in shitposts

Cycloneboy posted:

The CDC classifies rape by envelopment as "made to penetrate" i.e. "not really rape," joining the rape erasure gang comprised of such luminaries as EmanuelaOrlandi, discipline, and every "radical feminist" ever. An estimated 1,270,000 women were the victims of attempted or completed rape by penetration in 2010. An estimated 1,267,000 men were the victims of attempted or completed rape by envelopment. (This means, percentage wise, men were more likely to be victims since men are only about 49.1% of the population)

Petrol posted:

Lifetime figures are much more reliable than the 12-month figures

No they aren't, dumbass. Which is a more reliable memory: one from within the past 12 months, or one from within the entirety of your lifetime?? durr probably the one from your entire lifetime.

No need to get snippy. Considering the fact that the lifetime figures are 6 of men raped (including "made to penetrate") vs ~18% of women raped, you can either draw the conclusion that either there was a massive surge in male rape during 2010, or the numbers from that year are suspect in some way.

In any case, the issue isn't whether your memory will be better re: recent attacks, but the period of time covered by the study.

Cycloneboy posted:

also there's a known huge fucking gendered bias in remembering childhood sexual abuse which probably also continues into adulthood??

Widom and Morris found that men's and women's definitions of sexual abuse differed, which may have led to differential disclosure rates. Specifically, of participants whose responses indicated CSA, 64% of the women labeled their experiences as abusive, whereas only 16% of the men did so. Men's resistance to define certain sexual acts as abuse, perhaps because of shame, embarrassment, or fear of stigmatization, may underlie gender differences in disclosure.

source

hth

Nice cherry-picking there. In that section the authors are conducting a review of previous studies and identifying potential predictors of disclosure. When they look at their own data:

Significant gender differences in disclosure were not found (15.2% of males and 15.6% of females failed to disclose). It is possible that, as a result of changes in societal attitudes toward sexual abuse, males who experienced CSA in the 1970s rather than 1980s, or who were interviewed nearly a decade before the present study (as in the former prospective research), may have been more reluctant to admit to victimization. Alternatively, males in the present study may be nonrepresentative of male CSA victims.

welp,

Petrol posted:

No need to get snippy. Considering the fact that the lifetime figures are 6 of men raped (including "made to penetrate") vs ~18% of women raped, you can either draw the conclusion that either there was a massive surge in male rape during 2010, or the numbers from that year are suspect in some way.

In any case, the issue isn't whether your memory will be better re: recent attacks, but the period of time covered by the study.

Or, better yet, men are less likely to remember their rapes (as rapes) on the long term??

Alternatively, men may be more likely to be repeatedly victimized than women.

Petrol posted:

Nice cherry-picking there. In that section the authors are conducting a review of previous studies and identifying potential predictors of disclosure. When they look at their own data:

Significant gender differences in disclosure were not found (15.2% of males and 15.6% of females failed to disclose). It is possible that, as a result of changes in societal attitudes toward sexual abuse, males who experienced CSA in the 1970s rather than 1980s, or who were interviewed nearly a decade before the present study (as in the former prospective research), may have been more reluctant to admit to victimization. Alternatively, males in the present study may be nonrepresentative of male CSA victims.

welp,

Notice that at no point do the authors propose that the previous studies were inaccurate??? hmm...

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

rape by envelopment, because the perpetration of 'normal' rape is reserved for men. thanks for further advancing the patriarchy, cycloneboy.

Dear tumblr, please coin the 'zone phrase "Rapenormativity"

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

a significant number of rapes by penetration are done by women, yeah. i'm not denying that.

Cycloneboy posted:

Or, better yet, men are less likely to remember their rapes (as rapes) on the long term??

Alternatively, men may be more likely to be repeatedly victimized than women.

Mayhaps, when men are raped, it's super-rape, each incident of super-rape being worth ten garden-variety rapes...... The possibilities are endless

Cycloneboy posted:

Notice that at no point do the authors propose that the previous studies were inaccurate??? hmm...

My point was that you can't quote conjecture based on a single study and say hey, look at this "known huge fucking gendered bias".

You'd be better off looking at gendered rape myths, but of course then you'd find that men are much more likely than women to believe myths about male rape, and that across both men and women, there is a very strong correlation between believing male rape myths and believing female rape myths. Which all goes to show that feminism isn't actually the enemy here - patriarchy is.

Patriarchy "erases rape by envelopment", and waving your arms about spouting MRA bullshit isn't going to change that.

Petrol posted:

Mayhaps, when men are raped, it's super-rape, each incident of super-rape being worth ten garden-variety rapes...... The possibilities are endless

wow, nice, jokes about male rape victims.

Petrol posted:

You'd be better off looking at gendered rape myths, but of course then you'd find that men are much more likely than women to believe myths about male rape, and that across both men and women, there is a very strong correlation between believing male rape myths and believing female rape myths. Which all goes to show that feminism isn't actually the enemy here - patriarchy is.

Patriarchy "erases rape by envelopment", and waving your arms about spouting MRA bullshit isn't going to change that.

Patriarchy is a vacuous analytical tool that turns culture into ideology. Our culture propagates certain ideas about gender and sexuality that erase rape by envelopment, much like radical feminism. both should be stopped.

Cycloneboy posted:

Patriarchy is a vacuous analytical tool that turns culture into ideology.

Cycloneboy posted:

Patriarchy is a vacuous analytical tool that turns culture into ideology. Our culture propagates certain ideas about gender and sexuality that erase rape by envelopment, much like radical feminism. both should be stopped.

does "radical feminism" propagate rape, Cycloneboy?

VoxNihili posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

does "radical feminism" propagate rape, Cycloneboy?

given its tendency towards rape erasure, i'm going to have to go with "yes"